• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

ToS Presents: CLASH OF THE TITANS 4 - Philadelphia, PA - Feb 7/8 NATIONAL!

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Phazon Assassin

Smash Champion
yo who wanna blaze with me inbetween days on saturday night
I swear if you hinder your performance in any way, shape, or form, I am gonna put the hurt down on you.

Chibo, is there a discount for the use of our Wii? Either way, I'll sacrifice mine. Maybe I can get someone OOS to mark their tag on my name list. I'm going to need at least one Canadian on my list so I can say,

"Oh, him? Yeah, that's so-and-so from Canada."

10braggingrights (Did I do that correctly?)

Hitman JT

The Infinite One
NNID
JT.Hitman
3DS FC
1435-5432-6684
**** this shiz is alread y a week away! cant wait ;p (is also drunk as ****)
why da funk wuld u be on da compootir whil drunk az s**t.,...wate i kno i shouldnt be talkin
eye dee kay. my RA planned this kinda superbowl party like thingy for mi floor so i gotta choose between the 2
i'm goin bed b4 i type some moar dumb ****...i gotta watch mi beer intake o_o
Got d**n. i'm never goin on the computer while wasted again.

KnightMare516

Smash Lord
I swear if you hinder your performance in any way, shape, or form, I am gonna put the hurt down on you.

Chibo, is there a discount for the use of our Wii? Either way, I'll sacrifice mine. Maybe I can get someone OOS to mark their tag on my name list. I'm going to need at least one Canadian on my list so I can say,

"Oh, him? Yeah, that's so-and-so from Canada."

10braggingrights (Did I do that correctly?)
thing is i play better buzzed to hahaha. but dont worry we will **** my dude XD i got u

GimR

GimR, Co-Founder of VGBootCamp
NNID
VGBC_GimR
Are Crews going to be done by region or are we allowed to have our actual crews in it?

AlphaZealot

Former Smashboards Owner
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
I think they're trying to get both happening...but regional crews should have priority!
You want to stall a (likely) already time pressed tournament so only a few people can play? F-that, crew crews, where everyone can play, is where it is at.

That said, the answer is already in the OP:

The venue will be open to everyone starting at 11:00am on Saturday and Sunday. The venue will close at midnight on Saturday night and at 10:00pm on Sunday night.

Saturday

* Doubles signups end at 12:30pm prompt
* Doubles pools start at 1:00pm
* Singles signups end about an hour before doubles pools is over
* Singles pools start as soon as doubles pools is over
* Crews signups end when singles pools are over
* Crews starts as soon as bracket is made

Sunday

* Low Tier Singles signups end at 11:30am prompt
* Low Tier Singles starts as soon as the bracket is made
* Any leftover matches for crews not finished on Saturday will be finished during the last couple rounds of low tier singles.
* Doubles bracket will commence as soon as crews or low tier singles is over.
* Singles pools round 2 will begin after doubles with the singles bracket following, or we will start the bracket right away if a 2nd round of singles pools is not needed.

Changes that might happen to the schedule:

* Singles pools round 2 will start on Saturday if there is enough time, and if a 2nd round is needed.
* If we do not finish enough matches for pools or crews on Saturday, then low tier singles will be canceled on Sunday to allow more time for the other events. It will be announced Saturday night at the tournament whether or not low tier singles will happen on Sunday (We should be able to do it).
* After singles is over on Sunday, if there is time, we will do a couple of regional crew battles for fun (no money involved). Regional crews will be 10 versus 10, 30 or 40 stocks each (currently undecided, will decide probably based on time).
Based on this it is open crews on Saturday and, if there is time when everything else is said and done, regional crews at the end of the day Sunday. I think this is a good call on the TO's part.

One thing though I think should be clarified:

1) We need posted rules for the crew battles
2) I do not think it should be a flat rate per person for crews. Since it is stated that crews can be made of 4-5 people, then it should be a flat rate of either $40 or $50 per crew, not $10 per person. You shouldn't make a crew of 5 pay $50 and a crew of 4 pay $40, when that crew of 4 actually gets more time playing per person then the crew of 5. Just make if $40 per crew and call it a day.

Beta9001

Smash Apprentice
Yeah I'm going to this, confirmed.

I wanna try commentary, and get some of my matches recorded. This is gonna be fun!

Solid Jake

The Arcanum
I don't expect everyone to see every post. So i will briefly say it again.
But commentary is restricted on the official ECRC stream.
No were not trying to be elitist jerks, but we have to keep it clean and professional, and we cant have random people hopping on constantly. Confirmed players, and players with a very strong foundation / level of trust with the smash community / ECRC Staff will be given opportunities at first, and we will try to get more people in as the season continues

Anth0ny

Smash Master
You want to stall a (likely) already time pressed tournament so only a few people can play? F-that, crew crews, where everyone can play, is where it is at.
True. But who cares about crew crews :laugh:

I kid, but seriously, there's way more hype in regional crews than crew crews. I mean, an audience between two crew crews and, let's say, East coast vs. Texas, would be incomparable.

But whatever. Hopefully time doesn't become too much of an issue and both can be done :)

Solid Jake

The Arcanum
Obviously this is entirely up to Chibo, but i would have to agree with Anth0ny that Regional crews have more hype behind them, simply due to the amazing expected attendance.

AlphaZealot

Former Smashboards Owner
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
Umm...

I'm fairly certain the best from Texas, Midwest, VA/MD, and NY are all teaming with each other. So for regular crews it will basically be regional/state crews. I much prefer this.

That said, MW doesn't have enough people to actually have a full crew, at least not one that would be completely respectable. It would basically be everyone watching the EC dominate every other region-which is pretty pointless.

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
I was supposed to go to a South Carolina tournament, but it was cancelled.

I'm home now; I need food.

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
alpha -

there is a flat rate per crew, not per person. its in the price section, $20 per crew

there is crew rules posted in the rules section

as for the debate of regular v regional crews, i wanna do regular. ppl are already too hyped for this, and it gives everyone a chance to participate. i really dont like events too much that leave out a lot of people. we'll do some if there is time.

_Yes!_

Smash Hero
chibooooo regional crews >>>> regular crews for this tourney don't belittle your own event like that :3 i prolly wouldnt even be used in regional crews (i wish) but i'd love to see it happen

_Yes!_

Smash Hero
why they're fun

i'd rather see the best of the best play each other than a few groups of lesser players mixed in with good players play each other.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom