• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Uair-footstool-QAL potential death combo (video pending)

The Truth!

Smash Ace
Kenny ESAMs been working on footstool comboes well before you were part of the pika community.

Honestly the setup for this really isnt that hard or what I would consider to be a major problem. Pikachus who know the character well have been using grounded uairs for ages. In fact its a tactic thats been used since melee pika and probably even 64 pika. Its pretty common for those who are aware of it. The difference is instead of eating a uair to nair or uair to fair, youll be uaired to footstool. The reason it might not work out often competitively is because its still fairly difficult to do in a real matcg. Usually when I do a rising uair its full hopped, and Ive found doing an oos sh uair in training mode to be difficult as is.

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer
I'd like to have this setup used on me sometime just to see how effective it is.

Gallax should you should totally bust this out next smashfest. Hopefully it's not like that sheik fiasco.
K-Prime caught me once with the upair > footstool > QAL b/c I made a mistake in my spacing. He ended it fairly soon (b/c this was before the repeated upair > footstool > lock existed) into a fsmash, but it is very viable if the opponent makes a big mistake in spacing and is either close enough or doesn't SDI the upair hit far enough away (when not at point blank upair range, at which point you're screwed anyway)..

Gindler

Smash Champion
im pulling it off on tony first. then when you land behind me with wario, uair>footstool.
Ha, nice. Can't wait.

K-Prime caught me once with the upair > footstool > QAL b/c I made a mistake in my spacing. He ended it fairly soon (b/c this was before the repeated upair > footstool > lock existed) into a fsmash, but it is very viable if the opponent makes a big mistake in spacing and is either close enough or doesn't SDI the upair hit far enough away (when not at point blank upair range, at which point you're screwed anyway)..
So don't get caught at point blank then, gotchya. All the more reason to space right.

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer
I'm just saying, if it's guaranteed on Wario, who has the 3rd highest aerial movement in the game, most other characters are screwed if the upair hits at all.

[FBC] ESAM

Smash Legend
The movement after the hit is enough to get you off the level after a while, but pikachu can still get like 30 or so % plus a finisher if we get you around the middle of the stage (assuming FD)

MetalMusicMan

Sleepwalk our lives away.
The movement after the hit is enough to get you off the level after a while, but pikachu can still get like 30 or so % plus a finisher if we get you around the middle of the stage (assuming FD)
When you phrase it like that, I can see how this might be more plausible. I just don't see people 15%-death'ing their opponents left and right with it.

[FBC] ESAM

Smash Legend
Thanks kenny...considering i applied it. Prime had more of a theory, but i put it into use. Not taking away credit from him, but don't call it his technique >_>

So I did this in teams, I got 7 locks into a thunder for a KO. (It was a 2vs1, we knocked out the other guy)

I'm sad to report this **** can work.
Awesome, that'll shut the questioners up. Thanks suasa.

[FBC] ESAM

Smash Legend
Uh...sorry...*bows down in shame*

But yeah, that'll help the stupid people saying it doesn't work. Thanks Su
a
sa

SuSa

Banned via Administration
Kenny, stop spamming. ;)

Good **** using this in a real match, SuSa. How hard would you say it was to pull off compared to just practicing it?
Really not much harder. If they in the 30's and your playing a pressure game, getting the uair isn't as hard as you'd think. After the footstool, just quickly up-B down and set yourself up for the next uair.

Considering I didn't really practice at all (I'm a Snake main) it's really easy to actually pull off in practice. The setup is just situational, however it's not highly situational.

The Truth!

Smash Ace
Still having a hard time doing this oos with tap jump <.<. Im going to master this on olimar...eventually.

You missed the point as usual.
Basically what Im trying to say is until you start discovering AT's and contributing on your own kindly stfu with the finger pointing ;D <4

Cold Fusion

ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ JIGGLYPUFF OR RIOT ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ
Though I have yet to pull this off in a match, as many people have mentioned before me, it is not that difficult. I don't even use Pikachu unless I fight a Fox.

Kenrawr

Smash Master
Still having a hard time doing this oos with tap jump <.<. Im going to master this on olimar...eventually.

Basically what Im trying to say is until you start discovering AT's and contributing on your own kindly stfu with the finger pointing ;D <4
Irrelevant.

[FBC] ESAM

Smash Legend
Both of you shut up. Stop bickering, it is going nowhere. Contribute to this or stop posting here unless you have relevant information pertaining to the technique.

Also, yeah this technique is WAY harder with tap jump on...but meh, we will get over it.

KayLo!

Smarter than your average wabbit.
3DS FC
3497-1590-7447
What ESAM said. Stop arguing over petty stuff and let's focus on the combo thingy.

Btw, someone made a thread on the tactical discussion board about this combo.
It's full of incorrect information (durr guys, just tech da footstool or roll away!!!!!) and people who don't know what they're talking about, but here's the link for anyone interested: http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=238508

Read it more for the lulz than anything.

Kenrawr

Smash Master
I've been done.

What's left to discuss? ESAM said something about the SDI somewhere but iunno where he posted it. Should bring it here.

5ive

Smash Champion
So can I send you replays of me doing this on every single character and you can make it good? I would need your wii number since the problem is i can't get it to my laptop and do it. I could put what to say, then you can send the video back and I can upload it.
My bad ESAM. PM me with your MSN if possible. If not, send me one anyways so we can do this privately.

Anth0ny

Smash Master
I said this in the last cg discovery thread and I'll say it again: Wait until Anther starts to use this effectively. THE **** IS IMMINENT!

Yet, he still can't use it on lain LOL.

DeletedGod

Smash Cadet
This is scary. I'm going back to Melee now o.O Pika will be top tier soon. (note, not top of top tier, just top tier). Everyone can just be Ice Climbers now, so all these infinites don't work on them, but they can infinite everyone else back.

KayLo!

Smarter than your average wabbit.
3DS FC
3497-1590-7447
ESAM

can you set this up with QAC>uair>footstool?

Or does the DJ go too fast/high to land a footstool?
EDIT: Forget what I said. @.@

I don't think this'll work, though, considering the spacing and directional precision needed. It might technically work, but it won't be practical.

Top Bottom