• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

ToS Presents: CLASH OF THE TITANS 4 - Philadelphia, PA - Feb 7/8 NATIONAL!

Status
Not open for further replies.

g-regulate

Smash Hero
regional would be disgusting

Azen
Chu
NEO
Forte
g-reg
meep
omni
Boss
Candy
Kawaii Poyo

lool, what a ****. just like melee, md/va so deep with talent

Hidden MachineS

Banned via Warnings
Dude, poyo by himself could easily take out everyone, though he would be reppin' Mars because I'm pretty sure that's where he's from.

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
If we're doing a regional crew battle, depending on how many people are on each crew, AL/GA could do it now. My party just went from three to five, all from AL/GA. If there's more, there are some Florida players coming up, too...

(Inui, if this is a problem for housing, let me know, so I don't screw myself over at the last minute.)

g-regulate

Smash Hero
let this be an announcement to everyone

GET YOUR POOLS DONE AS SOON AS POSSIBLE ON DAY 1

so crews can go down smoothly

KingAce

Smash Ace
lol inui ur stupid, how can u assume ull beat me in singles... i actually go closer than anyone else in canada to ally.. everyone just gets 2/3 stocked by him LOL i atleast took him to final game last stock over 80%?
so yeah we've improved a lot too..
Niko has the most fail logic in our scene, BTW.
thats why hes been trying to be a panelist for the longest time but he cant because he makes stupid assumptions for example nikoK: "ambrose should be #1 in GTA, he would **** Kingace"
2 following tournies after that i 2-0 him both times LOL so you shouldnt take nikos words to heart ;)

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
Everything will be settled come this weekend.

I'm so excited.

In other news, my older brother took up Snake and Diddy Kong.

He's so utterly annoying to fight...but I suppose it'll be worth it come this weekend. I need to be patient!

GimR

GimR, Co-Founder of VGBootCamp
NNID
VGBC_GimR
I think they're trying to get both happening...but regional crews should have priority!
You want to stall a (likely) already time pressed tournament so only a few people can play? F-that, crew crews, where everyone can play, is where it is at.

That said, the answer is already in the OP:

Based on this it is open crews on Saturday and, if there is time when everything else is said and done, regional crews at the end of the day Sunday. I think this is a good call on the TO's part.

One thing though I think should be clarified:

1) We need posted rules for the crew battles
2) I do not think it should be a flat rate per person for crews. Since it is stated that crews can be made of 4-5 people, then it should be a flat rate of either $40 or $50 per crew, not $10 per person. You shouldn't make a crew of 5 pay $50 and a crew of 4 pay $40, when that crew of 4 actually gets more time playing per person then the crew of 5. Just make if $40 per crew and call it a day.

Good, Good, JLB FTW

Lobos

Smash Master
regional would be disgusting

Azen
Chu
NEO
Forte
g-reg
meep
omni
Boss
Candy
Kawaii Poyo

lool, what a ****. just like melee, md/va so deep with talent
lol poyo.....its true, md/va is too much ****

We could just do our regular crews and still beat the other regions, DAYUM!

Inui

Banned via Warnings
lol inui ur stupid, how can u assume ull beat me in singles... i actually go closer than anyone else in canada to ally.. everyone just gets 2/3 stocked by him LOL i atleast took him to final game last stock over 80%?
so yeah we've improved a lot too..
Niko has the most fail logic in our scene, BTW.
thats why hes been trying to be a panelist for the longest time but he cant because he makes stupid assumptions for example nikoK: "ambrose should be #1 in GTA, he would **** Kingace"
2 following tournies after that i 2-0 him both times LOL so you shouldnt take nikos words to heart ;)
I assume that I'll win because I'm assuming I'm better than you. Feel free to prove my assumption wrong. I like competition.

You're not touching me in teams, however.

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
I can't wait for all the upsets..

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
It's a shame that each region doesn't know the others' full ability. I'm not making any calls, but I think the Southeast could be called fairly respectable. :)

hyperhopper

Smash Ace
GHJSDAG HNDGF

i am thinking of going

i have no clue how good i am compared to anybody, and am just wondering a few things

is it fun?

do you have to know before the tourney who you are going to be with for doubles

what are crew fights?

when do you hve to register by?

Inui

Banned via Warnings
NY/NJ could definitely stand up to MD/VA, probably one of the only regions who could give them a serious run for their money.
I think NJ is the strongest state now overall. NY/NJ, imo, is better than MD/VA atm. A crew battle of top 10 vs top 10 would be close and exciting, though.

Inui

Banned via Warnings
Oh, btw, I'm going to need drivers for people I'm housing. Izumi can fit 5 people in his car. I might be able to get Magus to do stuff for people because he can get paid for it and play Melee at the tournament. In fact, I might have to. What other drivers am I housing? If you can drive and have no car, we can probably borrow my dad's car.

fkacyan

Smash Hero
So here's the deal, me orion and possibly baji are getting housed at inuis but we have no rides to / from Inui's. We'd be willing to chip in for gas etc, just send me an IM when I'm online if you have room for 1-3 people in your car.

EDIT: Inui beat me to it. gdammit.

Aposl

Smash Ace
This is God-is-my-Rock

If anyone in the MD/VA region that I know needs a ride and is willing to pay $40 for 2 nights at a hotel(Friday and Saturday) and $10 for gas, PM me

QUIVO

Smash Master
What several times are you talking about? I know MI has gone up like two or three times. Anther got 2nd? Lain got like 4th? Noj 7th? Oh yea, didn't sliq get 3rd with bowser?

zaf

Smash Lord
What several times are you talking about? I know MI has gone up like two or three times. Anther got 2nd? Lain got like 4th? Noj 7th? Oh yea, didn't sliq get 3rd with bowser?
I don't see a #1 there.
Lain lost to Ambrose last time.
Noj lost to nikcam, and got 7th or 9th.

Ambrose, kingace, holy, ally are ally going .
Thats enough to take out that 5 person crew you got.
and there will be Canadians there who can take the 5th spot in the crew who could devour you. Such as JL and Chesterr01. I will not mention myself because this is biased.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QnKJSahGoPk

Anth0ny

Smash Master
So from what I've seen, some of the "regional" crews we'll be seeing include:

-Canada
-MD/VA
-Midwest
-NY/NJ
-Texas
-Southeast?

And I'm sure I'm missing some. HYPE!

Status