• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Uair-footstool-QAL potential death combo (video pending)

Pikabunz

Smash Hero
NNID
Pikabunz
3DS FC
1134-8730-8374
It can work really well. It just depends on the character, percent, and strength of uair.

KuroKitt10

Smash Journeyman
So, I'm trying to understand how this works a little better - can I footstool someone out of any up air? Or is it only the very specific setup as seen in the video? Or perhaps some options C.

I'm still a bit hazy on exactly what's happening here >.<

mew...

Stealth Raptor

Smash Legend
Phew glad Anther can't do this to me.
actually i think this can be a good way to split them up. use uair on them, footstool one, then attack the other. if you have time, qa into the IC that got footstooled, then depending on the circumstances attack one or the other. then when there is only one IC left.......yeah.....

salaboB

Smash Champion
this might kill brawl entirly
unless everyone learns pika or ics which are really hard to learn
Dooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooom.

In other words: Wait for it to be proven viable in tournaments before declaring that the game is ending (Or that it beats MK. Same general principle)

napZzz

Smash Hero
It's not really escapable. The thing that prime is saying is that you can move when you are falling from the footstool, but the pikachu can just follow it by waiting a little and QAing accordingly.
how much do you move? If its related to following minor DI then this shouldn't be any harder to follow up than something like marths uthrow cg on fox in melee for example

Stealth Raptor

Smash Legend
one thing i would like to point out - the link boards on aib got into a massive fight over locks, so for the people who are doing this, make sure you connect with qa during the bounce and not when the char is laying there. if it is laying there, you have to follow it up quickly with another qa to continue the lock.

[FBC] ESAM

Smash Legend
Fiction, you can basically do it any % higher than that, but you may have to hit with a different part of the tail or FH it to get the footstool.

DeletedGod

Smash Cadet
Snake can't pull a grenade anywhere in this can he? Also, check to see if the spacies can shine during this. I remember snake could pull a grenade during Dedede's cgs to escape if the DDD was slightly off time, so it might work here too.

[FBC] ESAM

Smash Legend
No, i made it so that everybody with invulnerability on anything or that could disrupt it did not have enough time. Why do you think it took 7 hours?

Also, added how many uair->footstool-> QA it would need from the lowest % to jab lock.

Jupz

Smash Master
Just because Pika has this on every character except Jiggly, dosen't make the matchup any easier for Jiggly :p Though I don't know the matchup at all currently :p

[FBC] ESAM

Smash Legend
That has nothing to do with the thread deletedgod, please stay on topic. Thank you.

(god i sound like a mod)

Do you people like the information of how many of the uair->footstool->QA you will need from the lowest % to jab lock? Helpful? Not?

[FBC] ESAM

Smash Legend
Not at all. Try it against a dead human (plug in a controller with nobody controlling it) and find out for yourself.

Pharrox

Smash Journeyman
Wait, so your opponent needs to be backwards as well? I've done some messing around with it and it seemed like it didn't matter which way your opponent was facing (not that I was in debug or anything though). If they have to be backwards as well, then that does seem to really limit this. Eh, what do I know, I haven't tried it in a real match, so there may be more opportunities than I realize.

KayLo!

Smarter than your average wabbit.
3DS FC
3497-1590-7447
Lol. Just Pikachu has to be backwards. It's not as hard to pull off a backwards uair as people are making it seem...... it's just facing in the opposite direction. Ohnoes!

RPK

Smash Lord
Pikachu is becoming more and more alluring everyday T_T I wanna pick him up! He's so good >3< And the reverse Uair isnt that hard. Especially if you have all the time in the world to watch your opponent get up =\

Pharrox

Smash Journeyman
Mkay, that's what I thought. :) I read wangston's question as your opponent needs to be backwards as well and ESAM said yes, so I just wanted to make sure. Just landing a backwards uair isn't that bad.

EDIT: Also, I just want to confirm that this works on Meta starting at 24%. From what I can tell, MK can escape using tornado up to 32%. I'm probably just messing up though.

[FBC] ESAM

Smash Legend
That CAN work, but it is a lot easier to have pikachu backwards. Once you hit the opponent, they always turn towards you anyway...at least with uair.

saviorslegacy

My avater is not a Sheik avatar.
I have seen this before and I am still impressed. I always tell people that says "It takes to much technical skill for it to work" is not valid because some guy will develop that technical skill. I do have to ask "does this take to much technical skill?" though. The reason why is because it barely does any damage (thus you have to do it a LOT) and it is hard to perform.

I do have a question though... "why do they whole QAC lock?" You can just end it at some point and do a jab lock all across the screen and end with a Smash for a KO.
I took Pika on as an alt because he could do a CG> U-air> footstool> QAC> jab lock> Smash> win. That is a WHOLE lot easier.

[FBC] ESAM

Smash Legend
No, this doesn't take a lot of tech skill...really it doesn't. Also, it does a decent amount of damage. You do this 5 times in maybe 15 seconds...and that does like 40+ damage.

saviorslegacy

My avater is not a Sheik avatar.
No, this doesn't take a lot of tech skill...really it doesn't. Also, it does a decent amount of damage. You do this 5 times in maybe 15 seconds...and that does like 40+ damage.
Not a lot of tech skill... bt some VERY fast thumb action. To QAC is easy.. just doing it back and forth like that is what is hard.

[FBC] ESAM

Smash Legend
You don't have to do it back and forth...you do one QA...then uair again....ill be sending the vids to 5ive soon and he is gonna put them together. Then ima upload them.

KayLo!

Smarter than your average wabbit.
3DS FC
3497-1590-7447
I do have a question though... "why do they whole QAC lock?" You can just end it at some point and do a jab lock all across the screen and end with a Smash for a KO.
You can do that, but jab locking only works after a certain percentage, so you have to do the uair > footstool > QA until they get to that much damage.

If you watch Prime's vid, he starts the jab lock, but he only does one jab iirc. You could continue it for however long you wanted, though.... if you get to the end of the stage, just QAC through to the other side of them and start in the opposite direction (unnecessary, though, since a thunder will kill them if you're at the edge of the stage).

Top Bottom