• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Unhappy Thread

Pluvia

Hates Semicolons<br>;
Someone is paranoid.
*Sitting on Facebook*

"You must be logged in to continue, do you wish to log in?"

I'm like I am logged in. I type in my password and it goes, that's not your password you just changed it about a minute ago remember? I typed it in again and it said the same thing, I typed it in again then it asked me if I remembered changing it and I click no so it gives me a choice of locking my profile or sending me out a new password to my phone and e-mail, so that's what I do.

Wasn't paranoia, someone went onto my facebook and changed my password. No chance of them doing that now though, you now need to figure out my 20 or so character password and have my phone for the security code they send me.

:phone:

Vinylic.

Woke?
Switch FC
SW-5214-5959-4787
I don't always use social sites.

But when i do, I use twitter.

Last time i was in facebook. It was so bad, i instantly closed my account.

OmegaXXII

Fire Emblem Lord/ Trophy Hunter
My car died today, it will spend the rest of it's days in my garage for the time being, with that said who knows when I'll fix it so....yea.

Gatlin

cactus in the valley that's about to crumble down.
Currently stuck at my college waiting for my ticket to be called to speak with my advisor. Ticket #17 atm, and mine is 24 :( sad face.

At least this couch is somewhat comfortable and there's air conditoning.

OmegaXXII

Poor, poor Gatlin, you need some furry love, that sucks bro bur the air conditioning ain't bad, amirite?

@Tokyo: Luckily I already have one. ;)

Gatlin

Poor, poor Gatlin, you need some furry love, that sucks bro bur the air conditioning ain't bad, amirite?
Haha, gonna make me laugh and look like a crazy person. Which would = more unhappy :awesome: But yeah, its not so bad, better than standing in this long *** line going on in front of me.

Strife

Banned via Warnings
I'm at work. Exhausted. No ear phones to listen to music. And this damn software doesn't want to work. More technical bull****. I'm spent.

Jasou

Smash Ace
been having a bad headache all day, not sure if its gona be a migrane. I hope not cause migranes suk, aside from that im fine tho. and gl on advisor gatlin

RATED

Smash Lord
So I found out my dad has cancer today :/
aw :( I know what that is. My mom was diagnotized with cancer like 8 years ago. She's still doing good, she takes care of herself a lot though.

I hope your dad gets treated and can get better on the condition.

ShroudedOne

Smash Hero
Premium
I don't always use social sites.

But when i do, I use twitter.

Last time i was in facebook. It was so bad, i instantly closed my account.
Yes, Facebook is a draining, depressing place (at least for me). Yet, I can't seem to pull myself away from it. Once everyone moves to Google+ and leaves Facebook, I'm getting off the internet for good (except here).

Pikaville

Pikaville returns 10 years later.
*Sitting on Facebook*

"You must be logged in to continue, do you wish to log in?"

I'm like I am logged in. I type in my password and it goes, that's not your password you just changed it about a minute ago remember? I typed it in again and it said the same thing, I typed it in again then it asked me if I remembered changing it and I click no so it gives me a choice of locking my profile or sending me out a new password to my phone and e-mail, so that's what I do.

Wasn't paranoia, someone went onto my facebook and changed my password. No chance of them doing that now though, you now need to figure out my 20 or so character password and have my phone for the security code they send me.
You need to either:

1) Get friends who won't screw your password up

or

2) Get a better password

I honestly don't understand how people get fraped so easily.

Jasou

Smash Ace
You need to either:

or

2) Get a better password

Just make a semi fake facebook like me:awesome:

that way no one has the intention to hack your account, and you can still add your friends

Strife

Banned via Warnings
They are great as supervisors, but I hate having women as co-workers. They take sooo long just to do a simple task.

Pluvia

Hates Semicolons<br>;
You need to either:

or

2) Get a better password

My cousin and I had a falling out, we don't speak and he's blocked and unfriended on my facebook. So if he hacked it and changed my password he did it because he's really sad.

Pluvia

Hates Semicolons<br>;
Because he was my cousin and I vaguely remember giving it to him briefly to log on at one point.

Me and Jordan know each others passwords for trivial things like Xbox Live.

Pikaville

I'm pretty sure most of my friends know my password to everything.

But I in turn know theirs.

So no **** ever happens because there would be war.

Smash Master
Why can't any of these employers offer aptitiude tests? I'd just spend all day taking them instead of all this other nonsensical bull**** which is getting me nowhere. I'm better at math than 99.9% of the country. Let me do some math for a living. How hard is that? Instead I have to somehow communicate on this piece of paper that I can do math (and programming, and etc...,) which is impossible. The best I can do is say I've passed a class with some impressive sounding title, which tells them next to nothing.

My situation shouldn't be this desperate. I'm good at what I do. I've prolly applied to over 500 places since I graduated. What gives?

Vinylic.

Woke?
Switch FC
SW-5214-5959-4787
Why can't any of these employers offer aptitiude tests? I'd just spend all day taking them instead of all this other nonsensical bull**** which is getting me nowhere. I'm better at math than 99.9% of the country. Let me do some math for a living. How hard is that? Instead I have to somehow communicate on this piece of paper that I can do math (and programming, and etc...,) which is impossible. The best I can do is say I've passed a class with some impressive sounding title, which tells them next to nothing.

My situation shouldn't be this desperate. I'm good at what I do. I've prolly applied to over 500 places since I graduated. What gives?
Woah There. Hold your Ponies.
I hope that math smarts is part of your sarcasm.

The economy right now is Very s***** atm. Unemployment Rates are Increasing. There's your problem.

Anjila

Smash Cadet
Had to shell out a little over $400 to fix a burst coolant tank in my car, replace a thermometer, and some other crap.

Seriously, this car is the only reason I'm in debt. :urg:

Gatlin

One of those nights where it was good, until some unfortunate event came and took a **** on it, and now it's bad. I am also annoyed by the fact that I want to get out of this state so bad, and actually enjoy my upcoming vacation, but it's still days away. I would def leave right now if I could.

Strife

Banned via Warnings
My dog passed away today at the vet's while we were in the waiting room to pick her up. Literally five minutes before we were called in :c
Danm! That sucks bro. Were you really attached to the dog? I know stuff like that is heartbreaking.

SuperBowser

Smash Lord
Not ashamed to say it's the first time I've shed any tears in over a decade. I honestly can't remember the last time I cried lol.

She was kind of the heart of the house and it feels weird to not have her around. But I dunno. It sucks she's gone and that nobody was with her when it happened, but she had an amazing life. It doesn't get much better than being a dog in a loving family. We all die eventually, and at least she had a fulfilling time before she left us.

Strife

Banned via Warnings
Not ashamed to say it's the first time I've shed any tears in over a decade. I honestly can't remember the last time I cried lol.

She was kind of the heart of the house and it feels weird to not have her around. But I dunno. It sucks she's gone and that nobody was with her when it happened, but she had an amazing life. It doesn't get much better than being a dog in a loving family. We all die eventually, and at least she had a fulfilling time before she left us.
Well, then at least she died well. That's really the best thing you can hope for your pet.

If you have applied to so many places and still can't land a job then you're probably doing something wrong. Try revising your resume, dress better, be more/less confident. Whatever you didn't do perfectly last time, do it perfectly this time.

Don't hope that they give you the job, earn it.

Teran

Through Fire, Justice is Served
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988
I want hundreds of millions of pounds and I want them now so I can buy my own island and live away from people for the rest of my life.

Well actually that's a lie, I'd come back to civilisation every so often but ya know...

Takumaru

Smash Lord
I want hundreds of millions of pounds and I want them now so I can buy my own island and live away from people for the rest of my life.

Well actually that's a lie, I'd come back to civilisation every so often but ya know...
If you gained that many pounds you could BE your own island.
:awesome:

Pikaville

I have cried twice this year.

One of which I don't want to talk about.

The other was in my bed an hour or so after coming out to one of my best friends.(They were tears of joy though)

The last time before that was like 6 years ago when Dimebag Darrell died.

Getting your feelings out is really important.

OmegaXXII

I think crying relieves stress, no?

So sorry for you frog, I have a little parrot myself, he's 3 years this month, though I'm not really worried about him passing for the time being, hopefully.

Smash Master
If you have applied to so many places and still can't land a job then you're probably doing something wrong. Try revising your resume, dress better, be more/less confident. Whatever you didn't do perfectly last time, do it perfectly this time.

Don't hope that they give you the job, earn it.
Bull****. I already do all of those things, you ******** *******. If you can find a way to prove anything with a resume I'm all ears. I'm sure they get 1,000 resumes from incompetent beggars that are just outright lies. I've had people look mine over. It's not going to get better unless I fill it with lies. Of course after every failed interview I call/email and ask what I did wrong. They won't tell me.

I love how you freely admit that whether or not you get a job is contingent on matching the cost of the suit you own with your employer. ******** ******* bull****.

Oh lord. You prolly think the Holocaust was the Jews' fault.

And you know what? because it's so easy to lie, everybody hires from within. Your only hope is to know somebody personally. I don't have that luxury. The professors I assisted retired. My friends aren't employers, etc... So I just continue to beat my head against a wall everyday until hopefully one of 'em breaks, while you sit on the sidelines with your hookup, sippin' your lemonade telling me everything I should be doing better. I'm sick of it. **** you.

I've taken exactly one aptitude test. I got an interview from that.

ShroudedOne

Smash Hero
Premium
@SuperBowser: I will agree that crying seems to relieve stress, but that's not something I have experienced. I don't think I've cried in maybe 3 years or more, and I've forgotten how it feels. But that's important.

@Zook: I've never had a pet, but I can imagine that after a short while, they become very close, just like family. And no one wants to lose family. Hopefully, you enjoyed your time with your frog. Good memories have healing power, I think.

(I ran into a frog on my way home last night. It was right under my boot, and hopped away just in time. I thought that it was weird that a frog would be out in Cleveland...)

@1048576: There's no need to be like that. He was simply offering advice. "You probably think the Holocaust was the Jews' fault." That comparison has nothing to do with this. It's can't be someone's fault for being persecuted, but there might very well be something you're doing that isn't getting you a job. Like the attitude?

But seriously, I seem to have kind of the same problem. I'm 18, so the jobs I'm looking for aren't necessarily in professional environments, but I present myself very well, and I don't think my applications are worse than any other teenager looking for work. Yet I find myself thinking, "How is it that that idiot has a job, and I don't?" There are a lot of factors that employers look for when hiring someone. What I would recommend is going back to those who didn't hire you, and ask why they didn't. That is, if you haven't already. There are often little things that turn employers onto or off of a potential employee, things that they (the applicant) would not necessarily be aware of. Just my two cents.

EDIT: Apparently, you already asked them. Perhaps look over your resume a few times? Check your appearance (hygiene, not the cost of your suit). Even something as simple as the way you articulate words can have an effect.

Luigitoilet

shattering perfection
BRoomer
Bull****. I already do all of those things, you ******** *******. If you can find a way to prove anything with a resume I'm all ears. I'm sure they get 1,000 resumes from incompetent beggars that are just outright lies. I've had people look mine over. It's not going to get better unless I fill it with lies. Of course after every failed interview I call/email and ask what I did wrong. They won't tell me.

I love how you freely admit that whether or not you get a job is contingent on matching the cost of the suit you own with your employer. ******** ******* bull****.

Oh lord. You prolly think the Holocaust was the Jews' fault.
Dude, chill the **** out. He's trying to help out. You lash out at someone like that again in here and you'll be infracted.

Top Bottom