• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Unhappy Thread

Takumaru

Smash Lord
My boyfriend leaves for Iowa in two weeks to work on his Ph. D. . . I have to spend one of those two weeks working in the lab. :sadeyes:

Strife

Banned via Warnings
*sighs* I'm habing a hard time keeping track of my time sheet(record of hours worked) for my job, and I may have to make some stuff up.

I don't like doing this because not only do I dislike being dishonest but I may get caught which could end pretty badly. But truthfully it's all totally my fault for being careless, even if I have had a lot to death with.

kinghippo99

Smash Lord
Air, I missed you <3

But. Enough of you. I just learned that one of my friends had gotten in a 4-wheeler accident while camping and she has been life-flighted to a hospital. I don't know anymore details. I really hope she's okay and makes a full recovery.

Strife

Banned via Warnings
I am suffering from a fairly large external anal hemmahroid. I havent had the time to buy the medication before the store closes.

:phone:

JGM

Smash Rookie
Sufficiently peeved I was told to clear out my room sans furniture on Sunday to prep the room for carpet replacement, and that took a good 5+ hours. I then later found out that they weren't showing up on Monday like I thought and that they were planned for yesterday.

Yesterday comes, I wonder where the carpet guys are, as I was left in charge of giving them instructions where to/help them move furniture as needed. I'm told the appointment was moved back to an undetermined day next week and that I have the choice to either set up my room then dismantle it again this weekend or leave it barren as it is. I met halfway and only re-set up my TV/video games/computer, leaving everything else out in the garage.

And now there's apparently some sort of baby mama drama llama going down since the guys who we hired tried some shady business with the partial payment we gave them or something, I'm not sure of the exact details. Apparently, we're going with a beige carpet, as well. Beige. My walls have been beige for the past 10 years and I've hated every moment of it, now the carpet is going the same way? Le sigh.

eighteenspikes

Smash Master
I am suffering from a fairly large external anal hemmahroid. I havent had the time to buy the medication before the store closes.

This happened to me once while working at a call center and sitting on my *** for 9 hours a day. Worst experience of my life.

Smash Master
Another incredible adventure in unproductivity. Printing this black and white document is taking an hour and counting. Idk wtf. Also, my cat smells.

Strife

Banned via Warnings
Keep it clean and it will go away itself.

Unless it's REALLY big.
I tried that with another one(might be the same one) a few weeks ago, it worked but now it's same problem again. I think I'm gonna try some ointments and see if that helps.

Gatlin

cactus in the valley that's about to crumble down.
I pretty much have concluded that I hate living with my mom. It wouldn't be so bad if she would get off of trying to know every detail in my life. Ever since I came out to her, she's been having like all this self-blame and thinks she didn't give me enough attention, and that she's not in my life enough seeing as she didn't see it coming, seeing as "this isn't supposed to happen to us, you're supposed to hear about it happening to someone else." It's also annoying to even use the computer anymore, seeing as apparently I'm hitting it up with strange dudes trying to get in their pants on this dating site called smashboards. The best part though, is that she has strong suspicions of me being bulimic, since apparently I am too skinny. Also because apparently I use the bathroom every time after I eat, which obviously means I'm in there self-caused vomiting. Leaving the house didn't help, seeing as she just proceeded to blowing up my phone, and getting my dad involved in how I am so defiant of her rulings, and that I hate her. Don't think I have ever *****ed so much in this thread. This is all just so ridiculously stupid, it's funny. Just wanting it to be the next semester so I can transfer up north away from her, and live on my own in a dorm or something. It'd pretty much be amazing.

Teran

Through Fire, Justice is Served
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988
Mama Gatlin knows that having a gay son is serious business.

Takumaru

Smash Lord
Poor Gatlin. :(

I was in a similar situation at one point. I promise things get better, especially once you get your own place. You just gotta tough it out.

Fuelbi

Banned via Warnings
I am sad my computer finally broke down after like 5 years of constant repairs and constant shutdowns from worn out batteries

RIP Betty (yeah I named it) 2006-2011 :c

Oh well at least this means my parents can finally stop being cheap and buy the new computer I've been begging them for for years since I can't barely even run ****ing games on it anymore

Firus

You know what? I am good.
BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
Ugh.

For starters, it's 100 degrees outside and incredibly humid, and the AC at my house has been broken for the past year+ because my parents don't want to spend the money to repair it since we'll be moving in the near future. (Understandable, but annoying nevertheless.)

Also, I seem to be invisible to everyone else as far as what's actually important to me, yet everyone always insists on harping on things that don't concern me in the slightest. On top of that, almost all of my friends are either ridiculously pushy, rude and obnoxious, or both, and they refuse to ever leave me alone for more than 24 hours. Everyone else thinks it's great that I have friends that always want to talk to me/spend time with me, except I'm very much an introvert and I enjoy being alone, and when my friends don't know how not to be ***holes, it makes me not want to be around them anyway.

The worst of it all is that the few people in the world I'd really like to be around are all people I can't be around.

/venting

Zook

Perpetual Lazy Bum
Ugh.

For starters, it's 100 degrees outside and incredibly humid, and the AC at my house has been broken for the past year+ because my parents don't want to spend the money to repair it since we'll be moving in the near future. (Understandable, but annoying nevertheless.)

Also, I seem to be invisible to everyone else as far as what's actually important to me, yet everyone always insists on harping on things that don't concern me in the slightest. On top of that, almost all of my friends are either ridiculously pushy, rude and obnoxious, or both, and they refuse to ever leave me alone for more than 24 hours. Everyone else thinks it's great that I have friends that always want to talk to me/spend time with me, except I'm very much an introvert and I enjoy being alone, and when my friends don't know how not to be ***holes, it makes me not want to be around them anyway.

The worst of it all is that the few people in the world I'd really like to be around are all people I can't be around.

/venting
I'm with you here for everything but the AC situation. People don't seem to understand that I need my me time.

Strife

Banned via Warnings
I'm about to break up with my best friend since high school. I was going to slowly detach myself and then remove her from my friend's list and cease contact as notice-less as possible, but that just seems weak. I want to get her online so I can break up with her right.

Edit: I don't think she'll come back on for the rest of the night. Too bad, it's one of those things that you want to do when you're pumped and filled with conviction.

Edit2: If I'm truly over our relationship then I shouldn't need to be caught up in the moment to end it. I'll tell her whenever I see her online again.

Gatlin

cactus in the valley that's about to crumble down.
Is this "best friend since high school" another term for your girlfriend? I am kind of confused, seeing as I have never seen a need to "break up" with a friend before. If she's like, clinging onto you as a friend because she has no one else, I would kind of find it selfish to end your friendship for that reason. That's just me, though. If you are annoyed with her or something, just make up "plans" or whatever, it's not uncommon for someone to do that if they want to be left alone.

Firus

You know what? I am good.
BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
I agree with Gatlin; if she's a friend, I don't understand why you're breaking up with her.

But if I'm gathering correctly and this is someone who was your best friend since high school, and then you two started dating and now you're about to break up with her, I'd say that breaking up with her online is...well, it's better than phasing her out like you mentioned, but it's still pretty weak. No matter how much it sucks, the most honorable way to break up with someone is in person. If you're in a long-distance relationship, the next best thing is to break up with her through the phone, and I mean through calling and talking to her, not texting or leaving a voicemail.

I mean, that's up to you, I'm just giving my input there. Especially if this is someone who's been your best friend since high school, I'd try to break up with her in the best way possible.

~Radiance~

Meow-Meow, Choco-Chow
NNID
LatiasLulu
3DS FC
4098-3185-5390
honestly, and i dont care if i get banned for this (inb4namesearch) im still sad that xiivi wont even so much as speak to me.

we had an incidnet in the past that made him mad at me irl but no matter how much i appologize and try to come in contact, he wont even speak to me. I know that sometimes people do bad things and things that hurt other people but, i feel like no grudge should be held forever........

Smash Master
I know that feel. It's okay when I grow apart from someone, and I no longer have things in common, etc... but when someone basically says "you're an *******, and I'm better than you" despite your best intentions, it's borderline traumatic.

...then you become a masochist and start using anthropomorphic drawings as imaginary friends...

~Radiance~

Meow-Meow, Choco-Chow
NNID
LatiasLulu
3DS FC
4098-3185-5390
:O thats not good :(

yeah it sucks, i usually try to ignore it just, kinda sucks cuz i know what i did and i understand that it hurt him but, he just wont forgive me. i feel like hes trying to deal with being hurt by just ignoring me in hopes ill dissapear, but its been over a year and a half and i still want to talk to him but he just wont respond to anything i do.

i just dont want to have to stand losing a friend like this

Fuelbi

Banned via Warnings
I am sad my computer finally broke down after like 5 years of constant repairs and constant shutdowns from worn out batteries

RIP Betty (yeah I named it) 2006-2011 :c

Oh well at least this means my parents can finally stop being cheap and buy the new computer I've been begging them for for years since I can't barely even run ****ing games on it anymore

And then it fixed itself up and now I'm even more pissed because I'm not getting a new computer -.-

Teran

Through Fire, Justice is Served
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988
Is this "best friend since high school" another term for your girlfriend? I am kind of confused, seeing as I have never seen a need to "break up" with a friend before. If she's like, clinging onto you as a friend because she has no one else, I would kind of find it selfish to end your friendship for that reason. That's just me, though. If you are annoyed with her or something, just make up "plans" or whatever, it's not uncommon for someone to do that if they want to be left alone.
I agree with Gatlin; if she's a friend, I don't understand why you're breaking up with her.

But if I'm gathering correctly and this is someone who was your best friend since high school, and then you two started dating and now you're about to break up with her, I'd say that breaking up with her online is...well, it's better than phasing her out like you mentioned, but it's still pretty weak. No matter how much it sucks, the most honorable way to break up with someone is in person. If you're in a long-distance relationship, the next best thing is to break up with her through the phone, and I mean through calling and talking to her, not texting or leaving a voicemail.

I mean, that's up to you, I'm just giving my input there. Especially if this is someone who's been your best friend since high school, I'd try to break up with her in the best way possible.
I disowned my best friend when I was 16, there are reasons why you'd do so.

But yeah I do agree it sounds more like they're lovers lol.

Top Bottom