• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Top Foxes

RaynEX

Colonel RTSD
imo... dark is pretty good, even more than you think
Dark is overly technical. He's so fun to watch, but I can't imagine that style being practical and constantly applicable in tournament matches. Imagine going through 2-3 day major tournaments playing insane amounts of matches like that.

cykofox

Smash Ace
Dark is overly technical. He's so fun to watch, but I can't imagine that style being practical and constantly applicable in tournament matches. Imagine going through 2-3 day major tournaments playing insane amounts of matches like that.
I think its worth noting that Dark plays exclusively with the same people only, and is no representation of how he would do against others.

Overly technical players ALWAYS have the option of playing smarter and turning the techskill down a little bit, or overwhelming your opponent with pressure due to insane amounts of techskill(shizwiz style)

RaynEX

Colonel RTSD
Many of the top Foxes have their own individualized plans when approaching certain match-ups. I think one of the more interesting aspects of our character is his ability to be rewarding using either audacious or methodical manners of play.

Lucky, for example, has this technique and style that categorically dismantles all Falcons.

Jman is the same, except I see it more when he does the Fox ditto or the Marth MU.

What is the Fox board's opinion of Mango's Fox? Do we have enough information to identify what kind of Fox he has? I'm sure we can all agree, its just a little bit unconventional. It does get the job done though, as seen in those friendlies v Armada's Peach from Pound.

Lovage

Smash Hero
as someone who plays mangos fox a lot
its the scariest thing in the world lol, hes without a doubt the best fox and it's probably his best character when hes playing well and warmed up

he's insanely fast and even if he didn't know which way you were going (which he does like 90% of the time,) his reactions are so good he can catch all your rolls and tech rolls with shine umash lol.

and omg his dash dancing is so beautiful. that's the #1 thing that annihilates people when he uses fox. every dash is placed so perfectly that he can cover like all of your options while keeping himself totally protected, it's ********. so he knows your tendencies and then spaces himself to punish what you're most likely gonna do, but even if you don't, he's still safe from anything unexpected you might do. it's really impressive lol.

Karibola

Smash Apprentice
We definitely need more videos of mango's fox. Like every fox player died over those 6 friendlies from pound 4 with armada, we need more.

My opinion of mango's fox is that it is just very good tech skill combined with godlike approaches and reads.

Animal

Smash Lord
as someone who plays mangos fox a lot
its the scariest thing in the world lol, hes without a doubt the best fox and it's probably his best character when hes playing well and warmed up

he's insanely fast and even if he didn't know which way you were going (which he does like 90% of the time,) his reactions are so good he can catch all your rolls and tech rolls with shine umash lol.

and omg his dash dancing is so beautiful. that's the #1 thing that annihilates people when he uses fox. every dash is placed so perfectly that he can cover like all of your options while keeping himself totally protected, it's ********. so he knows your tendencies and then spaces himself to punish what you're most likely gonna do, but even if you don't, he's still safe from anything unexpected you might do. it's really impressive lol.
Thats the second person to say Mangos fox is the most scary/intimidating thing they ever faced (Fly amanitia) being the second. More foxxxxxxx

Lovage

Smash Hero
Oscar

is Mango good at the Fox ditto? What would you say are his better MUs with his playstyle being taken into consideration?
lol i don't meat ride mango often cuz i know him well enough in real life for it to be gay

but lemme say.....

you dont know true fear until you play mango in fox dittos when hes warmed up. his best matchups with fox are prolly spacies...but his peach/sheik/falcon matchups are still amazing

ZoSo

Smash Champion
Mango is clearly the best. Possibly Jman when he's playing incredibly well, but that's rare.

Dark is entertaining but pretty terrible, imo.

BigD!!!

Smash Lord
if kels was as good vs space animals as he is vs all the other characters he would be getting way more love in here

and he still beat remen and eggm at pound 4 who are getting mentioned a ton in this thread

no offense remen and eggm

but yeah for real, kels isnt too special vs fox and falco and thats mostly what gets publicity in a thread like this, but he absolutely wrecks marth, falcon, climbers, and jiggs, and is pretty good vs sheik samus and all those other jokers as well

BigD!!!

Smash Lord
not just wrecked

basically 3 stocked both matches, if you count taj's suicide out of despair then the 2nd match was a 4 stock

BluePeachy100

Smash Champion
Didn't I beat you with Luigi? lol
[late]
I never played against you in my life. I'm serious. I don't even know what you look like TBH xD (or are you very forgettable? No offense I wouldn't know, if that's the case, could you refresh my memory on when this was? I honestly don't remember ever playing you, friendlies, or anything... ._. unless this was like AToB2 or something meaning you beat someone who was playing for about two weeks and are proud of that, or whatever.)

The list of people I've yet to play from NY State actually, despite seeing them in tournament, (Melee anyway):

PikaPika
Mana
You(to the best of my knowledge)

------

On topic note, Dark would not **** RaynEX or ZoSo, you best be trollin, son.

ViciousEnd

Smash Journeyman
[late]
I never played against you in my life. I'm serious. I don't even know what you look like TBH xD (or are you very forgettable? No offense I wouldn't know, if that's the case, could you refresh my memory on when this was? I honestly don't remember ever playing you, friendlies, or anything... ._. unless this was like AToB2 or something meaning you beat someone who was playing for about two weeks and are proud of that, or whatever.)

The list of people I've yet to play from NY State actually, despite seeing them in tournament, (Melee anyway):

PikaPika
Mana
You(to the best of my knowledge)
It was AToB2. But other than playing you in friendlies (you didn't enter singles), I only remember you shouting stuff from west coast commentary.

PB&J

Smash Hero
i like mangos fox in teams. he just runs around and destroys everything around him while playing safe..pretty good

Top Bottom