• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3: Fate of Two Worlds

Thrillhouse-vh.

Smash Hero
you apparently are bad at reading. You quoted me saying MvC2 was better then somehow interpreted it as me saying mvc3 is better.
NO U

yeah genuine ****** moment.

Also the only people who make fun of people for playing an old game are people who honestly believe the new game is superior, aka, *******.
It wouldn't be as facepalm worthy if most people who use this as an insult for people who don't like Brawl, MvC 3, BB, etc., didn't have generic SNES/PSX game as "the best game of all time" or worse

Minato

穏やかじゃない
Someone care to explain why MvC2 snap backs are broken?
Double snapbacks (when you snap the assist and the point) leaves the assist helpless so you can just juggle them to death. Snapbacks also give you the chance to set up an unblockable on an incoming opponent.

Of course, these don't make snapback really broken since you can do the above things without a snapback. Snapbacks just allow you to set up these situations. So while they weren't broken, only certain characters would benefit these things more than others.

Serris

ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)
NNID
Herple-Derples
3DS FC
5043-4507-3351
Air H > H > Crouching H > Flip Kick > Somersault Kick > Air M > Air H > Air S > Air M > Air H > Partner 1 > Air S > S > Air M > Air M > Air H > Air S > Partner 2 > Fallen Prey

Corner combo running Jill on point, Phoenix (TK Shot) second, and Sentinel (Bomb) third. Sentinel's air raid assist will hit as Jill gets off from Fallen Prey. Comes to 532,800. I've managed to get a crouching M hit in at the end that brought it up to 539,200 once, so there's a possibility that I may be able to end it with Raven Spike if I time it perfectly.

Ugg

Smash Champion
Double snapbacks (when you snap the assist and the point) leaves the assist helpless so you can just juggle them to death. Snapbacks also give you the chance to set up an unblockable on an incoming opponent.

Of course, these don't make snapback really broken since you can do the above things without a snapback. Snapbacks just allow you to set up these situations. So while they weren't broken, only certain characters would benefit these things more than others.
Haha, good stuff. I bought MvC2 just for the sake of having it because I'm a general fighting game fan but I know virtually nothing about it, I'm just a Clockw0rk fanboy.

Savon

Smash Ace
Mvc2 is just boring to me. Straight up. No characters that really intrest me, and most of them are trash.

:phone:

TL?

Smash Ace
Sold my mahvel 3 today. Ussually I hate selling my games but it was cracked at the center so I wasn't sure how much longer it would have lasted. Bestbuy gave me $23 for it. Half price ultimate isn't too bad.

Crazy_mofo213

Smash Lord
Yeah I really wanna see Vergil myself.

I just hope he is quite different to Dante.
I finally played Devil May Cry 3 this weekend to see who Vergil was and now I am officially hyped for him!

Though, based off what I played I think it's safe to say that Vergil won't be a shoto/Dante clone. Even in DMC3 he played WAY different then Dante. He's more about summoning swords and even though he uses a sword (a katana actually) like Dante, his moves are completely different.

VERGIL HYPE TRAIN!!!

Grey Belnades

The Imperial Aztec
NNID
OldManGrey
3DS FC
0748-2157-4277
You guys sure do argue alot.

Sold my mahvel 3 today. Ussually I hate selling my games but it was cracked at the center so I wasn't sure how much longer it would have lasted. Bestbuy gave me $23 for it. Half price ultimate isn't too bad.
Wait...Best Buy buys games?
I finally played Devil May Cry 3 this weekend to see who Vergil was and now I am officially hyped for him!

Though, based off what I played I think it's safe to say that Vergil won't be a shoto/Dante clone. Even in DMC3 he played WAY different then Dante. He's more about summoning swords and even though he uses a sword (a katana actually) like Dante, his moves are completely different.

VERGIL HYPE TRAIN!!!
I'm riding first class on the Vergil Hype train.

Sethlon

Smash Champion
BRoomer
You have no idea how excited I was when I finally found a roy picture worth using as an avatar yesterday, lol.

Pitzer

The Young Lion
NNID
Pitzer757
So hard to find those. xD Still people thought I was you at Pound 5. Felt good man, but back to topic. I still think Wesker is gonna be one of the better characters. I hope Ghost Rider is at least High or Mid tier. As for Frank he's tvc form so... YESSS

Dr Drew the Dragon

BRoomer
BRoomer
Well everyone in the light house fighting game night thing is playing brawl i think. If anyone wants to play on 360 just message me at DrDrewtheDragon

Serris

ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)
NNID
Herple-Derples
3DS FC
5043-4507-3351
Well, I did it. I figured out how to get it to end in Raven Spike. 641,800 with two assists.

Air H > H > Crouching H > Flip Kick > Somersault Kick > Air M > Air H > Air S > Partner 1 > Air M > Air H > Air S > S > Air M > Air H > Air S > Partner 2 > Fallen Prey > Raven Spike

Savon

Smash Ace
Sounds like a bunch of effort for damage other characters can beat much easier. Either way good **** and keep it up

:phone:

Serris

ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)
NNID
Herple-Derples
3DS FC
5043-4507-3351
That seems to be a recurring theme with my character selection. Also, Sentinel is making a hilarious addition to my team. All I do is spam Rocket Punch in the air and no one ever sees it coming.

Pikaville

Pikaville returns 10 years later.
I've caught a bunch of people off guard before with standing RP straight after 2 lasers or even after an air.m.

The results are hilarious.

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
NNID
UltiMario
3DS FC
1719-3180-2455
So I finally got a stick so I can play this **** now.

I'm looking for someone to use on point in my Shuma/Wesker team, preferably someone with an easy DHC into Chaos Dimension, any tips?

Top Bottom