• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Top Foxes

unknown522

Some guy
Pretty much, when I was playing zelgadis in pools, I had a 3-stock lead in the last match but then I was suddenly missing L-cancels while he was camping the ledge, then I got b-throw -> shined 3 times. It also wouldn't full-shield after the set when I tried it out (because I thought it was just me messing up). I forfeited to Raynex because he somehow ended up in my pool and I couldn't use any of the controllers that people lent to me. Then I forfeited to the rest of my pool. I'm so glad that I played azen before the controller broke though. I almost took the first game off him.

So, after we got back to Canada, I opened it up and the black part that the button is attached to (with the spring around it) literally came out in 3 pieces. I was like "oh. That's why....."

BigD!!!

Smash Lord
i have some really broken in control sticks, but i feel like i have less control with them

im also not max technical or anything, but mine generally get loose around the middle as they get loose elsewhere and that makes stuff less precise

i cant short hop with the stick on my controller anymore, and thats normally how i always did shdl with fox

JPOBS

Smash Hero
a "fox controller' would be optimized to the player and i dont think you could have a universally good controller that all fox mains like because it really depends on what sorts of Techniques you pirze more highly. Stiff sticks are better for jumping/vertical movement but loosesticks are better for horizontal movement. obiously a middle ground stick would be awesome, but if i had to choose i'd rather take a stiffer stick cuz i joystick jump for all sorts of stuff and i HATE gttign stuck in shines because the controller doesnt register my jumps.

Mad J

Smash Cadet
Im the opposite i like the feeling of a new controller. Mostly the joystick... i feel like when i have a controller thats really worked in i tend to get lazy with my inputs, or i tend to put them into fast... but with a newer controller i seem to have better control with my inputs...

Top fox probably Jman...
Favorite fox Raynex

Lovage

Smash Hero
i could write a lot about my controller, why it's great and whats wrong with it. maybe i will sometime

Toobz

Smash Journeyman
Gotta have a decent controller in order to play spacies. If you don't have a great controller, you can always camp with bairs though :)

RaynEX

Colonel RTSD
Jman is getting beast. I.B. and I were talking about how much he's improved last night. Check out his friendlies vs. Darkrain from Pound 4. I specifically recommend match 2.

Eggm

Smash Hero
PC still has his magic. He beat me in a very close GF's set a few weekends ago. You guys should checkout the vids. They are in the video thread section. He's too good at tech chasing lol.

ZoSo

Smash Champion
RaynEX said I'm his favorite Smasher and I play Fox so... yeah. Eat it.

_wzrd

Smash Journeyman
mmmm i love mangos fox, too fun to watch. its prolly my favorite fox to watch. m2ks is **** too, but i like his marf more. pc chris is also extremely fun to watch, i love his style and swaggaa, too good pc. kdjs fox was sexy while it lasted too.

SheerMadness

Smash Master
Oh wow I never thought mango's fox was anything special...

But those armada friendlies were pretty hot. Mango was putting some crazy shield pressure on him. I guess his Fox is pretty beastly judging by those vids lol.

I still think Colbol has the most control and pure potential. He just does really risky **** which can turn bad and sometimes he chokes under pressure. Players like PC and Jman are probably more consistent.

iamthemicrowave

Smash Master
Oh wow I never thought mango's fox was anything special...

But those armada friendlies were pretty hot. Mango was putting some crazy shield pressure on him. I guess his Fox is pretty beastly judging by those vids lol.

I still think Colbol is the best Fox though. He just does really risky **** which can turn bad and sometimes he chokes under pressure. Players like PC and Jman are probably more consistent.
sorry but mango has the best fox and if you disagree you are dumb as a post.

SheerMadness

Smash Master
Nah I think you're dumb as a post. Mango could have the best fox. But how could any of us possibly know that until he starts going all Fox in tourney. It's all speculation until then.

Johann

Smash Cadet
After watching mango' s fox vs armada I considered his fox best.
Then I saw his fox get ***** by hbox.
For now I'll just say the top foxes are really good, but we can't say who the best is.
If a fox ever beats mango's puff, he can take that title.

TheZhuKeeper

Smash Champion
Jman is like a Darkrain. Simple (in the best way possible) / beat down.
Lucky is like a Hax. Weird movement / weird overall.
m2k is like a SS. Overall pretty defensive but confident as **** when necessary.
Mango is like a Scar. Aggressive all the time and does weird **** and somehow makes it work.

I'm like a runner. I run.

Top Bottom