• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Top Foxes

duyzee

Smash Cadet
I think the top Foxs who main him, are between JMan, Lucky, RaynEX, possibly Lovage, PC and Silent Wolf.
People who generally use him as a secondary or tertiary are M2K, Mango, Shiz and Zhu.
I don't know much about Europeans but they're good. I don't know where to put Cactuar.. in my list.

Crimson)S(hadow

Smash Apprentice
currently the best fox is hands down mango. i mean he's mother****ing MANGO idk if armada was serious in those friendlies, but mango 7-1 or 8-1 what every other fox couldn't winning a set against.

i think if m2k played fox, he'd rival or possibly be higher then mango. all his good vids are always lost, and the only glimpse we see of m2k playing well is that fox ditto vs PC from pound on corneria.

right now i'd say m2k's fox is near or maybe a little bit above jman's level. lucky is pretty close too

other good foxes are
raynex,
colbol,
shiz,
silentwolf,
lovage,
pc chris (hope he unrusts and wins the norcal good player funded tourny)
luninspectre (dropped down in rank but still my favourite fox just cuz i think lunin is cool)

Karibola

Smash Apprentice
I find it really funny how everybody includes lovage but leaves out zgetto and remen. Also how the hell do you make a list of good foxes and include lovage but not jman and lucky. WTF.

fLoAtiN

Smash Cadet
colbol has become my favorite fox. he's so fun to watch.
mango's is best now though.

Animal

Smash Lord
calle w even tho he dont main him. i ****ing love calle w. colbol is so nicee. Animals pretty legit.

Flamin Roy

Smash Ace
we already know who the top foxes are we just have to consider who does the best in all matchups like lets say my tops were(just an example by the way)
1)mango
2)PC/m2k
3)Jman
4)Lucky
5)Raynex/colbol
Mango would be 1st because he performs well vs all characters
PC and M2k do well but lose to jiggs alot(once again just an example) which would auto put them in second because mango wins in more match ups then they do against people of the same level and the list goes on maybe we need to start considerin that Just saying:embarrass

Decipio-Carmen

Smash Apprentice
imo

1. M2K with a good fox controller
2. Pc/mango
3. M2k without a good fox controller
4. Jman

ken and kdj are extinct </3

funnest to watch in no particular order: mango, m2k, dark, silentwolf, colbol, zhu, raynex :D

SheerMadness

Smash Master
I think Colbol is the best fox main when hes on point. Just my opinion *****es so don't try to call me out.

No other Fox does anywhere near as good vs Shiz.

No other Fox beats hungrybox where colbol has won just as many sets vs hbox as hbox as won vs him.

Oh yah and the kid is mad humble. Too good.

duyzee

Smash Cadet
I think Colbol had a lot of experience against Hungrybox though no?

TemPesT-

Smash Lord
I agree with duyzee, I kind of vaguely remember hbox talking about a fox (who i'd never heard of prior) i think he was called angrylobsters or something lobsters, from FL (same place as hbox) and because they played a lot together, his fox was doing really good vs hbox, but the point is that doesn't mean he's an extremely good player in general.

i DO love colbols fox tho.

Blistering Speed

Smash Champion
Colbol is good, needs to travel to prove himself though. More relevant is his ability to beat Hungrybox and make people shut up about Jiggs.

Has anyone else noticed Jman's getting really reallly good and better and better all the time? Seriously.

Kite91

Mada Mada Dane
Thought id start posting in diff threads

Apex is only a few months away guys, May 30th is the last day to register before the price is raised, so come on and register. Right now only about 17 ppl have registered. http://apex.vgbootcamp.com/
Im trying to help out Strife by doing this.

JPOBS

Smash Hero
Jman is mad good and i wanna see him do really well.

he's really got to bring it though. i think he's the fox closest to cracking the top echelon group

SheerMadness

Smash Master
Colbol had great placings (usually between like 7th to 17th) when he traveled to national tourneys semi-regularly 2-3 years ago. And that was 2-3 years ago so hes gotten 20 times better.

He just hasn't been traveling much lately. IMO Colbol is one of those players that has the potential to beat literally any player in the world on any given day.

trahhSTEEZY

Smash Champion
I think Colbol is the best fox main when hes on point. Just my opinion *****es so don't try to call me out.

No other Fox does anywhere near as good vs Shiz.

No other Fox beats hungrybox where colbol has won just as many sets vs hbox as hbox as won vs him.

Oh yah and the kid is mad humble. Too good.
nah, mango pc and jman all seem to be overall better.

no other fox's do as well because they play eachother all the time, same with shiz. they're all floridians...

SheerMadness

Smash Master
nah, mango pc and jman all seem to be overall better.

no other fox's do as well because they play eachother all the time, same with shiz. they're all floridians...
Overall better because they go to more national tourneys? Seems more like an opinion to me than a fact.

Theres also 80 other florida foxes that play vs them as much as Colbol. Sure it helps to have experience vs them but clearly it far more to do with his skill level rather than experience. I live in Florida and have been playing shiz, chops, and hbox for years but they still own me because I'm not on their skill level.

All you have to do is go watch matches/find results of Colbol vs the top players in the world to realize that he has the potential to beat anyone on any given day.

- He goes 50/50 with hbox
- Usually takes games off Shiz where almost no other fox does.
- Like Shiz, really the only Fox that beats Chops in tourney
- Beat Lucky 3-1 losers final of a Florida tourney
- Lost to Mango 2-1 (1-1 in fox dittos) in winners of a FL tourney. Lost 3-0 to Mango in GF (but watch the matches they're all very close except the 3rd)
- Lost to M2K 2-1 last time they played
- Has won and lost sets to Dr. PP

You can go on and on. The kid has more than proven his skill level is on par with the top players in the world. He just doesn't travel enough to get recognition like Jman or PC.

Anyway, again its all opinions. Just because I think Colbol is easily one of the best Foxes in the country doesn't make me right. And just because some of you think hes not doesn't make you right either lol.

trahhSTEEZY

Smash Champion
Overall better because they go to more national tourneys? Seems more like an opinion to me than a fact.

Theres also 80 other florida foxes that play vs them as much as Colbol. Sure it helps to have experience vs them but clearly it far more to do with his skill level rather than experience. I live in Florida and have been playing shiz, chops, and hbox for years but they still own me because I'm not on their skill level.

All you have to do is go watch matches/find results of Colbol vs the top players in the world to realize that he has the potential to beat anyone on any given day.

- He goes 50/50 with hbox
- Usually takes games off Shiz where almost no other fox does.
- Like Shiz, really the only Fox that beats Chops in tourney
- Beat Lucky 3-1 losers final of a Florida tourney
- Lost to Mango 2-1 (1-1 in fox dittos) in winners of a FL tourney. Lost 3-0 to Mango in GF (but watch the matches they're all very close except the 3rd)
- Lost to M2K 2-1 last time they played
- Has won and lost sets to Dr. PP

You can go on and on. The kid has more than proven his skill level is on par with the top players in the world. He just doesn't travel enough to get recognition like Jman or PC.

Anyway, again its all opinions. Just because I think Colbol is easily one of the best Foxes in the country doesn't make me right. And just because some of you think hes not doesn't make you right either lol.
What i meant with the experience vs hbox, is that i'm sure if any other top level fox such as jman, pc, mango or whatever would play hbox as much as colbol, they would do as well if not better. It's not the fact that he does well out of all the foxes in florida, it's that hes a top level fox with lots of experience vs hbox. This same concept applies to the DSW/Chops situation. If other foxs played them as consistently as colbol, they'd probably be doing just as good.

I don't agree at all with "clearly it far more to do with his skill level rather than experience"

I mean, I could go and say that lucky does the best with fox vs mango in tourny, therefore he's like the best fox pretty much. But thats simply because mango and lucky play together alot. It's like others have said earlier, certain people can do really well against top level players because of their experience played with them, but then go off and not do so good against other high level players. This applies to colbol IMO.

Comparing colbol to shiz or hbox jsut cuhz he does well against them due to his experience shouldn't mean he's put in the same level as them. These players place/have placed extremely well OOS. can't say the same for colbol honestly. I don't do enough research on him placing wise but I have watched him play alot and he is good, but no way can he 'beat anyone on a good day' thats just simply not true and fanboy status if you ask me.

Oh and lastly, it's more than just 'recognition' when it comes to playing OOS. It's simply experience with loads of new people. That's where colbol falls, i guarantee he would lose to alot of the top players in each state that isnt his own. Statistics of him going 1-2, 0-3 in all those matches don't really prove much to me

I know it's just your opinion but i'm just throwing mine out there too. I honestly don't think colbol is even top5 foxiez

SheerMadness

Smash Master
Wowowow. Not even in top 5? I think you're insane. But its your opinion so I won't bash it.

Definitely not a fan boy. Biased? Yes I am as he has been in my crew for 4-5 years.

And I think anyone whos ever played against Colbol knows hes 1 of the top foxes in the world.

Like I said he used to place very well when he went to national tourneys, he just doesn't really go anymore.

Honestly I probably shouldnt even be posting here. Kid is mad humble and probably wouldnt like me talking him up like this.

RaynEX

Colonel RTSD
Its always fun watching players from the South try to hype ****. Yes, Colbol may do well against all these incredible skilled Southern players that people have trouble beating, but thats because he LIVES THERE.

He's definitely top 5, but not because he consistently beats or goes even with people he plays on a regular basis. : /

edit: Lovage is the best Fox is the world. Love stop beasting please.

PEEF!

Smash Hero
Wowowow. Not even in top 5? I think you're insane. But its your opinion so I won't bash it.

Definitely not a fan boy. Biased? Yes I am as he has been in my crew for 4-5 years.

And I think anyone whos ever played against Colbol knows hes 1 of the top foxes in the world.

Like I said he used to place very well when he went to national tourneys, he just doesn't really go anymore.

Honestly I probably shouldnt even be posting here. Kid is mad humble and probably wouldnt like me talking him up like this.
No. Colbol lost to some Luigi at Geneisis. It wasn't even Pakman. Boooo.

Lucky.

S l o X

Smash Champion
basically ec foxs **** and then wc foxs and then south.

pc being the best fox [not to get anyone confused, every fox looks amazing]

SheerMadness

Smash Master
So cause Mango is the best his opinions are fact?? That's a pretty lame argument.

It's all opinions, matchups and playstyles. Yes Colbol did bad at Genesis but Jman placed pretty poorly too. There weren't any Fox mains in the top 10 I don't think. None of them did well...

I bet Shiz and Hbox think Colbol is easily top 5 foxes and they're both top 5 in the country.

Pi

Smash Hero
So cause Mango is the best hes opinions are fact?? That's a pretty lame argument.

It's all opinions, matchups and playstyles. Yes Colbol did bad at Genesis but Jman placed pretty poorly too. There weren't any Fox mains in the top 10 I don't think. None of them did well...

I bet Shiz and Hbox think Colbol is easily top 5 foxes and they're both top 5 in the country.
Sheer I agree with you
Col Bol is a monster
****in guy
lol

And some facts, it's not like shiz, and hbox, and col bol were together all the time at smashfests practicing vs each other.

Col Bol and chops were though, chops trained the **** out of col bol and they know each others playstyles as much as you can when each players adapts as much as they do.

Chops is amazing, Col Bol is amazing

But ya, he doesn't go to OoS tourney's so there's not much to say in the way of that

I'll tell you this though, if you seriously him you'll know
The kids a beast
He doesn't gay out either, he just put constant well timed spaced and executed pressure on you till you die.
He follows through on every one of the combo's he knows, and every one he just invents, I honestly don't understand how he has that much knowledge of the game without having actual -knowledge-of-the-game-

So cause Mango is the best hes opinions are fact?? That's a pretty lame argument.

jmans controller got stolen lol. plus i think that guy was just kidding >_> quit being so defensive

trahhSTEEZY

Smash Champion

When you say it like that it sounds lame, yeah. But I say that because if he's the best chances are he can see who's better than who on a higher scale than most of us posting really i'm sure :embarrass

also i am not arguing that he isn't an amazing player cause he is. there's just alot of good *** experienced foxes out there right now to consider.

Top Bottom