• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

ToS Presents: CLASH OF THE TITANS 4 - Philadelphia, PA - Feb 7/8 NATIONAL!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Iwan

Smash Ace
safe to walk around at night around the venue?

I have mild insomnia soo.....yea........I probably just won't sleep. I won't get mugged walking around will I?

NOT THAT IT MATTERS SINCE I'M A BAD MUTHA.....uhhhh........:|....nevermind -_-.....

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
its on drexel campus so it should be good. theres public safety stationed at almost every street corner 24 hours a day. dont veture off campus much though or it will be a bad area lol. drexels nice though, dont worry. i guess il make a better, more involved map with everything

sidefx

Smash Champion
lol i more meant for fun, since il prob have drinks and snacks at my place while housin' u guys, i guess its more for pride. whoever wins gets that stuff set aside for themselves only and gets to eat/drink it while basking in their ROB glory. o wait, holy is also gonna be at my place. we need to do a ROB Round Robin lol.

na i dont mind, its a pretty awesome site. i was gonna make something myself as well but it got kind of confusing and what not. i have my own webserver, but since emailmeform doesnt require one, its quite convinient for a lot of ppl. it just doesnt support money.

no i dont mind that he happens to use the same site i used for a free online reg form. why do people get bringing this up? im not trying to be all crazy ultra protective of everything i do and i wont get angry if someone copies some of the stuff i do, everyone does it. and i dont need credit or something if you have a ruleset similar to mine or something. i already have enough credit with Chibo's Color Blind Rule :p

the deal with strife was that i had said on the thread here, im workin on a new first post, its gonna be awesome, look out for it. i spent a lot of time on it, and then when i release it he pretty much copy pasted the entire thing exactly with leaving in information that had pertained specifically to my tourney that didnt apply to his. but lets not get into this plz? its over. everyone can use what i do lol, just dont
ctrl + a
ctrl + c
ctrl + v

:p

kk cool thanks =)

yeah i got confused as well when i tried doing it from dreamweaver but oh well..

the form will kinda look the same ( since it requires some of the same fields) but not exactly. so its all good =D

Iwan

Smash Ace
its on drexel campus so it should be good. theres public safety stationed at almost every street corner 24 hours a day. dont veture off campus much though or it will be a bad area lol. drexels nice though, dont worry. i guess il make a better, more involved map with everything
=^__^=

Cool.

lol.

dookdigity

Smash Journeyman
Hey I am flying in from Phoenix, Arizona. I want to arrive sometime Friday afternoon/night depending on who can help me out. I need a place to crash at Friday night. Saturday I can just share a hotel with someone (unless somebody can donate 6x2 feet of their floorspace, it is all I need). I don't snore/stink/etc. Is there anyone that can help me out? It would be greatly appreciated.

Anth0ny

Smash Master
i cant get anyone internet at the venue. il only have the one laptop i need for livestream online. its cause to use drexel's wireless u have to register your laptop on their system by MAC address before hand, which not only complicates things, but to make it worse, each drexel student can only have 2 devices registered. if the place has a wired port then i might be able to hook u up, im gonna stop by the venue again this weekend, so il keep an eye out for it.

also a 2nd stream would be annoying with ppl having to choose between which to watch, but if your bringing a laptop with video encoder, i could really use it at one of the stations, as i might be short one. il talk to ya more about it later.

im doing a lot more cot4 work this weekend including -
*start filming for the documentary
*revisit the venue for even more specifics
*setup internet on whatever laptops i already have that will be there and test livestream on site
*test livestream + recording from the same setup (recording with commentary as well, perhaps record commentary AND game audio and have it as a dual audio source on the dvd u can switch between - EPIC!)
*im showing some of my crew the venue this weekend - first ppl to see it besides me and gotm - so they can give some outside opinions about how awesome it is lol
*various shopping for tourney supplies

etc
Awesome stuff.

I think the bolded point is especially important because I'm sure that many players would get turned off if the live stream setup lags. Which would make live stream= fail.

Also, lol at Niko wanting to get another stream going. I say go for it, but I'm 99% sure my PC wouldn't be able to handle two live streams at the same time LOL.

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
yea dont worry the tv wont lag at all. thats def not a course for concern. im a digital video pro, il have all this hooked up the most efficient way possible

Anth0ny

Smash Master
yea dont worry the tv wont lag at all. thats def not a course for concern. im a digital video pro, il have all this hooked up the most efficient way possible
goooood shit.

isai dropped out of a smash 64 tournament last weekend because he didnt want to play on a laggy projector LOL

Inui

Banned via Warnings
lol ally falcon and mario in the finals.....hahaha

no but fat crew would be....

me
candy
nacker
EE
pride
inui
chibo
fogo
well i dont no anyone else that wouldnt mind joining the fat crew...ps we are all sexy...LMAO!!
Sounds unstoppable.

Btw, Chibo, I hope I get to do some commentary considering how knowledgable and active I am in the community, as well as the fact that people regard me as the best TO in the area. :bee:

blakinola

Constantly Delicious
Sidetrack info:

If you still haven't found a place to stay, I have like 5 or 6 spots open. (futon/floor/whoever gets there first) for 10 bucks each day you stay there.

Please email me at theultimodragon2000@gmail.com or IM me at GrandMasterAk313 if you are interested. Act now before space fills up!

10advertisements

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
Where's the best philly cheese steak shop in the area? Only reason I'm comin' XD
pats and or genos (theyr across the street from each other). ur staying at inuis right? what time r u gonna be 'round here cause philly is sorta passing through it i think (possibly), and some of us are getting cheesesteaks there on friday night.

Sounds unstoppable.

Btw, Chibo, I hope I get to do some commentary considering how knowledgable and active I am in the community, as well as the fact that people regard me as the best TO in the area. :bee:
being a good TO != being a good commentator haha. ppl would be tired of hearing the word "garbage" every other sentance :laugh:
i also dont want to be trashtalked on the live feed of my own tourney...

yo ak - whos rob is that in ur sig? that combo u did on him was awesome

Inui

Banned via Warnings
Inui if you commentate you have to go for at least 5 minutes without talking about yourself :laugh:
I'm not quite as bad as Jason, so don't worry. :laugh:

ChiboSempai said:
being a good TO != being a good commentator haha. ppl would be tired of hearing the word "garbage" every other sentance
It certainly helps, as well as being a top player.

I can replace "garbage" with other words and even say positive things possibly. :bee:

teh_spamerer said:
Not even your own crew agrees with you on that
Most people I ask, especially my crew, say I'm the best/one of the best they've seen. I don't know what you're talking about with this. My events are ran extremely smoothly. They consistently finish before other events in the area despite being larger.

Solid Jake

The Arcanum
Just a heads up
on the official live commentary, commentators will be strongly restricted
We have many reasons for this, but basically it has to be kept as professional as possible. You really wouldnt believe the number of PM's ive received about this. Chibo will be enforcing it, along with blackmage, Dazwa, and Diem. In the end there simply cannot be any swearing, or foul language.

Now we would like to give people opportunities at this, interview players, and what not but everyone will have to be patient because there will not be random people jumping in on the mic at a regular basis
Yes we know its fun, we want you all to have an amazing time, but we have our reasons :D

_Yes!_

Smash Hero
jake we should snake costume mm...but not for money... and... i'm dont really have a snake costume it's more big boss...

Anth0ny

Smash Master
Just a heads up
on the official live commentary, commentators will be strongly restricted
We have many reasons for this, but basically it has to be kept as professional as possible. You really wouldnt believe the number of PM's ive received about this. Chibo will be enforcing it, along with blackmage, Dazwa, and Diem. In the end there simply cannot be any swearing, or foul language. UNLESS SOME REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEAL CRAZY **** HAPPENS SON, THEN WE CAN GO BANANAS.

Now we would like to give people opportunities at this, interview players, and what not but everyone will have to be patient because there will not be random people jumping in on the mic at a regular basis
Yes we know its fun, we want you all to have an amazing time, but we have our reasons :D
Fixed for truth :)

Sounds like a good idea, but I'm hoping that we could get some guest commentary once in a while.

But at the same time, as long as Diem is making me lol, I could really care less :laugh:

Alex Strife

Smash Hero
im only offering a light reply since this is all out in the open now unfortunately, no need to comment on all of it though. i still dont see how im acting to be an elitist, it was a coincidence that you brought up again. i do not think im above everyone else, and dont see how. the only thing remotely like that iv said recently, is when people are trying to run my f'in tourney and i tell em to back off which is only appropriate. there are plenty more things i could say, but il respectfully refrain from doing so.

And I told you talk to me on aim.

And I still stand by the acting elistist online only because you do come off extremely arrogant.

As far as teh opening post I said many times my view so again I stand by what I said to stop trying to bring up things you know are being taken care of.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom