• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Upstate New York Tournament Thread

TheManaLord

Smash Hero
**** four lokos and im sorry that happened man =(

4 lokos is definitely a bad decision though. it put me under a blackout spree that i have yet to shake. now whenever i drink i just black out... i did drink 2 of them in an hour and a half though... that's the alcohol content of 8 beers

hubble

Smash Ace
for sure man, atleast im going to school full time and i have great friends like you guys

xD

btw mana, you need to come to rochester so we can chill

TheManaLord

Smash Hero
I know man, I might have to hold off for a bit because when I come out there I want to stay for like 5 days or something. It's really tough traveling and I thought maybe one of my breaks or some ****. Hopefully I can make it this weekend it's been too long

definitely gonna hotbox my car and listen to chill tunes... i've got wax & eom on my ipod

RTF

Smash Lord
No Longer Bumping With Content, Smörgåsbords
i need to confess something:

Four locos and weed caused me to call up a co worker and leave her a voicemail saying that if she was gonna tell people i wanna **** her, then she can start by sucking my ****.

She went to hr the next day voicemail in hand, and i quit to avoid a lawsuit. Now i'm pursuing what i wanna do in life. Thank you four locos and **** you dunkin donuts!
10 char bump

TunaCasserole

Smash Journeyman
Sup all,

Turns out my bud on campus brought a car with him this year, so hopefully we'll be driving out to some of these tournaments :D Where're they usually hosted, by the way?

PieDisliker

Smash Lord
NNID
PieDisliker
Current tourney's gonna be in Rochester (RIT).

Most tourneys will either be Rochester or Syracuse. Although there's a possibility there'll be one in Buffalo, the only ones confirmed are Rochester and Syracuse.

TunaCasserole

Smash Journeyman
Prolly a better chance of us getting to Syracuse (from Skidmore). RIT's a little while out there, but if he's willing to make that drive I'm willing to go :p

Sharky

Smash Master
^

we have a tourney this weekend tuna at RIT if your friend can drive, dunno when our next one is yet. and LMAO hubble XD

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
TUUUUUNNNAAAAAA

Im super hyped to meet that kid.

also, any time you need to find out where the scheduled in region tourneys are, just take a look at the first post in this thread. I consistently keep it updated as to in region events links to other tourneys and other things of the like.

The next upcoming tourney is this weekend and the link is there.

Tuna you should totally make the trip as its the opening event of the school year, and everybody is going to be there.

also, wtf burak? i thought you worked for your dad? how can you get fired from a family business.

TunaCasserole

Smash Journeyman
Whether or not I'm there this weekend depends completely on my friend ahah. I'll let him know something's going down this weekend and see if he's interested

JPeGImage

Smash Ace
Prawn if you show up:

1) Smash all day err day
2) party all day err day

Is that enough to convince you to show up?
haha

Foy: Bringing smashers together since 98'

I love it!

hey buds! hows it going? whats new?
hows the new apt??

TunaCasserole

Smash Journeyman
Aright so my buddy says he'll see about this weekend, since he's not sure yet if he's gonna go home this weekend or not. If he doesn't go, I might see about taking a train over, but that ****'s real expensive so I'm not sure if I'll actually follow through with that :p Like $100 round-trip x_x. Tournament's on Saturday btw, right?

Sheth

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Shethblade
3DS FC
4639-8959-1952
Well, I'm not really sure which to hold first. It seems we got more brawl, so I might run melee singles first. But that said, I can't wait up forever like RFTA1. RFTA2 was pretty cool though, so I'm not expecting issues. But I'mma get ahold of phone #s from car-owners so I can hound yer ***** over here if yer not early. Cuz really, I'd like everyone to be around for a bit before running the brackets- pre-tourney friendlies are pretty important. Warmups too.

I'll take care of that. Preliminary ruling is probably melee singles, melee doubles simultaneously with brawl singles (melee doubles doesn't need that many setups to cruise along,) and then brawl doubles.

So, regarding timing:
-Seriously do everything you can to get here by 1 or 1:30, we start the brackets at 2-2:15.

dudutsai

Smash Lord
It just means you get DQ'd if you don't play your match in 10 minutes. You also get punished for playing your matches late, BUT THAT WON'T HAPPEN NOT IN UPSTATE NY

TunaCasserole

Smash Journeyman
Aright so unfortunately my friend's gotta drive home this weekend, so I'd have to take a train over there which I'm not sure imma do since its expensive. In case I do though, would anyone be willing/able to house me for the weekend? (If I get in Friday evening let's say)

BluePeachy100

Smash Champion
Aright so unfortunately my friend's gotta drive home this weekend, so I'd have to take a train over there which I'm not sure imma do since its expensive. In case I do though, would anyone be willing/able to house me for the weekend? (If I get in Friday evening let's say)
I'd think you'd wanna looking into staying at Jesse's place?

Top Bottom