• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3: Fate of Two Worlds

Smooth Criminal

Da Cheef
NNID
boundless_light
Deadpool?

Gives your team a solid zoning game. He can also initiate the DHC glitch, giving Wesker AND Shuma access to high damage combos.

Edit: Twists, you forgot one of these: :troll: It's sad that what you said is prolly the best advice you can give for his team comp, tho.

Smooth Criminal

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
NNID
UltiMario
3DS FC
1719-3180-2455
Shuma is super *** without his OTG assists lol.

I'll try Deadpool

Darky-Sama

Smash Lord
NNID
Darky-Sama
I'm really liking Skrull now. Since I'd only seen/played about three decent ones, I didn't realize all of this crazy **** he could do. rofl

MysteryRevengerson

IT'S A MYSTERY TO ALL
I just noticed that Daigo picked high tiers like he always does **** everything

Thoughts:

How often does Fanatiq drop his loops? I don't want to say it's because of him playing on pad, but I've seen it in the past.

Damn, Daigo's Akuma was really good. Despite him using BFFs + Dante, it's obvious he's put time into practicing in this game.

Fanatiq is still too good. I have to wonder how he'll do in Ultimate though when they remove the DHC glitch. (Ice storm DHC is still mad good though)

Fanatiq is still my favorite MvC3 player, he's a cool guy. Dead at the salty runback at the end.

That was definitely fun to watch. I hope Daigo sticks around and plays Ultimate when it comes out (I'm pretty sure in an interview he said he mostly plays Marvel for fun, and probably will try out Ultimate when it comes out)

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
NNID
UltiMario
3DS FC
1719-3180-2455
So I decided to use Dante as my on point.

Dante/Shuma/Wesker... still need to practice combos though.

ss118

Smash Master
I love the new red costume on Wesker. I admit that it seems a little too flashy for me, but I love my red and I'll miss my Blue. ='(

Anyone know of anything X-23 related to ultimate? Can't find the list of balance changes for ultimate now though I know I've seen one(wasn't official, just from the demo).

Vlade

Social Outcast
I love the new red costume on Wesker. I admit that it seems a little too flashy for me, but I love my red and I'll miss my Blue. ='(

Anyone know of anything X-23 related to ultimate? Can't find the list of balance changes for ultimate now though I know I've seen one(wasn't official, just from the demo).
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=29565096&postcount=7093

There may be a more updated one. Seems like X-23 is only getting buffs so far, which is good.

Serris

ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)
NNID
Herple-Derples
3DS FC
5043-4507-3351
Wait, she's able to cancel Crescent Scythe into Talon Strike now? Oh my god she just became 1,000% better.

Vlade

Social Outcast
Wait, she's able to cancel Crescent Scythe into Talon Strike now? Oh my god she just became 1,000% better.
I know right, now there's a reason to play her. In Vanilla she is just totally outclassed by wolverine - the only thing she has going for her is the fact that she can start the DHC trick.

Jigglymaster

Smash Hero
NNID
Dapuffster
Super like good stuff def stealing that fly across the border combo LOL
Just a heads up for that combo, after the 3rd launcher you need to jump straight up instead of holding forward and jumping. If you jump forward Chris will get too close to the corner and his Magnum shot can't hit. Also the Magnum to Boulder Punch H ending of that combo only works on Sent. For everyone else you need to do Air Magnum to standing Magnum (like I did on Thor)

❀W.E.M.P.❀

Mote Of Dust
Are there any videos of how magneto plays now? I would be pisssssssssed if my favorite marvel comic character is no fun anymore.

Also, will there be DLC for ultimate in the future? marvels side needs more females, i want psylocke, so I can make an uncanny xforce team.

speaking of which fantomex in UMvC3 would be pretty cool, or archangel.... hmm

ss118

Smash Master
I know right, now there's a reason to play her. In Vanilla she is just totally outclassed by wolverine - the only thing she has going for her is the fact that she can start the DHC trick.
I actually disagree with this statement only because I'm a fan of Dirt Nap in level 2 X-factor. It turns a random hit into 2 dead characters, generally.

Reason I use level 2 instead of level 3 is because you need an assist. But level 1 isn't powerful enough to actually kill characters, because it lasts too short and the speed increase is necessary to relaunch.

How many people X-factor to kill Wolverine at the moment? Just curious.

Jigglymaster

Smash Hero
NNID
Dapuffster
So it turns out that the AI for this game isn't very bright sometimes...

I was playing around in Arcade mode on Very Hard and I picked Ammy and just spammed nothing but crouching L and watched what the CPU did to it. My opponent was Iron Man and the only thing he did in response was Unibeam, and it went over Ammy's head because she was crouching and too low for the beam to hit. The thing is though, he kept doing Unibeam over and over again just as long as I was spamming crouching L. I even made it go to a draw without a single hit made in the match.

Another character this works against is Felicia, she doesn't even use a projectile, the only thing she does is spam <- H even though she's not even next to me. It's hilarious. Wolverine walks back and forth and then does a jumping S, rinse and repeat. She-Hulk has to be the biggest ****** out of them all though, all she does is try to do Chariot, but gets hit by crouching L, goes back and does Chariot to get hit yet again, over and over.

MODOK, Thor, and Tron all do their projectiles but they head straight over ammy even when she's doing standing L.

Other characters like Chris and Sent will be confused and walk back and forth and try to hit you with projectiles that leave them wide open such as Flamethrower and Neutralize. Though eventually they'll hit you with one of their other projectiles that does hit you such as Shotgun, Grenade Toss, Sent Force L, ect.

But there are also characters that hit you immediatly and have no problems with it such as Magneto always does his Magnetic Tempist, or Wekser will shoot you with his pistol.
On the weekend I'll make a video of all this.

disasterABDUL

Smash Ace

Kuraudo

4Aerith
NNID
Kuraudo
omg.

Vergil has Unlimited Blade Works. LOL

[EDIT]

If Vergil has a red and black color scheme with white hair, I will place him on my team in a heartbeat.

Pikaville

Pikaville returns 10 years later.
Vergil looks sick.

I love his lv3.

He is like Dante except with MOAR SWOARDSSS!

Iron Fist does look extremely damaging alright.

Top Bottom