• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Upstate New York Tournament Thread

JesiahTEG

Smash Master
Bob- Our avatars rapee haha.

Yo so I'm going to be holding tournies/smashfests hopefully every other week this summer. Possible venues are that waterfall room in SAU downstairs, cyberstorm or the apartment. it would force us to clean the crap out of the apartment and get rid of the substances which is good for us, especially cuz we want a comfortable environment for everyone.

people are getting more motivated though and i want opportunities for us all to improve. whoever sees this post to lemme know if you'd be interested in all day smashfests/tournies. ill make a list and see what we're working with. i mean, i'm doing it anyways even if theres only one other person interested, but id still like to know :)

huMps

Smash Ace
Yo so I'm going to be holding tournies/smashfests hopefully every other week this summer. Possible venues are that waterfall room in SAU downstairs, cyberstorm or the apartment. it would force us to clean the crap out of the apartment and get rid of the substances which is good for us, especially cuz we want a comfortable environment for everyone.

people are getting more motivated though and i want opportunities for us all to improve. whoever sees this post to lemme know if you'd be interested in all day smashfests/tournies. ill make a list and see what we're working with. i mean, i'm doing it anyways even if theres only one other person interested, but id still like to know :)
Sounds awesome. Why didn't you mention this when I was sitting right next to you at like 330 lol?
BTW you were playing stupid good yesterday, mabey you should always be sick.

darkoblivion12

Smash Lord
Jesse, I may not be there, but I'd still recommend using the SAU for your smashfests. I think people will still be running it over the summer, just not until 2 AM everyday. Also, it's still free, as opposed to cyberstorm.

Itsnotmyfault

Smash Journeyman
Then it looks like I'm driving myself, which is fine. If there's anyone in the Orange County area that wants to carpool, let me know. Any way to save on gas money would be great.

MetalPat

Smash Ace
alright well if my gas is right, and we get san as the fifth person (or someone else in the area.) i think we can get to NJ and back on 3 tanks give or take a little. so my tank filled up from empty to full usually is like 50 bucks, split 5 ways would be 10 bucks each. three fills would be 30 bucks each.

does that sound cool for everyone? $30 for gas? you can wait to do it tilll we get back to make sure we need all of it or such.

also, syacuse guys, and san, if you wanna come over late friday night (like around 9 ish?) i should be home by then if you wanna stay the night and we can all just leave early on saturday.

p.s.
calm if neither of us find a teammate by saturday you just wanna team together?

Sharky

Smash Master
I'm currently working until 10:30pm friday night, but I'll try to find a sub. Eevee, please don't leave without meeeeee! I'll let you know if I find a sub closer. Would it be at all possible to pick me up at the Y?

also:

Quoting for lawlsies.

Gonna update brawl and melee tomorrow. Last update im doing before japan. Need people to help me with them.

:phone:

where you at?

MetalPat

Smash Ace
I'd haggle Cura as well, but I have a feeling if he could have done it by now, he probably would have. all I care about right now is that him, eevee, sharky and san are able to figure out if they are cool with coming friday or saturday, and with the whole gas thing.

p.s. would anyone be willing to drive on off if i feel tired at any point? just trying to be proactive should it happen :)

san.

1/Sympathy = Divide By Zero
NNID
Sansoldier
3DS FC
4957-2846-2924
Yeah if any rides are available, just count me in. Hopefully I get lots of sleep Thursday and Friday cause I really haven't slept much the last week.

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
it looks like half the people on the PR arent even active. so im anxious to see what the new PR would look like without those people

Gaia_x

Smash Champion
Brawl PR Updated.
--It was reduced to 5 due to inactivity.
-- Obviously 5th place was tough to decide. Between Doom,Vibe,Sharky, and tommy with small consideration for Calm and metal (not a lot though).
--Was going to go with vibe, he stated he quiting and he is inconsistant with loses to sharky and almost losing to dudu.
--Sharky lost to dudu.
--Doom placed 5th in best 2 (okay placing) and did get 2nd in best 3. But didnt really attend anything bigger than that in our region worth mentioning. And i am unaware of his living status rather or not hes staying in bing or going back home.

-- James G, Goggles, Moss have quit i guess.

Melee is up now. Dont really need to explain placings its clear. A lot of people removed cause they dont play anymore. Frannie made the melee one as well. enjoy.

MetalPat

Smash Ace
Brawl PR Updated.
--It was reduced to 5 due to inactivity.
-- Obviously 5th place was tough to decide. Between Doom,Vibe,Sharky, and tommy with small consideration for Calm and metal (not a lot though).
--Was going to go with vibe, he stated he quiting and he is inconsistant with loses to sharky and almost losing to dudu.
--Sharky lost to dudu.
--Doom placed 5th in best 2 (okay placing) and did get 2nd in best 3. But didnt really attend anything bigger than that in our region worth mentioning. And i am unaware of his living status rather or not hes staying in bing or going back home.

-- James G, Goggles, Moss have quit i guess.

Melee is up now. Dont really need to explain placings its clear. A lot of people removed cause they dont play anymore. Frannie made the melee one as well. enjoy.
johns if you wanna call it but 5th really shoulda been between tommy and doom. in both of the 3 tournaments i could make for this PR i placed higher/beat better more well placed people than sharky did, while in the end he gets the consideration for 5th place. I can see where him placing well in 3rd best would pull a place here, but when there were two people there from the PR, maybe three?, I don't see how it is really considered a good tournament to base skill off of.

Im not arguing tommy shouldn't be fifth, i'm arguing that either make it a 10 man PR and put sharky, vibe, doom, me, calm in there, since we have consistently been up there.
or
take sharky off the honorable mention (nothing against you personally) and put in doom as he has placed higher in the "best" tournaments and was a more consistent player.

Gaia_x

Smash Champion
Doom isn't part of our region. Sharky last tournament beat doom vibe eevee and calm.

:phone:

Top Bottom