• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

the top players

Status
Not open for further replies.

JesiahTEG

Smash Master
If he kept playing, him and Mang0 would be even. Mang0 really is that good to the point where even if M2K kept playing he'd still lose sometimes to Mang0, if not all the time. Too hard to tell.

Zephynazo

Zobaia -Deus- Ariana
I like Ken's Marth better than M2K's.

Anyway, we will see what happens at APEX, no need to be arguing anymore over this matter.

iamthemicrowave

Smash Master
Stop saying how much better m2k was in his prime. The rest of the world caught up. Brawl may have made him slightly worse, but the fact is that everyone else just got better at a faster rate than m2k.

Don't get me wrong hes still the 2nd best player in the US...

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend
Ranking players doesn't work except for very few.

It's like this guys:

S Tier

Amsah
Armada
Hungrybox
Mango
Mew2King

A Tier

Darkrain
DaShizWiz
Dr.PP
Hax
JMan
Lucky
SilentSpectre
Zhu

B Tier

Cactuar
Darc
Hugs
Kage
Lovage
OverTriforce
Scar
Tope
Zgetto

C Tier

Adam
Axe
HMW
Kirbykaze
Lord HDL
Raynex
Remen
Unknown522
Vwins

? Tier

Calle W
Dark
Ghost
Javi
Star
Twin

And of course with more people, and certain spots debatable.

*Flameshields*
What a horrific list.

Lovage, wanna money match? :)

JesiahTEG

Smash Master
Stop saying how much better m2k was in his prime. The rest of the world caught up. Brawl may have made him slightly worse, but the fact is that everyone else just got better at a faster rate than m2k.

Don't get me wrong hes still the 2nd best player in the US...
M2K was wayyyyy better in his prime dude.

strawhats

Smash Master
If he kept playing, him and Mang0 would be even. Mang0 really is that good to the point where even if M2K kept playing he'd still lose sometimes to Mang0, if not all the time. Too hard to tell.
I actually agree with you on this.

I.B

Smash Lord
When trying to determine who's better between 2 players, I think a ****load of people are forgetting that it's not only about the head-to-head match-up. Saying "Armada beat M2K in 2 major tourney sets" is incomplete in terms of evidence. You'd have to look at how they do against everybody else as well.

Armada beat Mango in 1 set @ Genesis.
Armada lost 1 set to SS @ Pound 4.

M2K has never taken a set off Mango.
M2K beat SS @ the most recent Tourney Play (?) (less weight compared to national tourney)

Not taking any sides here, just giving an example.

strawhats

Smash Master
actually m2k beat mango at SCC in 2k7 just saying....but that was in his prime and when mango was only like 2nd best in Cali next to KEN.

Öni

Smash Cadet
Or:
M2K played in his home state.
M2K played with his version of the game (where his main are significantly better than what Armada is used to).

Just giving other examples of what matters to determine who's better.

TheManaLord

Smash Hero
Or:
M2K played with his version of the game (where his main are significantly better than what Armada is used to).

Huh? You mean the better more competitive version? NTSC is standard :laugh: PAL is offshoot

I.B

Smash Lord
actually m2k beat mango at SCC in 2k7 just saying....but that was in his prime and when mango was only like 2nd best in Cali next to KEN.
oops, forgot about that one. although ideally, we should really be using recent results.

Or:

Fair enough.

Animal

Smash Lord
Does versatillity in characters constitute for anything in your guys eyes? its definitely alot more respectable imo but idk if it makes a person better

Öni

Smash Cadet
It means a lot to beat someone in a version you're not used to.

I want to see any of your Fox / Sheik (Marth / Falco) players perform in the EU close to what Armada did.
Versions matter A LOT. Ask Amsah, lol.

SnackAttack

Smash Champion
snack attack are you serious? m2k makes it top 5 in two international tournaments and you have the balls to say hes supposed to be a "good player"? Hes focuses alot of his time on brawl and still has the best marth one of the best sheiks and arguably the best fox. The fact that he did that well is beyond impressive.
Sorry, I guess my post was misconstrued.

What I'm saying is, that he's an actual good player and he's *****ing.

I despise when good players ***** because they don't in first.

OHHHHHH WAHHHHHHHHHHHHH I CAME IN FIFTH AT POUND4 WAHHHHHHHHHHHH

What I'm saying is, that he should practice more and stop crying

I would love to place 5th at Pound4, but I didn't even enter Melee because I didn't have the money.

I entered Brawl and didn't even get out of pools, how do you think I feel when I see someone that I look up to in this community crying because he didn't get first?

Zephynazo

Zobaia -Deus- Ariana
I don't think M2K would ever beat Armada in PAL, just sayin.

NTSC is overpowered ****.

PAL is balanced.

^^

Lovage

Smash Hero

I would love to place 5th at Pound4, but I didn't even enter Melee because I didn't have the money.

I entered Brawl and didn't even get out of pools, how do you think I feel when I see someone that I look up to in this community crying because he didn't get first?

when you're really good at something you expect more out of yourself. do you think ally should feel the same amount of joy when he gets out of round 1 pools as you would?

gm jack

Smash Lord
I don't think M2K would ever beat Armada in PAL, just sayin.

NTSC is overpowered ****.

PAL is balanced.

^^
Depends. We seem to get copies of the NSTC game to train for tournaments in the USA. I suspect you lot would find ways to train on it. But little things like Marth falling over from shine would mess up a lot of north american players.

DJRome

Smash Hero

ugh, he's complaining about the interpretation of these results and bemoaning his mistakes. i think everyone looks back and points out things they think they could do better. i mean, it is very good to think you can do better. so no, you do not have the capacity to get 5th at pound. he has the capacity to get 1st. i think we can all agree on that.

Linkshot

Smash Hero
Dude your Falcon is so beast <3
in Brawl

But yeah I play G&W (and picking up Weegee) in Melee. I totally don't play it too seriously.

In all honesty, I play Melee for comboing, laughing as I win with a Low Tier, and beeping/HOOing to the music for mindgames.

My preferred taunt is airdodging with G&W. Get at me.

So I really don't get to play these "phenominal" players.

Though I have had friendlies with the Warrior.

JesiahTEG

Smash Master
No, versions really do make a difference. It's beyond me how Armada is actually good enough to not only place top 5 in 2 major US tournies, but with peach, and in a different version.

However, I feel at the highest of the highest levels of play, Peach stands a very good chance against fox, marth, falco and sheik. At the highest levels of play, her weaknesses can be minimized and advantages maximized to the point where she really doesn't get ***** that bad.

gm jack

Smash Lord
It seems to me that Peach's biggest problem is that she just doesn't move as quickly as other top tiers, so is easier to read. However, Armada makes her look incredibly fast, so at the top levels, Peach really can compete.

xbombr

Smash Ace
DJ move to midwest. We need someone to make us as legit as the coasts. I hope you don't mind a 6 hour drive for the closest tournament.

Divinokage

Smash Legend
DJ move to midwest. We need someone to make us as legit as the coasts. I hope you don't mind a 6 hour drive for the closest tournament.
That's not how it works.. YOU have to find out what works best in all situations. You have to really want it with burning power if you want to be a champion. You can't really rely on other people to minimize your mistakes in a match.. YOU have to realize what's wrong with you!! Destroy your weakness!

xbombr

Smash Ace
that's Not How It Works.. You Have To Find Out What Works Best In All Situations. You Have To Really Want It With Burning Power If You Want To Be A Champion. You Can't Really Rely On Other People To Minimize Your Mistakes In A Match.. You Have To Realize What's Wrong With You!! Destroy Your Weakness!
I Have The Power!!!!!!!!!!!

DJ Nintendo

Smash Champion
Could I get in on this training? Please?
Of course you can.

You guys at Midwest are already mad legit. I wanna go visit the Midwest too and I will definitely be doing that this year. I wouldn't mind training people with my advice and knowledge.

Twin_A

Smash Champion
Singin Pretty Fly for a White Guy in the shower :)
I'll train you guys too. No problem :)
Woot!

That's not how it works.. YOU have to find out what works best in all situations. You have to really want it with burning power if you want to be a champion. You can't really rely on other people to minimize your mistakes in a match.. YOU have to realize what's wrong with you!! Destroy your weakness!
Kage you trully are a warrior.

Charlesz said:
Axe isnt c tier, srry.
I disagree. At Pound alone he beat Scar and Dr PP in tourney matches. He has beaten Hax in a MM, beat Mangos Marth with his pika (twice) in recent MM's, and beat Jman at Genesis. You're right that he's not c tier, he should be higher :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom