• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Upstate New York Tournament Thread

Sharky

Smash Master
just to add my input, I've been there one such time where there wasn't anything going on. Make that two if you include stopping by for about 5 minutes.

TommyGreenShirt

Smash Journeyman
2 things

1) You are assuming the apartment is just full of alcoholics and druggies.

2) Whats to say that all smashers are straightedge kids/15 year olds/whoever else. At the apartment which is basically a family based off smash, we chill, we let whoever chill. You want to play videogames? cool. you want to party? cool. you want to just chill with us and play smash? Come on over.

The apartment is the haven for so many people, and its a smash blessing for upstate. etc.
1) Nay, I assumed no such thing.

2) The topic involved getting more smashers, I added my input. It's your apartment to rightfully do with what you wish.

TommyGreenShirt

Smash Journeyman
tommy cura told me I could possibly get a ride from you to the tourney, you still have room for me right?
Yeah, but then I'm full. One of my friends is driving his Impala with 4 people and I'm borrowing my mom's van that seats 7. So 11 total, and we are officially full.

Fun fact, the van doesn't have AC haha. But the windows work fine.

Sheth

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Shethblade
3DS FC
4639-8959-1952
You'll understand more and more when you get used to tournaments around here we trash each other for doing stupid stuff all the time. We trash pikapika so hard for skull bashing every time when he means to thunders. Jesse and neil cuss each other out every teams match (while they are teaming) its just tough love , get used to it.
Pikapika, having a ****fit in the middle of a match?
NAHW, NEVER HAPPENS

Anywho, everyone <3 you guys at the apartment.

So there I was, playing delfino plaza, and people were bouncing off a death boundary like it was a wall. Wat

Sharky

Smash Master
if you're talking about the transformation with the walk-off on one side and a sort of pit on the other, there's a wall off-camera

darkoblivion12

Smash Lord
1) You are assuming the apartment is just full of alcoholics and druggies.
If he is, then he is probably assuming correctly (no offense (although it's hard to take that without offense)). I'll make a more educated call later as i plan to play more smash this year. However, all the times i've been there, it was very hard to find people who were sober playing melee.

TheManaLord

Smash Hero
Foy I'll smoke you up forever if you can beat me in a set bring it on =)

Can't wait to get to the apartment... all this talking about drinking and smoking makes me want to drink and smoke

speaking of which

another HUGE ****ing party at my house this friday aka tomorrow night. it's only a 50 min drive from roch and 40 from cuse if anyones down

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
On the idea of the stuff that goes down at the apt.

I go and I just play video games, and I dont parttake in any of that, but thats me.

Im not going to name names, cus thats disrespectful, but I def. know people that have explicitly told me that they refuse to go over to the apartment because of it.

And it doesnt help that as the one person who doesnt drink/smoke/cuss/have sex, Im constantly jeered about it.

TheManaLord

Smash Hero
Sex is going on at the apartment? With that sophie chick? She was fine. gonna have to get over there now

edit: nvm I just realized it's probably steffons *** getting ripped apart constantly

TheManaLord

Smash Hero
Probably not!

next syracuse tournament is my most likely time of attendance, and cuse fests.

but don't worry, i don't lose my edge. I still plan on beating on you guys ;)

Foy

Smash Champion
On the idea of the stuff that goes down at the apt.

I go and I just play video games, and I dont parttake in any of that, but thats me.

Im not going to name names, cus thats disrespectful, but I def. know people that have explicitly told me that they refuse to go over to the apartment because of it.

And it doesnt help that as the one person who doesnt drink/smoke/cuss/have sex, Im constantly jeered about it.
wait who doesn't come over....thats important >_>

Shiri

Smash Chump
:yoshi: I don't know what the rest of you jokers are talking about, but...

...Sam and I are TOTAL gentlemen.

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
:yoshi: I don't know what the rest of you jokers are talking about, but...

...Sam and I are TOTAL gentlemen.

this is 100% true.

and foy, if people want to come out and tell you why they dont come to the apt. they cant but im not going to just drop names like that.

Tryna get on that gentleman status.

hubble

Smash Ace
sup dudes

im feeling positive about all of us lately. lets just give it an honest effort to work together and put our hearts and minds into these games that we love. if that happens we'll be fine.

peacee

JesiahTEG

Smash Master
Ok...There's a lot I can say but there's no need because of one thing everyone has overlooked.

You guys came to the apartment one time (or twice) when we were partying/smashing. Not only that, but no one ever asked us to stop.

If we're holding a tournament at my apartment and people don't want drinking or smoking...How about instead of posting here talking about it you just let us know and we don't do it?

We are human guys. What do you think we're going to do, be like, "Oh, I'm not holding a tournament at my place if I can't drink or smoke."

LOL wtf ?

With the exception of me and Sam, who started the apartment, we all met through Smash. Foy, Yannick, Steffon I met through Smash. Paco, I met through Smash.

Answer something for me guys. How many of your friends that you met through Smash are you living with?

That's not meant to be a diss either. Here's the point: Our apartment was brought together by Smash. It's a ****ing insult to say we can't have a tournament at our apartment because we drink or smoke, when if you ask ANYBODY that lives with me, 95% of my day consists of watching Smash videos and playing the game, with people or alone, but because I drink on weekends and smoke when my friends come over, now it's some kind of unsafe place for Smashers.

Wanna know what hurts me even more? The fact that not once did anyone ask me if we could hold a tournament with no drinking and smoking.

ACTUALLY NVM. I TAKE THAT BACK.

Cura bro, YOU, via text message with me, told me that if we were to hold a tournament at my place, because of the younger crowd there can't be anything illegal happening, including drinking and smoking, and I said yeah of course, that's cool. I'm fine with that.

So, yeah, we do drink and smoke. We're all 19-22 years old, and we grew all grew up partying with people where doing that stuff is just a way of bonding. Believe it or not, it's actually pretty normal for people our age.

Don't ever let that think we can't have Smashfests and tournaments due to that though. You have to let me know ahead of time though, and if it's a Wednesday night and I have my high school friends over and I'm taking a break from Smash, I'll probably say tonight's not a good night because we're gonna be drinking or something.

If it's for a tournament though, that's a little different.

Spamus43

Smash Journeyman
Yo, my mom told me drugs are bad. So if any of you guys try and offer me any, I'm gonna "JUST SAY NO!"

Anyway, I was thinking of coming up either tomorrow or Saturday, if that's cool. Maybe smoke some too... I've kinda been going back and forth as to whether I wanna try it :laugh:

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
I cant speak for anybody but myself, but I have had a few conversations about this with Foy, and the reason it never got to you is probably because the discussion about it never gets past him.

Foy: 'We should totally hold a tournament here!'

Me: 'I dont think that would be a good idea, there are a lot of people that wouldnt be able to come to an event here since to them + family it would be some kids house, instead of a reputable place. Plus theres the fact that alot of illegal stuff goes down here.'

Foy: 'So? Whats the big deal? We have fun! Everybody can do that!

Me: 'Thats just the thing, not really everyone can come over here...'

... and than the conversation ends. Im vaguely sure Ive had some variant of that conversation at least 3 times with him.

So in the spirit of full disclosure, stuff has been discussed, you were just never around I guess...

also, seriously? Nobodys gonna comment on the mana tryna bang sophie comment?

Sheth

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Shethblade
3DS FC
4639-8959-1952
You assume I mean to thunder and not doing the skullbashes on purpose
That skull bash is pretty top tier. People think you're going and then you charge, and they think you're going, and then you're charging, and then, they hesitated with a shield up and draining, and bam.

I swear I saw this five times between oct and december last year.

MCmaniacDBR

Smash Apprentice

Considering I've said this both in person and in this thread some several pages back I'm not afraid to admit I am one of (if not one of then the only) person to say this to Goggles.

Top Bottom