• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3: Fate of Two Worlds

LivewiresXe

Smash Hero
Both Nova and Vergil look awesome, and thankfully Vergil doesn't look like an exact Dante clone. Though...unless my eyes deceive me, I swear I saw a "Maximum Vergil" super.

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
vergil can change that spinning swords super in to a spiral-like ability where the swords float around them and he can shoot them on command

so it's not a total ouroburos clone.

Gates

Banned via Warnings
vergil can change that spinning swords super in to a spiral-like ability where the swords float around them and he can shoot them on command

so it's not a total ouroburos clone.
It's still a lot more similar to Strider than Spiral.

I am disappointed.

And Iron Fist makes me think of what Fei Long would be like if he had a power-up move. He seems like a really good battery character. I can't wait to see Phoenix teams with Iron Fist/Wesker/Dumb *****.

Smooth Criminal

Da Cheef
NNID
boundless_light
I'm actually not all that excited about Vergil and Iron Fist. :c

I'm hoping there's a little more to Vergil than what was shown in the trailers. I know there are some marked differences between him and Dante and I really wanna see it. Right now, I'm just getting the impression that he's Dante with a good projectile and a flexible teleport. At base, anyway, aside from his supers (which are completely different).

(He also stole Strider's level 1. :awesome:)

As far as Iron Fist goes...? Eh, he's always been one of my least favorite heroes. I've been kinda like "wtf" and "meh" since he was leaked. Can't really say I'm too terribly surprised at how they made him play. His level 3 super is badass, tho'. Reminds me of the old Heroes for Hire comics when Rand saves Power Man's ******* from trouble with some super dee duper, last ditch effort kung-fu attack. Of course, it also reminds me of Fei Long's catch Ultra...

Smooth Criminal

Minato

穏やかじゃない
I'm liking the trailers they put up. Iron Fist looking similar to Jam is neat. Vergil looks pretty cool. His sword super really does seem more like Strider. His air super is meh. It's annoying how it's similar to Maximum Spider/Wesker. At least it's not another generic MvC beam super. Only thing that's cool about it is that it reminds me of Karas's super.

As much as I wanted to use Strider, Vergil seems too tempting. Guess I gotta try out both and see.

MysteryRevengerson

IT'S A MYSTERY TO ALL
I wonder if Iron Fist's pillar OTGs.

I noticed (or maybe didn't) that Iron fist never super jumped to do a magic series. I sure hope he has SOMETHING that otgs...Though, he's looking to be very powerful, so maybe he won't need it.

Minato

穏やかじゃない
If anyone wants to host MvC2, I'm up for that. Unfortunately I still can't play MvC3 on my PS3.

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
even if iron fist as a character looks fairly lack luster

a masked kung fu man with damage that looks even better than she hulk's is VERY interesting to me.

Savon

Smash Ace
I am happy with the characters, but they need to tone that damage the **** down. Jesus Christ. Mvc3 as a whole needs more health buffs. It would make the game so much better.

Pitzer

The Young Lion
NNID
Pitzer757
Masked Fei Long with the damage output everyone could wish for, Im guess his damage output is roughly 78,000 which is above vanilla Phoenix's. Plus I believe his stance charges up his percents by like 15% each level.

Thrillhouse-vh.

Smash Hero
1. One-Inch Punch
2. Win pose.
3. Flame kicks.
4. Ridiculous shouting whenever he does an attack.
Bruce Lee had them first, and then Iron Fist had them before Fei Long did.

Besides if anything his dragon kick is like Lui Kang or Jam or Ryo from SNK.

They don't look like they'll play anything alike of course

Gates

Banned via Warnings
All these Bruce Lee clones look alike.

Anyway, I'm still disappointed by Vergil. He's probably going to be good, but I just wish he was more like Spiral instead of just what Strider should be.

Lythium

underachiever
BRoomer
All these Bruce Lee clones look alike.

Anyway, I'm still disappointed by Vergil. He's probably going to be good, but I just wish he was more like Spiral instead of just what Strider should be.
Agreed.

I want more swords. Swords everywhere. All the time.

Top Bottom