• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Unity Ruleset: Discussion

AlanHaTe

Smash Ace
how "bad" could it be if let's say in Mexico we use or "try" the Unity Ruleset without RC and let's say adding Picto??

I totally approve this ruleset and I'm going to use it on every tourney I host, but I just don't like the removal of Pictochat and keeping RC... Brinstar is not that bad imo...

All of this is just my point of view and I'm curious about it so don't hate on me :3

xDD-Master

Smash Champion
Grim said that other countries use Unity with slight variation... maybe Europe uses the entire Unity Ruleset minus Brinstar as a legal stage?
Yeah of course, but tell me a ruleset that has many variations?

Japan?

only 6, 10 min timer, Air time rule, do they have bans?

Is this enough to be more than just slight? Because I think all the other things remain the same for every county, doesnt it?

In Europe we have either RC or Brinstar banned mostly, but soon both I think.

We still have 8 mins and use Ledge Grab Rule and 1 ban per round.

Is this only sligth then?

Oh and again, I cant think of any other changes, what could there be?

Reizilla

The Old Lapras and the Sea
Why would they do that if they're already not following their lead?

Grim Tuesday

Smash Legend
I don't know about other areas, but I can tell you that in Australia the only reason FD is still a starter is because "the Americans do it".

Why did Picto get unanimously banned here? "The Americans did it".

etc...

Reizilla

Austria doesn't count though. They've always been told what to do. They're barely even their own country.

Reizilla

Indeedy.

I don't like your Trixie any more.

See? Y'all trying to be just like that other country already.

Judo777

Smash Master
So wait before when we contemplated trying a temp ban we said no because we didn't have a way to get a large number of TO's to agree. Now that we have the ability we shouldn't try because ALL of the TO's wont follow? Well piss we should turn items back on because there are still TO's that host tournaments with items.

John12346

Smash Master
NNID
JohnNumbers
What Judo said is true, though

Why aren't we even considering just discussing it?

I would understand a "no, not now," because there are still a few loose ends with the ruleset and organization of other things to take care of, but you're giving us a "no, not ever." It just seems so... strange... that such an important matter wouldn't be put up for debate ever...

Reizilla

Because they all play MK and don't want to start having to work to win

obv

:131:

Sinister Slush

❄ I miss my kind ❄
BRoomer
NNID
SinisterSlush
What Judo said is true, though

Why aren't we even considering just discussing it?

I would understand a "no, not now," because there are still a few loose ends with the ruleset and organization of other things to take care of, but you're giving us a "no, not ever." It just seems so... strange... that such an important matter wouldn't be put up for debate ever...
Because they all play MK and don't want to start having to work to win

obv

:131:
Was going to post this exact thing... sorta.
It was more of saying that around 50% of our Community is MK mains/A pocket MK, so banning him is out of the question until he's 100% of our community and is the only character making money outside of maybe Diddy or Snake.

[FBC] ESAM

Smash Legend
Again, for all of those who are questioning why we can't discuss it.

Everything turns into a flame-war, the mods have to be inspecting that thread 24/7, and after the first few days there is nothing productive. It isn't even like there are new points to bring up, it is the same **** as before just with slightly more "Hey, it happened here, there, and here." There isn't some new ground-breaking technique for them so its gonna be "He dominates the tournament scene, he breaks the CP system, tornado is stupid, shuttle loop is stupid, sharking is stupid, planking is stupid" and the like. The mods forbid us from talking about it anyway...even in the BBR, although we might be able to discuss it soon...not sure.

BTW, at most mains/secondaries of MK are 26%, not 50%, if we use Ripple/John#s stuffs. Don't exaggerate people >_>

Sinister Slush

❄ I miss my kind ❄
BRoomer
NNID
SinisterSlush
BTW, at most mains/secondaries of MK are 26%, not 50%, if we use Ripple/John#s stuffs. Don't exaggerate people >_>
^^but thats the point...theyre only 26% of presence but 40-50% of all money won (depending on how you split the money between joint mains)
^^^
Basically this, I was trolling with the 50% statement, but cause of the money they're winning from Just 26% imagine what it'd look like by the time literally 50% of the community DOES use MK as A Main/Secondary.

Judo777

Smash Master
The reason nothing productive ever happens is because we get people who just say "we aren't gonna ban him so this is pointless" or "well we have no way of getting enough TO's do follow" or "close this thread its pointless" instead of people actually discussing anything.

Reminds me of 3 years old covering their ears and going "La la la la la la la"

san.

1/Sympathy = Divide By Zero
NNID
Sansoldier
3DS FC
4957-2846-2924

Everything turns into a flame-war, the mods have to be inspecting that thread 24/7, and after the first few days there is nothing productive. It isn't even like there are new points to bring up, it is the same **** as before just with slightly more "Hey, it happened here, there, and here." There isn't some new ground-breaking technique for them so its gonna be "He dominates the tournament scene, he breaks the CP system, tornado is stupid, shuttle loop is stupid, sharking is stupid, planking is stupid" and the like. The mods forbid us from talking about it anyway...even in the BBR, although we might be able to discuss it soon...not sure.

The tier list discussion topic gets a flame war every few weeks, and it doesn't seem to be too much to handle.

There are relevant points to bring up: MK's dominance/use in tournaments, stage lists, banned tactics, and other characters being negatively affected by these rules.

There have been "techniques" discovered. Planking, scrooging, IDC, overall gameplay on Brinstar/Rainbow Cruise, receives many many complaints all the time. Many tactics have been severely limited to outright banned. The aspects we can't just ban are topics of discussion for huge debates all the time.

We can save the made up arguments for later and try to focus on actual discussion whenever any such thing is allowed. I'm inclined to believe that those intelligent posters who happen to believe that MK is a problem have better reasons than that.

What I'm saying is, this topic is still a largely important matter to discuss, and shouldn't merely be disregarded.

Keep in mind, the majority of people on this site have wanted MK banned for the last 2-3 years. There's not much use silencing the majority for this long as these numbers keep increasing, to be quite honest. I doubt the non-tournament scene regards MK even better.

[FBC] ESAM

Smash Legend
Not the BRC btw, the BBR.

Talk to the mods and **** about the MK discussion...not me. I have no power...

John12346

Smash Master
NNID
JohnNumbers
Couldn't we just use this thread as proof that we could keep up a legitimately mature conversation about the legality of MK? I mean if anything, the flaming/trolling that's been going on in here basically rivals the flaming/trolling that's been going on with other controversial topics. It's honestly not that bad, y'know?

Maybe we could make an appeal to the mods? I mean, there are only like, 6 of them in Metagame and Ruleset. We could work from there, right?

[FBC] ESAM

Smash Legend
Go for it. I don't care enough for the discussion, personally.

Also, a lot of people don't come into this thread. However, if there was a "Metaknight Legality Discussion" thread people would jump in that ****. Big difference...

Also, we haven't exactly been talking about MK's legality, mostly the ability to discuss MK's legality. *shrugs* if you want to pursue it, go for it.

Tesh

Smash Hero

The tier list discussion topic gets a flame war every few weeks, and it doesn't seem to be too much to handle.

There are relevant points to bring up: MK's dominance/use in tournaments, stage lists, banned tactics, and other characters being negatively affected by these rules.

There have been "techniques" discovered. Planking, scrooging, IDC, overall gameplay on Brinstar/Rainbow Cruise, receives many many complaints all the time. Many tactics have been severely limited to outright banned. The aspects we can't just ban are topics of discussion for huge debates all the time.

We can save the made up arguments for later and try to focus on actual discussion whenever any such thing is allowed. I'm inclined to believe that those intelligent posters who happen to believe that MK is a problem have better reasons than that.

What I'm saying is, this topic is still a largely important matter to discuss, and shouldn't merely be disregarded.

Keep in mind, the majority of people on this site have wanted MK banned for the last 2-3 years. There's not much use silencing the majority for this long as these numbers keep increasing, to be quite honest. I doubt the non-tournament scene regards MK even better.
This thread is not an MK ban discussion. Or a discussion on a ban on MK ban discussion. Move on.
So you let trolls decide what gets discussed? Lets not forget that some of the trolling and flaming that goes on in these discussions comes straight from people with purple, red and blue names. In EVERY Mk ban discussion, someone with a colorful name comes in and calls pro-ban a bunch of ignorant, untalented scrubs that don't want to learn the matchup. So its not like mods and BBR members and such were trying their hardest to keep things orderly.

Thats just a really lame excuse to stop what might be a fruitful discussion. And OFCOURSE people are going to argue in circles. Take in look in the matchup chart and tier list threads. Its the same 4 people talking about how grabs beat shield and spotdodges beat grabs. Complaining that the discussion might not yield concrete results sounds like a good reason to shut down this entire website.

Tesh

Smash Hero
We should start a social group for trolls, now that we know there is power to be had. We can shut down any discussion we want because mods can't infract alot of people at once apparently.

I wanna be king, cuz this was my idea.

Ghostbone

Smash Master
We should start a social group for trolls, now that we know there is power to be had. We can shut down any discussion we want because mods can't infract alot of people at once apparently.

I wanna be king, cuz this was my idea.
So basically a group where you can call on a bunch of people to troll a thread when you don't like the current topic?

I'm in.

John12346

Smash Master
NNID
JohnNumbers
I know I'm not playing along with the joke, but this is actually an important topic now...

Anyway, that immediately came to mind when I read the second to last post Tesh made, but I immediately dismissed it because of its lack of diligence or grace. If we want to get something done, we probably should do things the "right" way, even if it takes a lot longer to do so. If we just randomly start spamming the site, our chances of ever getting a discussion will fall to even worse levels.

However, what Tesh said is true. It's equally unfair that a topic can't be discussed because of the amount of flaming or trolling it may bring... It's, as Tesh said, allowing those who wish to make a topic never see the light of day to do so, and that's really... just not right...

Top Bottom