• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Top ten at Apex 2013 predictions.

Van.

Smash Ace
I think this thread would be more fun if we argued about who has a better chance of beating Armada. Hbox and Mango have the best chance in my opinion. I have very little faith in dr. pp, but i would say he has the third best chance, he could do it

M2K and KK are the only other ones with signifigant chances, they both have decent outside shots

Shroomed

Smash Master
I think this thread would be more fun if we argued about who has a better chance of beating Armada. Hbox and Mango have the best chance in my opinion. I have very little faith in dr. pp, but i would say he has the third best chance, he could do it

M2K and KK are the only other ones with signifigant chances, they both have decent outside shots
I thought I didn't do too bad vs him =D

:phone:

ShroudedOne

Smash Hero
Premium
If I said that I think that Armada is less invincible than Mango partly because he plays Peach, I might get a lot of negative remarks. But I think that has something to do with it.

In any case, I think that we are presupposing too much. Armada vs Mango GFs might not even happen, if players like PP, Hbox, M2K, KK, Shroomed, etc. step their game up.

EDIT: Sorry Kevin. D:

Wake

Smash Master
If I said that I think that Armada is less invincible than Mango partly because he plays Peach, I might get a lot of negative remarks. But I think that has something to do with it.

In any case, I think that we are presupposing too much. Armada vs Mango GFs might not even happen, if players like PP, Hbox, M2K, KK, Shroomed, etc. step their game up immensely.
I think it does too, actually.

ShroudedOne

Smash Hero
Premium
Pound V....Smasher's Reunion...and......?

I imagine I'm forgetting one, but I can't recall.

JPOBS

Smash Hero
Mango pretty much will only lose to Armada. I don't even think anyone else is close

Armada could realistically lose to mango, hbox, PP, Shroomed, Hax, S2j, KK, M2k, in my opinion

Blistering Speed

Smash Champion
Mango pretty much will only lose to Armada. I don't even think anyone else is close

Armada could realistically lose to mango, hbox, PP, Shroomed, Hax, S2j, KK, M2k, in my opinion
It's amazing how Armada manages to keep winning everything, despite this multitude of people he's likely to lose to.

The Star King

Smash Hero
PP has shown himself to be a greater threat to Mango than some of the fishier people on the "could beat Armada" list.

Wake

Smash Master
Let's not forget that PP also beat Mango in WFs at Impulse.

Also, let's not forget that Mango 2 stocked and then double 3 stocked Bladewise at a tourney after Rule 6.

Juggleguy

Smash Grimer
Premium
After seeing Mango's Falcon roll through some of the best Peaches in North America (VaNz, Vwins, Bladewise, Darkatma) these past few months, I'm now genuinely interested in seeing him bring out the Falcon against Armada.

Beat!

Smash Master

S2J has yet to even take a game from Armada, but he's still a realistic contender? What about all the people that have taken games (or even sets) from Mango? Armada, KK, Shroomed, BladeWise, PPU, Hbox, M2K, PP, Hax, Kels, Darkrain, Taj, and I've probably forgotten several others.

Habefiet

Smash Journeyman
When's the last time S2J has played Armada?

I though PP had played you more often, KK. Sorry. :(
They've played in Round 2 of Winners like three times in a row, haven't they? I know they played at Apex, pretty sure they played at Genesis 2, might have even played before that. Kinda like how Kirbykaze keeps being on Mango's side of the bracket at big things.

MaskedMarth

Smash Ace
Also, let's not forget that Mango 2 stocked and then double 3 stocked Bladewise at a tourney after Rule 6.
I think Mango is good at wrecking people who upset him once, like Kage and Taj. He still lost though, which means empirically he's not invincible enough to say "Mango pretty much will only lose to Armada. I don't even think anyone else is close."

JPOBS

Smash Hero
S2J has yet to even take a game from Armada, but he's still a realistic contender? What about all the people that have taken games (or even sets) from Mango? Armada, KK, Shroomed, BladeWise, PPU, Hbox, M2K, PP, Hax, Kels, Darkrain, Taj, and I've probably forgotten several others.
I'll give you PP and Armada, but I dont think I need to explain why none of those other guys are qualifiers honestly. This isn't a list of everyone who has ever beat armada or mango, its a list of people I think stand a chance at beating them at apex. I would even put leffen in my Armada list (ntsc), except that I dont think leffen would make it far enough to have a shot at armada in an american bracket, he'd probably get rolled by any number of other guys.

Then again, its really just my opinion. If you honestly think Bladewise and Kels etc are a realistic threat to mango, then whatever.

Habefiet

Smash Journeyman
I think Mango is good at wrecking people who upset him once, like Kage and Taj. He still lost though, which means empirically he's not invincible enough to say "Mango pretty much will only lose to Armada. I don't even think anyone else is close."
...Okay yes Mango's really good at wrecking people who upset him once, but what's to keep him from getting upsetted again then by some new upset-maker? Armada doesn't wreck people who upset him once because he never gets upsetted. :p (would upsetted be the past tense of upset? Help me out here people) Everyone IS aware that he's dropped exactly two sets in over a year and a half, right? And that those losses were in Grand Finals to amazing players that he went on to beat?

I'll give Mango fanboys damn near everything they want--I'm a bit of one myself--but Armada is so consistent as to be ridiculous. Be honest, people who think Armada is "fragile" to some of these not-quite-god-tier-just-yet-players--you'd be surprised as **** if Armada actually lost to some of the people that you're listing. Remember that in over three years he's only dropped sets to five separate people, only two of him have ever taken a set again and who then lost to him at the end anyway.

My personal honest opinion is that Mango and Armada are roughly equivalent in skill and that if you took both of them at some indiscriminate point in time that they were both fully practiced and had them play five sets a day for a couple weeks, they'd come out almost exactly even at the end, and the two of them would beat everybody else by varying degrees. If they're both on point at Apex, they'll be in Grand Finals, and the winner will be whoever is slightly more clutch at that point in time.

My thoughts.

Top Bottom