• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Upstate New York Tournament Thread

TheManaLord

Smash Hero
This is the thread of everything happening in the state of New York OUTSIDE of NYC/LI.

Check the links below for the most popular facebook pages in Upstate NY, those along with this thread are the best way to stay up to date about locals and regionals near you. If you are TO and want to post your event to this page, please do and I will add it to this post :)

Central NY
Syracuse, NY - Syracuse Smash

Last edited:

san.

1/Sympathy = Divide By Zero
NNID
Sansoldier
3DS FC
4957-2846-2924
I'm surprised goodies still plays brawl, since I always hear him hating on it whenever I see him.

CJTHeroofTime

Smash Lord
I'm assuming that I need to go to more to have a chance of being on the actual list, right? Oh well, Im goin to Oneida and Stylin on ya, so we'll see how it goes.

Sharky

Smash Master
lol nyc people never go to the same tourneys as we do so that'd never work out. Get your ***** up here and we'll talk.

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
I'm assuming that I need to go to more to have a chance of being on the actual list, right? Oh well, Im goin to Oneida and Stylin on ya, so we'll see how it goes.
If you are still as good now as you were when I last saw you. you have a very good shot at being on this list. in the next iteration.
if this is NY state, shouldnt it still include NYC
shut up.

oh, and come to my tourney chibo. bring vex, cam, lawz, and smurf with you.

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=254900

Goodies

Smash Apprentice
@Goggles

I use Diddy Kong, D3, ROB and Peach more in tourney than MK, yet I'm labeled as a MK main. LOL!!!! To keep things simple, you should only list me as Diddy Kong/D3. You should only list yourself as Sonic, since those other characters you've listed are half *** alts used to deal with matchups your main can't handle. Your Sonic >>> any of your alts. I would list yourself just as a Sonic main.

This panel is pretty cute btw. I'm honored to somehow be on this list, although I'm not really considered active. However, I did join a few tourneys and it's an accurate representation of the players in the region if all were to attend.

@San

I politely do not enter Brawl tourneys if I'm not in the mood for it. I usually say things like, "I'm not in the mood for campy matches," or "I just want to see San ****!" After watching you play, I'm convinced that Brawl can be very enjoyable to play on occassion. I only joined the Syracuse tourney cuz Neil asked me to keep him company and I thought it would have been cool to hang out with him and smashers that weekend since I haven't seen a few in years or months. I'll play some friendlies with you once you come down and hopefully I can learn some Ike tricks from you.

@PikaPika

Have Anther teach you how to beat Ike so you can reclaim your top position over these scrubs :).

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
I use Diddy Kong, D3, ROB and Peach more in tourney than MK, yet I'm labeled as a MK main. LOL!!!! To keep things simple, you should only list me as Diddy Kong/D3.
done and done. i wasnt sure seeing as i wasnt at that tourney you played in.
You should only list yourself as Sonic, since those other characters you've listed are half *** alts used to deal with matchups your main can't handle. Your Sonic >>> any of your alts. I would list yourself just as a Sonic main.
normally i would, but lets look at the matchups my sonic cant handle. and who i use in that situation.
MK: lucario/ddd/fox
snake: MK/fox
falco: lucario
wario: ddd

OH LOOK!

all top tier, and all frequent tournament characters. so im kinda forced to use all those secondaries.

Allied

Smash Master
wow i would love to come to your tournaments so baddd

but i live 4 hours away from you -_- ONE DAY i will come :D

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
Factor in new tournies over the next half year or so, and make a Melee Power Rankings list.
Ill think about it.

also, im thinking i need more/better panelists, since myself and cura were the only enthused ones about the project.

my other panelists, goodies and jesiah, were quite laxidasical about the entire process.

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
Im working on it slik.
at the very least, youll see him if you go to veridian city in the end fo feb. I dont know if we are going to travel before that.

Sharky

Smash Master
In a sec I'm going to edit this post with a list of people I know of to put on the map. I need people who aren't/know people who should be on it to post and let me know.

edit1: goggles what's your aim mine's thishereisashark lol

edit2:

syracuse area: bry, sharky, cura, acton, eevee, chuck, erk

ithaca: san

rochester area: jesiah, goodies, goggles, xxx, General, others.

albany area: CJT, Snakeee, Altarian.

Oswego: TheManaLord

Buffalo: BluePeachy, asylum, others.

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
1. its on my profile
2. you should be able to guess it. KIDGoggles.
3. im getting off to eat, clean and die after this post.
4. san is in ithica, mana and samasan are in oswego, BP100, mario moonshine, cross, and cbc are in buffalo, bcb is in utica. hopefully you remember where alterian/snakeee/CJT are cus i forgot.
5. there are also a lot of people scattered about around the state that i will be finding to post here. make sure you keep it updated please.

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
thats... thats fkng terrible. pokemon references can blow me.... Im considering not going to Alex Strifes tournament because its a fkng pokemon reference.

but whatever, its just gonna get me more hyped to wail on you at my tournament.

ill change it when you get the results thread up for P's tourney.

Kantō

Smash Champion
hahaha well its cuz i play the electric rat i got the idea, why you hatein on childhood memories? lol.

Sharky

Smash Master
Foy if you're in the area surrounding rochester I'm gonna list you as 'rochester area'. unless you meant an actual inch down on the map, which I guess would be a good ways out of roc.

Top Bottom