• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Uair-footstool-QAL potential death combo (video pending)

Mr.-0

Smash Ace
In 6 months from now, practically every competitive Pikachu player would have this mastered, and Pikachu would make it to S tier at that rate. It's scary, it's not just for a few characters, it works on all characters.
I'm surprised pika's not in S tier already. With QAC, his chaingrabs, his comboes, and this, plus the original stuff that made him high tier, I think he should be way higher. And if anther masters this by genesis, than he'll definitely be in second place. DEFINITELY. Ally in first.

[FBC] ESAM

Smash Legend
IC is our advantage also probably. We have the best separating game of any character.

gallax

Smash Hero
IC is our advantage also probably. We have the best separating game of any character.
snakes grenades are the best thing in the world against the IC's. not disagreeing with you though. pikas are beast for separation.

and i have to totally disagree with playing against toon link. at worst its even for pika.

[FBC] ESAM

Smash Legend
Sorry sorry, not the best, ONE of the best. Anyway, back on topic.

5ive is editing the video for me, and i will have it up no later than 2 weeks from now.

5ive

Smash Champion
Got the clips from Distructo. Editing things right now. ESAM pm me for details on what to put in the vid in terms of writing and words.

I LAG

Smash Lord
WHY IS PIKA NOT TOP TIER?
he has all these chain grabs and death combos
and what does mk have?
3moves

J4pu

Smash Champion
WHY IS PIKA NOT TOP TIER?
he has all these chain grabs and death combos
and what does mk have?
3moves
no, mk can get away with using ~3 moves and still do well which shows how good those moves are, he has like 9 moves that are just plain amazing
along with the best recovery in the game

also a question about the OP, when it says like 20%-death, what is the reason for the beginning percent? B/c i was playing around with it on MK and i was able to start at 9% while the op says 20something%. Is it something to do with staling?

[FBC] ESAM

Smash Legend
The reasoning is frame advantage.

EG: "When it is guarenteed no matter what" compared to "guaranteed if your opponent doesn't do anything for 1-19+ (IDK real numbers) frames"
Ty susa. I'm actually gonna put that in the OP so that people who think it can actually read that. I'm just gonna edit it a little bit to make it in context.

J4pu

Smash Champion
so i was playing pikachu today and i was thinking, how can we make this more broken? then i thought, what if it's guaranteed at a certain % after a QAC, so,
QAC (through the opponent)> DJ Uair> fs> QA lock> death.
a sort of mid %> death combo

think it's possible? or you think the DJ will make you too high and therefore they would exit fs animation before hitting the ground?

actually you wouldn't even need the Uair> fs to be guaranteed (altho it would be nice) since it wouldn't be repeated and you could probably manage to surprise them a little.

momochuu

Smash Legend
NNID
Momochuu
3DS FC
2380-3247-9039
yeah you cant forget zelda, she ***** ics.
Funny joke. The best she can attempt to do is brickwall them which won't even work half the time. I've had trouble with like... one Zelda ever. And this was about a year ago.

KayLo!

Smarter than your average wabbit.
3DS FC
3497-1590-7447
Funny joke. The best she can attempt to do is brickwall them which won't even work half the time. I've had trouble with like... one Zelda ever. And this was about a year ago.
Not that I've played any top-level ICs, but I've played this matchup a lot in general and lost maybe.... a few matches, ever, vs. ICs with Zelda.... and that was after playing fifty bajillion matches where they kept losing and I got bored of avoiding grabs, lol.

She outranges them, practically all of her moves separate them, and the fact that they both can't perfect shield Din's at once makes platform camping so so easy. Even her slow jab causes them problems.

The only thing I can see being a real problem is desynced ice blocks, but even then, you can just Din's and let the blocks hit you while they explode.

Zelda can easily wall them, from every example I've ever seen and every personal experience I've ever had.

@SuSa: I'm not sure about QA's knockback & hitstun properties. K Prime probably knows.

momochuu

Smash Legend
NNID
Momochuu
3DS FC
2380-3247-9039
I dunno, to each their own. Zelda's just never been that difficult to me after people learned how to shield.

[FBC] ESAM

Smash Legend
so i was playing pikachu today and i was thinking, how can we make this more broken? then i thought, what if it's guaranteed at a certain % after a QAC, so,
QAC (through the opponent)> DJ Uair> fs> QA lock> death.
a sort of mid %> death combo

think it's possible? or you think the DJ will make you too high and therefore they would exit fs animation before hitting the ground?

actually you wouldn't even need the Uair> fs to be guaranteed (altho it would be nice) since it wouldn't be repeated and you could probably manage to surprise them a little.
It would work yeah, but you would have to be incredibly precise with your QA to be RIGHT BEHIND THEM to still get that part of the tail. Somebody else test this, i don't feel like it anymore.

J4pu

Smash Champion
i didn't mean that the QA hitstun would actually combo into the Uair, that part would have to be surprise based (because I'm pretty sure you're right and the hitstun is set), I just meant a % at which all things from the Uair onward would be "true combos".

as for the placement being difficult, it's not that strict, the back of pikachu's tail has some decent horizontal range considering the attack is an Uair, a predominantly vertical attack.

5ive

Smash Champion
SOOOO sorry I'm taking so long with the video. I've just been so busy. I'll have it done soon.

bigman40

Smash Master
I really need to start trying to find some setups for this. I need to start using it in tourneys too lol. I'm soo far behind.....

...Zuzuzu....

Roller

Smash Legend
Anther, I hope you aren't TOO attached to your name; because there is going to come a day when people STOP refering to you as Anther, and start refering to you as God.

5ive

Smash Champion
lol, I forgot to mention I have a priority project before the QAL video. Don't worry, I already started it, but again, I have another project to work on.

Piman34

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3454-0406-0497
so i just read through the entire thread and its funny to see how it progresses in terms of people's opinions lol

also, good **** anther, flashy and sucessful :D

thanks for discovering/applying this, this will really help my game, anything to keep me from losing to people who are better than me haha

PKNintendo

Smash Master
Typical, Ness is the only one who gets 0 deathed. (Pit can DI right?!?)

Sakurai really loves to mess with Ness.

phi1ny3

Not the Mama
t0mmy and thrilla have been telling me how effective this is.

btw, how come this still hasn't gone mainstream? It doesn't seem too hard, and I'd be figuring that pika results would go up.

Pikabunz

Smash Hero
NNID
Pikabunz
3DS FC
1134-8730-8374
There aren't that many skilled Pikas that go to tournaments often. Also, this isn't really a real death combo like the op makes it seem. They can di after the footstool to avoid the QA lock and you have to hit them with uair in a certain way for the footstool to connect. This alone isn't going to win you matches.

Top Bottom