• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

VaNz Stuff.. about Peach (Tactical Discussion)

VA

Smash Hero
that was literally my 3rd match of the day. I played chad, tink, and then darkrain after spending all night looking for mango.

You wouldn't have gotten wobbled if Nana wasn't alive. Just sayin.
where's mango?

let's stop being catty. armada wipes the floor with all of u, and one day i will too :smirk:

Get Low

Smash Ace
I don't mean to interrupt this girlfight or anything, but I have a question in regards to Wake's signature (the Hax quote).

Does Hax actually think that Peach is God-tier, or was he just trolling?

Wake

Smash Master
Peach is really really good. I think the top tier should be extended to include her honestly. It did not seem like a troll post when I read it a while back.

Rosedemon

Smash Champion
The pokemon league has no need for Peach.

She'll always be that 8th gym leader with a big booty

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend
I still think Claire was harder than Lance in GSC but that's mostly because Kingdra isn't 4x weak to Ice Beam or 2x weak to Thunderbolt.

Claire for top tier.

Rosedemon

Smash Champion
You sir are clearly underestimating Whitney.

That ***** is the *****iest ***** up in this *****.

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend
I actually forgot about Whitney.

Miltank at 3rd gym was pretty rough if you didn't trade for the Machop or invest in a member of the Geodude line.

ShroudedOne

Smash Hero
Premium
Rollout + Milk Drink = ShroudedOne counter

So many sad days on my Gameboy Color. So many sad days. :(

Rosedemon

Smash Champion
This one time I was up at like 11 PM and I ran into a Raikou which was so awesome cuz I had my Ariados in the lead. So I launch into a heated battle to capture it (my pokemon were under leveled for some reason so I was spamming revives and potions like mad man).

HOWEVER, I was sooooooo sleepy that I ended up falling asleep mid-battle. Woke up to a dead gameboy which was so disheartening.

DoH

meleeitonme.tumblr.com
I remember I played a Japanese rom when it first came out and got lost in that first cave where you find lapras....by the time I got out I had a feraligatr

:phone:

MacD

Banned via Administration
It's funny how DoH goes to the back of the library to find the rare matches that I lose and throw them in my face on the boards.

Maybe I should just draw one of his horrific losses out of a hat and parade it around.

:laugh:
yea, i thought it was funny he pulled out that one teams set from my first national when i realized my partner was an idiot

i think that is where i'm supposed to post my 2v1 comebacks and say how i've beaten mango in multiple tournies with a couple different partners.

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
Yeah mango ended up in my room throwing around my donkey kong plushes and talking about random **** day 2. It was hell to wake him up for bracket.

Rosedemon

Smash Champion
To be fair, the reason DoH cant pull more recent **** is cuz you dont play anymore (Mccain) or because you play so little that all there is you getting your weave snatched (VaNz).

Get Low

Smash Ace
or because you play so little that all there is you getting your weave snatched (VaNz).
Poor Vanz can't really do much but go to our crappy Ohio tournaments where we all suck, and we're not even a challenge for him. He can't really improve here because we're all scrubs.

knightpraetor

Smash Champion
started playing peach. random tech skill question: are there any frames when you release a float where you can't bair? i was just curious cause sometimes when I try to drop my float so that i can bair lower to the ground it doesn't come out. I was wondering if when i dropped float that there could be some frames where i couldn't bair.

if not, I have no idea why it keeps happening to me..but i'll figure it out

Wobbles

Desert ******
BRoomer
lol. I got grabbed 3 times. Considering I got wobbled, I'm surprised to have done as well as I did. Far as I'm concerned, wobbles did nothing that ICzplayer93485 couldn't have done.
People say this all the time.

It really makes me sad.

Silly Kyle

Smash Champion
**** all the Melee Peach players! y'all are stupid ****ing hos and a bunch of haters! Y'all need to stfu and go choke on a big fat **** <3

Xyzz

Smash Champion
@Wobbles: So many people don't seem to realize how hard it is to get grabs with nana in the correct position to wobble in the first place :(
@knightpraetor: I'm not totally sure whether I understand what you are asking. If you are dropping float and then hitting bair, you are doing it wrong in any case (won't autocancel then). If you hit bair and release the float so quickly that you hit the ground within 6 frames frames, there won't be any hitbox because they first come out on frame 6.
Sorry, both are pretty obvious and you probably know them, but just in case that answers your question, or prompts you to rephrase it in a way that even some sleep-deprived German student will understand ... ;)

knightpraetor

Smash Champion
yeah, that's not what is happening. I just wanted to make sure that peach is able to release float and start an aerial on the same frame; i was thinking maybe releasing float might have lag of some kind or something. I really am not sure, but thanks for the advice. I will try to make sure that i'm not fastfalling too early. but you would have to be really low to the ground for the bair not to come out in time I would think. 6 frames is a long time.

MacD

Banned via Administration
there's this peach from spain who uses 'macd peach' as a cutting insult.
takes me back to the good ol days

it's amazing thinking back to when you started smash and comparing it with the outcome. who would have thought that you would become this famous/be friends with the pro/actually be a pro/have tons of haters for your style/ etc

oh smash community........................

knightpraetor

Smash Champion
after further testing it does appear that there are indeed lag frames as you drop an unused float in which you can't start the bair, so you have to wait a frame or two (didn't count how long) before starting the bair.. Didn't realize float drop had lag before

Cia

das kwl
I really wish more tournaments would embrace the original counterpick stages.

Even in situations where I knew I should ban stages like Rainbow Cruise or DK64, I didn't because I was so excited to play there competitively.

And before entering sets with me, ppl would ask "do you want to play with neutrals only?"

ROFL, NO.

A lot of ppl said that FC was the best tournament they've ever been to. The hotel wasn't nicer than any we've been to and the venue itself was just ur average spacious room. What I think ppl like so much was the change from this boring *** ruleset that everyone is using. It was nice to see so many counterpick options available. Hopefully more ppl will use FC rules.

Get Low

Smash Ace
So can someone explain to me why FD is so good for Peach against Fox?
Do people just think it's good because of the chaingrabs, or is there something else I'm missing?
Because usually when I play a Fox on FD I just get laser camped to oblivion.

Cia

das kwl
A fox that has decided to laser camp you is going to do it regardless of what stage you take them to. The thing with FD is there is no top platform to make it as easy. Why do you think so many of them want FD off the neutrals list :laugh:

The chain grab is nice i guess. But it isn't really needed. Most of peach's combos on fox with start with an Up Air juggle. and they don't have their precious platforms to tech off of. The lack of platforms also help us because we can dive on our opponents from the air without having to stop on the way.

FD too good.

Top Bottom