• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Uair-footstool-QAL potential death combo (video pending)

Stealth Raptor

Smash Legend
i have to agree. thunair is situational, yet i make the situation when i see it, and it tends to work. i even got a thungrab recently on someone i was testing lol

Zee725

Smash Apprentice
so when you're doing the uair footstool, has anyone tried doing it with tap jump off? I haven't really experimented with the uair lock yet so i'm wondering if there any special controls used or what not =]

KayLo!

Smarter than your average wabbit.
3DS FC
3497-1590-7447
so when you're doing the uair footstool, has anyone tried doing it with tap jump off? I haven't really experimented with the uair lock yet so i'm wondering if there any special controls used or what not =]
Imo, it's actually easier with tap jump off.

saviorslegacy

My avater is not a Sheik avatar.
More people should have this guy's attitude.
Good attitude.
thank you
I have messed with footstools for a while now. I have made a few footstool combo's for Sheik and footstool combo's for a few other characters. I have always done it with tap jump off. I hate tap jump and in Pika's case it makes it harder to footstool.

Tagxy

Smash Lord
It doesnt make a difference unless youre trying to do it oos. I guess if you shield with L it might not be as awkward either. But its something you can get around since you can uair right after your jump anyways.

[FBC] ESAM

Smash Legend
Video will be up in about 1-2 weeks. I'm sending my replays to 5ive, he is giong to edit them, and i'm going to upload it. Be patient my pikachus.

sirchadakiss18

Smash Journeyman
QA Death lock setup, you can thank me later :]

Grab→Dthrow→Ftilt

Ftilt in close range makes your opponent go behind us

SH Uair→Footstool→QA

BOOM!!!! HEADSHOT!!!

I've done this so many times on Wi-fi, but I QAL instead, more flashy :X

-Japan-

Pikabunz

Smash Hero
NNID
Pikabunz
3DS FC
1134-8730-8374
Yes you have to angle it, but they can just shield or jump out before you hit them with uair.

Alphicans

Smash Hero
Ok this is actually really scary. I was vsing frio today in some offline matches, and like he has barely even practiced it, and he manged to get me into it. All it takes is one uair, which isn't that hard to land. This is definitely a legit combo >.> .

CaliburChamp

Smash Master
3DS FC
1392-6575-2504
In 6 months from now, practically every competitive Pikachu player would have this mastered, and Pikachu would make it to S tier at that rate. It's scary, it's not just for a few characters, it works on all characters.

Nefarious B

Smash Champion
So, since this seems pretty legit, does anyone have any strategies to avoid this?

All I have to say is, Pikachus now have something so gay that everyone else will attempt to gay you guys just as bad. Have fun with that.

[FBC] ESAM

Smash Legend
This is actually really easy to get off in a match :) I screw up and QA too early alot of the times tho cuz im so eager to start it lol.
That.

Most pikachu's will try to do the QA too early, either causing you to hit them when the opponent is still in the air, or too early to not realize how the opponent is DI-ing. This technique makes it helpful if you know how to do the slight angles of pikachu's QA (the 7/16th and 9/16th in this case) so you can just jump higher, see which way they hit the ground, and QA into them.

Nicholas1024

Smash Lord
I still can't believe that pikachu has something like this...

So... how much will this affect the matchups?

Cold Fusion

ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ JIGGLYPUFF OR RIOT ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ
This will probably only affect the match-ups of the characters that have litttle to no good answers to Pikachu's u-air.

GimR

GimR, Co-Founder of VGBootCamp
NNID
VGBC_GimR
U-air out of shield has been amazing ever since Melee. I can see this working.

GOOD STUFF!

gallax

Smash Hero
jiggs can be tough for pika. ima gets vids of the mu when i play an awesome jiggs later tonight. more to come on the jiggs scenario.

M-WUZ-H3R3

Smash Lord
This doesn’t look like it has the potential for a 0-death. It looks like a useful damage builder that can probably be done two or three times before it is escaped.

Top Bottom