• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Upstate New York Tournament Thread

Sharky

Smash Master
Metalpat sharky and vibe u could all go to ktar considering metalpat might be free, sharky no one eles will go to cot5 so go to ktar instead and vibe you were already going

:phone:
To be honest I am considering going to KTAR instead, but I'm worried about cost. I already paid for COT V, and the venue is non-refundable. The Megabus reservation is also non-refundable. So I guess what I'm asking is, how much do you think gas will cost me?

MetalPat

Smash Ace
alright so heres what im doing. I live in binghamton and i dont mind driving at all, to any venues, and picking people up on the way. so if anyone wants to ride with me either get a ride to my place and ill drive the rest of the way if you split gas with me, or i can just pick you up on the way.

secondly, when and where are the tournaments? id check now but im headin out to class. if they are out of state and we dont have a place to stay i dont wanna be paying for a hotel or anything if its a two day event.

EDIT: KTAR i would like to do if im not working and we leave after brawl, since itd be quite a drive back.

Sharky

Smash Master
oh yeah I think you're right lol. I wasn't even counting those =P

so both metalpat and doommachine are offering to drive to this thing. I think the question of who's driving needs to be settled first =P followed by how much gas is gonna be/who else is going. =/

MetalPat

Smash Ace
oh yeah I think you're right lol. I wasn't even counting those =P

so both metalpat and doommachine are offering to drive to this thing. I think the question of who's driving needs to be settled first =P followed by how much gas is gonna be/who else is going. =/
alright well if doom wants to drive he can, ill split gas with him, or split it three ways if someone else comes.

Sharky

Smash Master
I really didn't care if you were going or not. If I went, all I would be expecting really is just to socialize, and I don't really care how I place at all, if I don't go, I save money.

Really, I don't spend much time on brawl anymore.
DON'T YOU QUIT ON MEEEEE :mad:
alright well if doom wants to drive he can, ill split gas with him, or split it three ways if someone else comes.
IN FACT COME TO THIS WITH ME, YEAH IT'LL BE AWESOME. and stuff.

MetalPat

Smash Ace
IN FACT COME TO THIS WITH ME, YEAH IT'LL BE AWESOME. and stuff.
yeah sure man, if youre driving id gladly go and pay gas. ill talk to TGS as well and see what his deal is. where are you driving from? all that matters is that im back the same night, cuz i gotta catch a plane on the 22nd... soooo yeah, tight schedule.

Sharky

Smash Master
me no I don't have a car lol. I'm willing to do some of the driving if need be, however, provided someone else provide the car =P

I'm in cuse, btw. Idk how I'd get down to you guys =/

doommachine15

Smash Ace
Metalpat, vibe is in troy and sharky is in cuse..sharky/vibe you need to understand how far out of the way you are from binghamton and that it will be some more gas to either of us we're not trying to **** u guys with gas, but its 3.99+gallon now and troy has a couple small tolls. So is there anyway at all sharky/vibe can u get to binghamton anyway

Sharky

Smash Master
well yeah the gas prices were the reason why I was asking. I'll look around and see if there's any cheap way to get down there.

MetalPat

Smash Ace
alright so as long as i get work off i would love to go, i talked to TGS and i think he is in too. so im pretty sure one of us would be driving. Doom, since youre in binghamton you're free to hitch a ride with us as well, leaving two spots open for anyone else who wants to go. I know Cura was thinkin about it so if sharky and cura can find a way down here then i can give you guys a ride there no problem :)

p.s. ganon is the best...
amidoinitrite?

Itsnotmyfault

Smash Journeyman
If Monroe, New York is in any way on your way, I'd tentatively go. I remembered my birthday is in a week, so I probably would have enough scratch to put towards this tournament.

MetalPat

Smash Ace
alright calm well i checked it out, and it adds about 45 mins but i wouldnt personally mind doing it too much. my biggest concern is the gas for everything. so i guess if its just me tgs and doom then we can stop on our way there, but if for some reasons we get sharky and or cura or vibe then we might not be stopping by

EDIT: if vibe ends up driving at all, it would be more beneficial for both ofyou to do it together, since its straight south from him and on his way...

Itsnotmyfault

Smash Journeyman
Yeah, Vibe's a high school twerp with no car. Originally I was going to drive him, but since I won't be in Troy that's not possible. Obviously I would help pay for gas. I just didn't want to have to drive by myself if possible. But yeah, let me know if it's not doable whenever the plans get solid.

MetalPat

Smash Ace
aight so doom. cura and eevee are probably game for this, along with TGS. so unless we can get a van, it looks like we filled up?

so idk what else there is to say.

Sharky

Smash Master
well yeah the gas prices were the reason why I was asking. I'll look around and see if there's any cheap way to get down there.
idk man, i mean unless we are getting a van i wont think we will have room for more than 5 people. or unless someone bails. i didn't think you could get a ride down here so yeah.
>_______________________________<

edit: whatever don't worry about it. I'll just keep my CoT reservations and be content with that.

a nub

Smash Ace
So this weekend two of my friends from the Philly region are coming up. They taught me and Sam how to play, and as far as I know, they're pretty good. In any case, Jeremy and I were thinking that we should have a smash fest since it's as good a time as any.

It would be on Saturday, presumably in the RIT SAU. We'll work out the times and other details later, but it'd be awesome to see everyone there.
come on ppl

Sharky

Smash Master
Calm would be able to bring him wherever if calm can go

Also. Don't get pissy if I do show up to Ktar. A lot of things have changed recently so I won't be up in Troy right before the tournament. I'm back home which is 2 hours closer, so I wouldn't be able to drive you anyway.
If Monroe, New York is in any way on your way, I'd tentatively go. I remembered my birthday is in a week, so I probably would have enough scratch to put towards this tournament.
Yeah, Vibe's a high school twerp with no car. Originally I was going to drive him, but since I won't be in Troy that's not possible. Obviously I would help pay for gas. I just didn't want to have to drive by myself if possible. But yeah, let me know if it's not doable whenever the plans get solid.
He's not even in Troy ATM.
had to do it =P

MetalPat

Smash Ace
ok before everyone gets too excited, i found out i have work next saturday so currently i cant drive. im frantically trying to get someone to cover for me, and hopefully will be able to get that done soon so i can garuntee a ride...

doommachine15

Smash Ace
ok before everyone gets too excited, i found out i have work next saturday so currently i cant drive. im frantically trying to get someone to cover for me, and hopefully will be able to get that done soon so i can garuntee a ride...
Ok well does cura drive as a backup? Or tgs. And I'm guess metpat/tgs and cura/eevee I need t find a teammate?

MetalPat

Smash Ace
tommy isnt coming anymore, and i asked cura to team with me, but yeah i think hes with eevee. so if you want to team with me im game i guess. :)

Top Bottom