• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Unity Ruleset: Discussion

Bizkit047

Smash Lord
The Snake problem is hilarious because there's A) Very rarely any Diddies good enough to take out Fatal/Bizkit. B) very rarely any MK players performing well enough. and C) very rarely any Falcos, either.

Or DDD's.

or Marth's.

Snake is good though.
Not sure if serious. Judging by other posts I see by you, unfortunately you probably are.

We have TONS of Diddys in NE, Pelca's/TeeVee's are up there, BC/Koolaid/etc have good MKs that go even with or beat us. And very rarely any Falcos? For real? We have like two top Falco's on the east coast in NE. Fatal and I just know all those matchups by now.

ADHD

Smash Hero
See, I've been wondering. I hear a ton of *****ing about MK winning all the big events... But it seems to be always the same people, plus in most regions, it seems like the biggest names are usually not MKs. Sure, there's always an MK or two on the PR somewhere, but that's not "ridiculously dominant". And of course MK is going to win most of the money. Did you guys see Ally ****** with Wario? The people who are winning these tournaments are genuinely amazing players. A lot of the very best players in one very, very strong region are MK mains. It's the end of the world.

Like, just to make this point painfully clear, I could not name more than one or two MKs in any region outside of AN... And AN has (I could be wrong here...) Nairo, Ksizzl, M2K, Anti, Atomsk (did ally move there yet?)... You get the point. We have kind of a similar effect at german nationals... Yeah, MK wins almost all the tournaments. That's because Staco is the best player in Germany by a fairly wide margin, not because he's an overdominant threat.
Good players are flocking to the best character.. that's no surprise. Anyone who mains a non-mk character for a long time will soon be consistently beaten by him. Ally/Anti have lots of secondaries to switch up their playstyles, and a couple of them do great against Mew2king as gimmicks, but do you feel that if they consistently went Wario against metaknights that they would arise on top constantly?

Gimmicks and luck beat the character. The straight fact is that he should never be losing.

san.

1/Sympathy = Divide By Zero
NNID
Sansoldier
3DS FC
4957-2846-2924
I dunno. Most of the players I see being actually successful use MK as a secondary at least.

-Ran

Smash Master
It's really hard to argue that people aren't using MK a significant amount, even as a secondary. Players that use MK in some capacity:
Top 100 - 47.
Top 200 - 85.
Top 500 - 176.

Side = Amount of character use.
Bottom = Where on the top 500 list it falls. Data was taken in batches of twenty.

Metaknight - 35.20%
Snake - 14.60% [58.5% reduction from MK levels]
Diddy - 9.20% [73.9% reduction from MK levels.] [37% reduction vs Snake's.]
Falco - 9.20% [73.9% reduction from MK levels.] [37% reduction vs Snake's.]

I eventually plan on doing it for every character. Counting is boring though. =/

Ripple

ᗣᗣᗣᗣ ᗧ·····•·····
no MK is worth mentioning that isn't m2k, ally, atomsk, or nairo

Blacknight99923

Smash Champion
Which is why we should open a community poll

Not to ban MK, but to see how many people are on each side.

I can also tell you that an enormous fraction of the NYC scene disapproves of MK's legality, if that counts for anything...
I can also tell you that an enormous fraction of the socal scene disapproves of 2 ******** stages being on at the same time, but have no issue with metaknights exsistence (that being said the two stages in questions are very unique to say the least)

I guess people have different ways of looking at the problem.

If there is a high demand for an MK Banned Tourney at the moment, then an MK banned tourney would receive hype generally receive since an MK banned tourney is in short supply.

That's assuming demand is high for an MK banned tourney.

If that hasn't been the case as of late, then it's probably safe to say the demand for an MK banned tourney isn't that high :\

Since I haven't heard of any hyped MK banned tournies, then I feel safe to assume the demand just isn't there to warrant a global rulesset change.
I agree with this, mks only getting banned if mk ban tournaments become more popular

In SoFla the only person that consistently places top 5 with MK is also just a really really good player. (Seibrik) He still has a good DDD, Wario.

90% of the top MKs have ridiculously good secondaries- It's not the character, it's the person controlling the character. These good MK players would still be good w/o MK. If you think that it's easy to use MK at a competitive level, then you're ****ing crazy. Everybody knows the match-up.
I agree with this too.

Top mks generally have **** secondaries, they are not top players because they picked metaknight LMAO

no MK is worth mentioning that isn't m2k, ally, atomsk, or nairo
because atomsk's metaknight is clearly better than tyrants seibriks and ANTi's

also my two cents

I wonder if m2k would have suceeded in timing Bizkit out if the timer was raised

Tesh

Smash Hero
Its true Flayl.

If this game didn't ledges or timers or stages or players, Metaknight wouldn't be an issue.

Cassio

Smash Master
You guys want more community support on the ban, yet dont want to acknowledge what a large portion of the community prefers. Sticking your nose up about it wont change anything.
I dunno. Most of the players I see being actually successful use MK as a secondary at least.
The most succesful players use multiple characters in general. Obviously theres exceptions.

Tesh

Smash Hero
Everyone should honestly just main MK. MK dittos aren't even that bad to watch if you have an LGL.

ADHD

Smash Hero
Precisely :troll:
How is that sheik matchup goin for ya :troll:

I used to be so good, not even just the factor of people not knowing how to fight me back then.. I legitimately was alot better than I am now. Maybe I'll step it up a notch with practice ..sigh.

Judo777

Smash Master
I can also tell you that an enormous fraction of the socal scene disapproves of 2 ******** stages being on at the same time, but have no issue with metaknights exsistence (that being said the two stages in questions are very unique to say the least)

I guess people have different ways of looking at the problem.

I agree with this, mks only getting banned if mk ban tournaments become more popular

I agree with this too.

Top mks generally have **** secondaries, they are not top players because they picked metaknight LMAO

because atomsk's metaknight is clearly better than tyrants seibriks and ANTi's

also my two cents

I wonder if m2k would have suceeded in timing Bizkit out if the timer was raised
But that's old news. MK players have been playing an uphill battle on MU knowledge since the game came out. Very rarely do I ever see an MK player know a certain MU that isn't like the top 5 characters better than the other player knowing the MK MU.

I guarantee that EVERY MK I have ever played doesn't know the Sheik MU as well as I know the MK MU. Too bad its an uphill battle in sheer character traits to even it out.

ZTD | TECHnology

Developing New TECHnology
I dunno man, that Grab Release to DACUS too good.

Okay we should probably venture back to a relevant topic as much as I enjoy playing around in this thread.

Cassio

Smash Master
@ESAM it was for the people who posted right before me.

So...stages aside is there anything else the BBRRC is working on or discussing?

ZTD | TECHnology

Well, we are discussing reviving public live chats like we did that one time. If we did it probably be a once a month thing. In short, we stream the discussions (talk with mics) and people could ask us questions, propose things. We're still talking about it but I personally think it would be a good idea since you guys would be able to openly communicate with us in real time. I mean this is assuming the public is open to this of course.

ZTD | TECHnology

The last time we had this discussion we clearly stated that MK ban discussions were outlawed during the chat. It worked out just fine ...until someone's internet failed and the discussion had to end early lol Granted we don't have that problem again I forsee this working out pretty well. Its really simple. Stay on topic with and we get to continue the discussion. Besides its not like we couldn't remove those people.

Tesh

Smash Hero
Tech Chase seems like a really cool guy, he should start his own back room with all the cool people.

ZTD | TECHnology

idk how to skype :c
Skype is super easy to use actually. However we may also just use an outside site and stream it. That part is not important yet however. What is though is bringing all of us together.

Tech Chase seems like a really cool guy, he should start his own back room with all the cool people.
Thank you. I'm just doing what I can to keep my hand extended to everyone. Simply put we would not exist with all of you seeing as how tournaments thrive when there are actual participants. Plus I can safely say, I actually give a damn. ;) (all the BBR RC does though)

And awwwwww yeah Brawl Cool-Peeps Back Room.

Top Bottom