• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

VaNz Stuff.. about Peach (Tactical Discussion)

DoH

meleeitonme.tumblr.com
Also platforms tend to speed other characters up and slow Peach down. No interruptions is good for how her combo game flows, and lack of platforms also cuts down their recovery options

knightpraetor

Smash Champion
sveet 4 frames of lag after floating or do you mean after releasing your float. The latter is what i seem to be seeing

Ryobeat

Smash Ace
Speaking of stages, can Yoshi's be a good place for Peach vs Marth? The last two times i counterpicked there i won. I feel like it might be a good stage because it cuts off marths movement and space to react, and then peach is just all in his face. Its that or im just completely wrong XD

ShroudedOne

Smash Hero
Premium
@KP: The latter.

@Ryobeat: If you can DI his fthrows and avoid random tippers, Yoshi's isn't that bad. Still, it's much easier for him to smother you with his sword there.

I won't say you're completely wrong...but there's a reason as to why big stages are better vs Marth...

Ryobeat

Smash Ace
@Ryobeat: If you can DI his fthrows and avoid random tippers, Yoshi's isn't that bad. Still, it's much easier for him to smother you with his sword there.

I won't say you're completely wrong...but there's a reason as to why big stages are better vs Marth...
What i feel like is that on other stages, its a long way to approach, and i get baited into stuff when he just dash dances. It might just be that i approach too much. On yoshi's , that smooth movement that scares me into doing stupid stuff does happen anymore, and i feel more comfortable.

Match 2 is on yoshi's http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9lVdXfqfdNE Is it that he's doing something wrong or i just happened to beat him?

KK: Why is I all wrong? :pp Explain, i want to understand.

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend
I was just goofing off. I don't really know the merits of the stage for Peach vs Marth and vice versa aside from random tipper killing at 50%.

Xyzz

Smash Champion
I absolutely detest Yoshis vs Marth. If there's stage bans to be made, we won't play there.
But if it works for you, go ahead and take them there. I recall Ken being really good on Mute City despite it not really being a good Marth stage, so yeah...

On the other hand, I don't really see what's so amazing with YS. There isn't that much space on BF / FoD either, and their platform height doesn't allow Marth to punish you on reaction for ever landing on a sideplatform above him. I'd usually take them to DL if available but everything else is just fine as well... ( DL > FoD > BF / FD / PS > YS for me. I don't really mind spacious stages against, since while it gives him room to work with, I will just get more turnips when he doesn't approach enough or makes the mistake of keeping too far away. FoD is a personal favorite of mine in quite a few matchups because of its high ceiling and the platforms that so many people struggle to deal with while they are no hindrance for Peach at all, but DL is so great because everything is soo huge that one doesn't die early and recovering is also pretty ok because the huge layout makes it pretty hard for Marth to cover up everything if you reach the stage at a decent height :) )

Rosedemon

Smash Champion
Mute City wasnt really a bad stage for any character (besides Sheik trololol) it was just an extremely good one for Peach/Puff.

knightpraetor

Smash Champion
Hmm, I beat doll in tourney only on the big stages and then lost the sets by losing on the small stages...against DoP when i played him I had the same problem and would net wins in friendlies on big stages but couldn't win on smaller ones.

however, my skill level has changed so much since the last time I played a decent peach that I don't know how valid it is for marth to fish for low percent kill moves on peach. When i watched dr. PP's sets with armada, he didn't seem to get low percent kills that often, and got ***** on yoshi's once.

just off of my gut I would say big stages are better for marth, but I honestly think most marths including me really suck at the vs peach matchup, so maybe the big stages just help make up for bad edgeguarding and inability to clutch low percent kill opportunities

Wake

Smash Master
looks like i know what character i'm going to choose next time i face you!

*fthrow fthrow tipper*

*wake dies at 40%*
You will not beat me with Marth, but you can try if you want silly. You'll have to be as good as Bluezaft in the MU though. ;)

MM? YS only, Bo5 vs your Marth.

ShroudedOne

Smash Hero
Premium
Sorry, John, but you're probably going to get scraped. Not too late to back out, though. :)

MacD

Banned via Administration
hmmmmmmmm, idk who i would want to play

maybe tank gragas or AD sona

ps vanz, i'm undefeated top with tank gragas. i 've beat riven and jax

Xyzz

Smash Champion
I never really enjoyed one of those games (tried HoN, LoL, Dota2 ... but they somehow weren't nearly as fun) after stopping to play the original dota... :(
I might give dota2 another shot since by now I've upgraded to a PC where it should run pretty smooth, but on the other hand, I'm highly entertained by Tribes Ascend and TF2 as well for now, and those don't take sooo much time to play one round :D

Rosedemon

Smash Champion
what a **** game. play dota 2 y'all, it's like you're playing brawl instead of melee.
See that analogy doesnt work because LoL is more popular, more played and has a stronger financial backing.

I'd most def play Renekton or Shaco if they were in smash.

Fortress | Sveet

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀
I would take that marth vs peach YS only MM!

Also, dota2 is the truth. If anyone wants to play, SveetX is my steam

VA

Smash Hero
See that analogy doesnt work because LoL is more popular, more played and has a stronger financial backing.

I'd most def play Renekton or Shaco if they were in smash.
see that analogy doesn't work because DotA was a custom map of WC3, LoL is a game in its own right. y'all don't know nutin if ur saying my analogy doesn't work. I've played both and it's honestly like going from melee to brawl in terms of fun at least.

btw DotA 2 had a $2,000,000 tournament before it was released.

Top Bottom