• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3: Fate of Two Worlds

Pikaville

Pikaville returns 10 years later.
No I never invested too much time into MvC2.

It was only me and one of my friends who played it.

I only used him from time to time.

Doom/Magneto/Iron man were my boys.

I used to sometimes pick Gambit, Megaman, War machine, Storm, Hayato and Sent.

I think it's kind of over rated.

Thrillhouse-vh.

Smash Hero
No I never invested too much time into MvC2.

It was only me and one of my friends who played it.

I only used him from time to time.

Doom/Magneto/Iron man were my boys.

I used to sometimes pick Gambit, Megaman, War machine, Storm, Hayato and Sent.

I think it's kind of over rated.
You don't deserve your user name. You don't deserve your pic. You don't deserve anything.

You are living a lie.

Kuraudo

4Aerith
NNID
Kuraudo
Aerial X-Factor is gonna make Sentinel look so much cooler. I may use him if OTG Rocket Punch to HSF works in the final build of UMvC3. Getting rid of a staple like that sucks. But anyway, what I wanna see and try???

Basic ground combo, y'know, c.M or whatever sets into his launch into an aerial combo, Rocket Punch to Harddrive, X-Factor into another aerial combo and kill them with another Harddrive. Carry them back and forth across the stage.

Let's see the Sentinel of old do that. ...if it's possible to combo them after Harddrive in the air that is. Would be so cool.

Minato

穏やかじゃない
Aerial X-Factor is gonna make Sentinel look so much cooler. I may use him if OTG Rocket Punch to HSF works in the final build of UMvC3. Getting rid of a staple like that sucks. But anyway, what I wanna see and try???

Basic ground combo, y'know, c.M or whatever sets into his launch into an aerial combo, Rocket Punch to Harddrive, X-Factor into another aerial combo and kill them with another Harddrive. Carry them back and forth across the stage.

Let's see the Sentinel of old do that. ...if it's possible to combo them after Harddrive in the air that is. Would be so cool.
MvC3 Sentinel could combo after Hard Drive. They removed that in Ultimate so yeah... it's a nerf since he'll need X Factor to do that now.

I'm not big on the whole air X Factor thing yet. I guess it helps characters with air supers though.

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
MvC3 Sentinel could combo after Hard Drive. They removed that in Ultimate so yeah... it's a nerf since he'll need X Factor to do that now.

I'm not big on the whole air X Factor thing yet. I guess it helps characters with air supers though.
Also will help against a friends Dormammu killing someone, Power of the Spheres, X factor, Power of the Spheres, my next character jumps out, chip death.

Serris

ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)
NNID
Herple-Derples
3DS FC
5043-4507-3351
I'm switching my team to Phoenix/Jill/Sentinel. Jill's shenanigans with the air raid assist are insane, and now that I've figured out how to feral stance cancel out of her arrow kick, she's become a lot more dangerous.

Pikaville

You don't deserve your user name. You don't deserve your pic. You don't deserve anything.

You are living a lie.
MvC2 is hardly like the pinnacle of Sentinels career.

I just wanna hear why it's overrated.

I'm genuinely curious.

Smooth Criminal
1) The percentage of unviable characters in MvC2 is at least twice MvC3(A waste of such an impressive roster)

2) The 3 new original characters are terrible

3) The infinites

4) MvC2 snapbacks are BROKEN

5) You build meter for spamming moves

I wanna leave it at that because it's really opinion at the end of the day and it's only gonna start something no one wants.

Minato

穏やかじゃない
3) The infinites
I really really hate when people bring this up when they're comparing 2 to 3 but oh well.
Your reason in 1, 2, and 4 I can somewhat understand. Especially 4.

Meter building is good since that was a way to comeback in a fight. For MvC3 that doesn't matter since you can build 2-3 bars of meter in competitive play on one combo (and kill them).

Pikaville

But the infinites are a legit gripe of mine.

I mean it's not like they were really easy or anything, but they are silly.

I'm glad they removed them from 3.

The free meter building isn't actually that bad now that I think about it, I guess it gave your last character a good chance of coming back, especially if they could fly.

ETWIST51294

Smash Hero
The reason he hates when people bring them up is because it's a big *** sign saying "I DON'T KNOW **** BOUT MARVEL 2" because if you did you would know that Magnetos doesn't kill, it's just used for set ups and the only other viable inf is IM and yes it's bull****. But theres only really 2 infs you see a lot. Marvel 2 isn't xmvsf.

Storm and Strider have infs on Sent but you won't see them all of the time.

Pikaville

What about the ******** Tron/Jin infinite?

Also Kens, Akuma, Dooms, need I go on?

Also I don't really know **** about Marvel 2, I already stated that pretty clearly.

So what if mags infinite doesnt kill?

It's still dumb.

ETWIST51294

Smash Hero
People play those characters? lol

And not really.

But okay I don't really feel like arguing with you. It's like arguing with a brawl player saying melee fox wasn't the high point of fox but brawl fox was.

Minato

穏やかじゃない

Also I don't really know **** about Marvel 2, I already stated that pretty clearly.

It's still dumb.
(Normal) Infinites don't kill in this game you know, they spin out of it. And I've never ever seen those rare infinites done in a tourney.
The only time I've done a rare infinite was with my Mega Man on a Sent on PSN, but that was his fault for not teching my throw reset into infinite.

Infinites like ROM don't do much damage, that's why MvC2 is so heavily based on resets.
TBH, just doing ROM isn't even an MvC3 BnB in terms of damage. It scales so so quickly.

Pikaville

And not really.

But okay I don't really feel like arguing with you. It's like arguing with a brawl player saying melee fox wasn't the high point of fox but brawl fox was.

1st line reinforces one of my points :D

If MvC2 is so almighty then why are you even playing 3 at all?

You don't want to argue because there is no right or wrong, it's all opinion.

ETWIST51294

Smash Hero
You're actually wrong about infinites. As Minato said, ROM doesn't even come close to an average easy-mode bnb in this game. What sounds more stupid, a inf that takes time to learn that sets up resets or a bnb the takes ten min to learn that almost kills all characters?

3 sucks ***. Theres still hope for UMvC3, but it's looking slim.

Smooth Criminal

Da Cheef
NNID
boundless_light
Twists doesn't play MvC3.

DERP.

Also, yeah. Pretty much everything Minato said.

Thanks for answeing...? Lol, I dunno. I really was just curious.

Smooth Criminal

Kuraudo

4Aerith
NNID
Kuraudo

It's still dumb.
3 is stupid because you don't play as just 5 characters like in Marvel 2. :awesome:

And not really.

... who the hell would EVER say that Brawl Fox was the high point of the character? LOL I'm a Brawl player myself and even I know that our Fox can't even touch the hax (epic cool hax) of Melee's, or 64's with stunning lasers.

When it comes to the mechanics of Brawl, Fox does some pretty impressive stuff though, pushing High Tier in North America and top tier in Japan. Still, he's no Melee version.

ETWIST51294

Smash Hero
ITT: Fighting game players are a lot like Melee players only instead of nutting up and playing the better game they just ***** about the game they are playing.
Okay then, lemme go back to my Marvel 2 scen- Oh wait, this piece of **** killed it.

I'm going to play UMvC3 no matter what just because Striders in it so whatever.

... who the hell would EVER say that Brawl Fox was the high point of the character? LOL I'm a Brawl player myself and even I know that our Fox can't even touch the hax (epic cool hax) of Melee's, or 64's with stunning lasers.

When it comes to the mechanics of Brawl, Fox does some pretty impressive stuff though, pushing High Tier in North America and top tier in Japan. Still, he's no Melee version.
Who the hell would say Marvel 3 Sent was the high point of that character? That's what I was comparing.

Minato

穏やかじゃない
ITT: Fighting game players are a lot like Melee players only instead of nutting up and playing the better game they just ***** about the game they are playing.
Well, we did try avoiding that until Sent mentioned that Twist should just play MvC2 then.
Oh well, I never really argued which game was better. Just educating Sent on Marvel 2 since he did say he didn't know anything about it.
3 is stupid because you don't play as just 5 characters like in Marvel 2. :awesome:
I know right? At least Marvel 3 lets us use 8. (LOL actually less since you mentioned only MvC2 god tiers. Then it's like 2 on MvC3's side)
Japanese Brawl Fox players make me wish Brawl really was like that. But the way Brawl is played in the US, it's almost hard to do that. XD

ETWIST51294

Smash Hero
That's not how the fg scene works. Pink Reaper was actually very, VERY wrong. FG players just play the newest game in the series and just go with it. Most Marvel 2 players dislike this game, they play it anyways. It's the same reason people played 3S.

Kuraudo

4Aerith
NNID
Kuraudo
Who the hell would say Marvel 3 Sent was the high point of that character? That's what I was comparing.
Unless I'm blind and didn't see it, I don't think Sentinel said that the MvC3 version was the high point. Just that he liked this version the best. Me, I can see it. Sure it's derp BnB stuff and can be plain, but at least Sentinel plays more like...well, Sentinel would, imo. Big hulking machine that's slow to the hit, but hits like a truck. Helps that his voice really makes him sound more badass. But hey, that's just me really.

I know right? At least Marvel 3 lets us use 8. (LOL actually less since you mentioned only MvC2 god tiers. Then it's like 2 on MvC3's side)

Japanese Brawl Fox players make me wish Brawl really was like that. But the way Brawl is played in the US, it's almost hard to do that. XD
To the first thing you said, I guess it's a matter of me liking the diversity in teams. Like, teams that make Spidey work (and pwn Phoenix), Spencer and his good ol' Bionic Arm... Sure we see a heck of a lot of Wolverine/Akuma and Phoenix, but otherwise there's some pretty good variations out there. Not that there isn't a few of them in Marvel 2 either, I just see more of it in the new game.

--

And the Brawl thing... Yeah... Yeah, Meta Knight's gay. LOL

Thrillhouse-vh.

Smash Hero
That would require MvC 3 being the better game. I do like the game, but it isn't, not even close.

Okay then, lemme go back to my Marvel 2 scen- Oh wait, this piece of **** killed it.
People still play Super Turbo, Tekken 3, Alpha 3, 3rd Strike, XX A/C, UMK3... people will still play Marvel 2. The arcade I go to hasn't had a decrease in players and most of them play Marvel 3 as well.

disasterABDUL

Smash Ace
I don't get why someone who openly states they know nothing about something is claiming to have strong opinions on said thing. Most pro players are sponsored, therefore they have to play the most popular games because it makes the most money for their sponsor. And these days fighting games are made more to be popular among everyone not just the fighting game community
That's why games like mvc3 and sf4 are easier to pick up.
That's also why the running joke is that some random that no one has ever seen will take the next major tournament for mvc3.
Games like guilty gear and mvc2 are great and still played but they're outdated so they stopped getting noteriaty in America because that's how American business normally works. If it's not popular why bother with it? No matter how good it is
Personally I don't play these newer games much myself anymore.

:phone:

Thrillhouse-vh.

Smash Hero
Playing a 10 year old game you genuinely enjoy: lol ******* play the new game
Playing newer games just to stay up: lol ******* why play it if you like the old game better

Not just for fighting games, nor is it the most notorious example. Any of you guys ever play FPSs a lot in their heyday?

PS: **** Global Offensive, it will never replace Source.

Pink Reaper

Real Name No Gimmicks
BRoomer
In the Air, Using Up b as an offensive move
giant, you apparently are bad at reading. You quoted me saying MvC2 was better then somehow interpreted it as me saying mvc3 is better.

Also the only people who make fun of people for playing an old game are people who honestly believe the new game is superior, aka, *******.

Top Bottom