• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Upstate New York Tournament Thread

Tomato

Smash Journeyman
I'm a Fire Emblem guy, those games are probably amongst my favorites when it comes to RPGs. Tales of Symphonia was really good too. Have yet to finish Tales of the Abyss, but I haven't played it in over a year, so I don't know if I'm going to. Same for Baten Kaitos - Can't seem to find the time or energy to finish it. And of course, Pokemon & Dragon Warrior Monsters are classic RPGs, as well as Paper Mario.

Oh yeah, and that game Super Smash Brothers is pretty good too I guess.

VibeSlyph

Smash Ace
With Disgaea's srs bsns dungeon system. it's pretty fun to grind.
It satisfying when you get to the end of a 1000 floor dungeon, and steal the weapon from the main boss.
:D
I have no life .-.

Tomato

Smash Journeyman
8's easy and kind of sucks in comparison to the other American ones. Lacks the depth of the other 3 American released games. 6 is cool but so many characters are awful if you're used to stacked characters from all the other games. 4 & 5 are regarded as the best two by most people, I hope they get remade with better interfaces & graphics though.

I want a cavalier to make the next Smash roster lol. That'd be pretty ridiculous.

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
Me and Cura spoke a bit ago, and we decided that the brawl PR will be updated after apex, and all of everyones tourney performances between the last RIT tourney and then will be taken into account. So make sure you dont slack off at any event if you want your placing because aside from the top 6 being essentially locked in place, the last 4 spots are up for grabs between a good number of people.

So Step Ya Game Up! and NO Johns.

Since im not on the melee panel, nor do I think there is a panel to speak of at this time, I cant really give any updates as to when that PR will be updated.

Minic

Smash Apprentice
Fire emblem theme? Loved those games.

Hector from FE7 was such a beast. I wish a new one would come out.

Snakeee

Smash Master
I think talk like this is alright as long as people don't really take things too personal. I hope to see a lot of improvement from XXX, 1337-0, JamesG, and Moss, to the point where they start to rival Dr. G. I believe that Dr. G would do better once he gets a Wii. Dr. G had to play people like atomsk in early rounds, but I think he's still doing well, if you look at his double placements. I feel the nyc practice will help him.

No clue what's going on with snakeee though. His offstage recovery is pretty polished for ZSS, I think he's starting to fall for tricks more easily from what I notice, though. I don't know much other than that, though.

I also think the gap between me and Cura and Goggles/pika aren't as great as them compared to the others below, based on % winning a set, but it's still slightly noticeable. I could see those two stepping up even more again, after polishing up their play on a few of their characters.
Jason's playing pretty well, but I feel like he's really unbalanced. Like he's insanely solid in most aspects, but he falls for some silly things sometimes. Once he works that out, he should be pretty insane.

I've been practicing a lot lately with my brother, and I think you should see me get some placings in the money very soon. I picked up Marth, and he suits me perfectly. I guess I'd say I'm dual-maining him and ZSS now. I'm also in much higher spirits now...earlier I was a very anxious and frustrated person. I've finally gotten past that though.

VibeSlyph

Smash Ace
Jason's playing pretty well, but I feel like he's really unbalanced. Like he's insanely solid in most aspects, but he falls for some silly things sometimes. Once he works that out, he should be pretty insane.

I've been practicing a lot lately with my brother, and I think you should see me get some placings in the money very soon. I picked up Marth, and he suits me perfectly. I guess I'd say I'm dual-maining him and ZSS now. I'm also in much higher spirits now...earlier I was a very anxious and frustrated person. I've finally gotten past that though.
Gtfo my main. Just sayin'.
Don't mind though, everyone and their Grandma mains or seconds Marth these days.

TheGeneral

Smash Journeyman
Yay, I'm not as alone. FE7 was my favorite - The one with Eliwood, Lyn, & Hector. Path of Radiance was pretty good too. The Japanese ones are a lot harder though. :urg:
If you really enjoy the Fire Emblem series and or like a challenge, you owe it to yourself to finish Fire Emblem 5. This is the last fire emblem to appear on the Super Nintendo and is considered the hardest fire emblem game ever made. If you'd like to know why, I suggest you play it.

I believe there is an almost complete english patch for the rom now. No, I don't speak japanese and I didn't by a real version, so don't ask me how I got it.

I feel like playing that game right now, but I need to play some ToS and melee today.

PieDisliker

Smash Lord
NNID
PieDisliker
XXX, $1 MM at SS3? If you won't except $1 I'll do $2 or higher. I'm that Wario kid that got top eight at SS1.

I still think Sesame Street is the best PR idea, since it seems to be the one to stand out from all the other PR's the most. And I think it'd be freakin entertaining.

PieDisliker

Smash Lord
NNID
PieDisliker
I wouldn't be surprised either. He's the ****ing best Wario in the world. But who doesn't want to play the ****ing best Wario in the world?

It'll be some interesting matches tho, thing I got against me most is my lack of tourney exp.

JamesG

Smash Journeyman
So I may consider trying this wifi for the first time. I don't really have anyone to play with so if anyone wants to give it a shot then hit me up.

Top Bottom