• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

the top players

Status
Not open for further replies.

Luma

Smash Lord
why not cockride armada and amsah? they have proven themselfs in another version on another continent, didnt see your pro players do the same

everlasting yayuhzz

Smash Champion
why not cockride armada and amsah? they have proven themselfs in another version on another continent, didnt see your pro players do the same
Hi pot, meet kettle. All European guys do in these threads is whine at American players for hyping up their players then do it in return.

So what if they did good in another version? The differences are not that drastic to make them go from TOP LEVEL to scrubs. Stop using that as an excuse, it's really feeble. They're smart enough to be top pros, they're smart enough to learn another version of the game.

Öni

Smash Cadet
That's like me going to the NBA, saying I could dominate the league. They have no reason to believe me, so they will laugh at me. Same thing goes for this.
No it is not... The US-Smash community and the EU one were independent from each other. And Armada proved himself to be the best one in his own. So people should have known who he was and that he is an amazing player with the potential to be one of the best. It's more like Lionel Messi going to Manchester and says he could dominate the Premier League...

You ***** and moan about America always saying we're great, but you guys do nothing in these threads but cockride Armada and Amsah, and that's basically it. Read your stupid post cockridecockridecockride.
I don't know if you guys realised, that you're doing the same with M2K, but I think so. So I assume we are both cockriders.

And the difference between your prime and his prime is that he actually is good, makes money and beats notable people on a regular basis. Good joke logic! Actually, you didn't even fully comprehend the statements made, because your logic makes no sense when compared to it! Good job on being a typical idiot!
And what matters is, that he doesn't play like this and so isn't as good as this. (If he was better back than.)

Also: If you say you cant say Armada is better than M2K, no one should be able to say M2K is better than Over, since it was a hella close match and only two one stocks from M2K, while Over 3 stocked him.

Luma

Smash Lord
crowd + framestuff changes = huge impact on your own game
just watch armada @ pound4, he was doing so many stupid mistakes, esp at egdeguarding, but hey, why am i even talking with a troll?

Zephynazo

Zobaia -Deus- Ariana
Why don't everyone just accept the fact that Armada beat Mew2King twice and is (must be) considered better? If M2K wants to prove he is better than Armada then tell him to stop johning, and go beat Armada in two sets in PAL version, until then please, stfu u USA fanboys :)

everlasting yayuhzz

Smash Champion
Lmfao @ Europeans. You guys never cease to make me laugh with your terrible logic! It's almost too easy to pick apart.

I haven't ****kridden M2K a single time, I just said he doesn't have his former devotion, which, he doesn't, ******. I never said M2K was better than Armada, if you'd actually READ what I'm saying. I don't really give a flying **** who is better, they're both really good players. But you guys seem so intent on saying Armada is better than a US player because his nuts are slapping you in the chin every 2 posts.

Luma, go ***** and moan some more in your results thread, you baby. It's not hard to transition from one to the other when you're as good as they are. It's like riding a bike for them and doing all of these fancy dancy tricks, having the bike wheel adjusted slightly and given some time to relearn the tricks. It's not like it was their first time playing NTSC when they stepped in the Pound 4 venue. They were preparing for that day. Stop *****ing at M2K for johning when that's all you're doing for PAL players right now.

Zephy, you didn't add anything to the conversation, so Amsah's big black **** must be stuffed in your mouth. You're just making gargling sounds.

Zephynazo

Zobaia -Deus- Ariana
lol.

Im just stating facts (from tourny results), and wtf does my post have anything to do with Amsah, baka, learn to read.

Armada IS BETTER than M2K until M2K proves he can beat Armada in PAL OR NTSC for that matter, as he hasn't been able to do that yet either.

everlasting yayuhzz

Smash Champion
lol.

Im just stating facts (from tourny results), and wtf does my post have anything to do with Amsah, baka, learn to read.

Armada IS BETTER than M2K until M2K proves he can't beat Armada in PAL OR NTSC for that matter, as he hasn't been able to do that yet either.
I just chose one of the two at random, you can have Armada's **** in your mouth if you want it that bad. You've stated something that has been run into the ground 90843 times since this thread started. Yes, Armada beat M2K twice, I don't see anyone trying to say he didn't since... well, it's recorded.

I can read just fine, it seems that you can't and you're just some fanboy you hops at any opportunity to ride a ****,

-Jumpman-

Smash Champion
Shark vs. Bear.

Sharks are better at swimming in water and ****.

Bears are better at running on land at you and clawing your ****ing jugular.

Which animal is better?

Better yet, which one would win in a fight?

The two questions aren't related; winning a match does not make you a BETTER player than the person you beat.

You just can't compare a shark and a bear in a fight.

A bear would flail around in the ocean until it drowned.
A shark would flail around in the forest until some Asian guy caught it and uploaded vids of it to YouTube.

More on topic, I don't think Mango should get his own "tier". However, a national power ranking system similar to brawl's would raise enthusiasm in the Melee scene AND answer many of the questions people have posted.

:D i like waffles
Bears can swim.

-Jumpman-

Smash Champion
Uh... in the ocean? You realize how big the ocean is, right? It's much too large for a bear to keep swimming until it found land. It'd run out of energy and.. drown.
Well, that depends on its position in the ocean, something Hbox didn't talk about. Also, it would fight the shark first.

everlasting yayuhzz

Smash Champion
Well, that depends on its position in the ocean, something Hbox didn't talk about. Also, it would fight the shark first.
Well, it would make sense for his analogy for it to be in the middle of the ocean since that's where the bear would die at.

Also, the bear would be destroyed by the shark in the water, since A: bears are not accustomed to fighting in water against sharks, B: there is no where to get your footing in water and C: it's a freaking shark. It'd just sneak up on the bear and eat it.

Either way, so what if bears can swim, it's not remotely relevant in that analogy since sharks are 238940189301293 times better in the water.

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
This thread is lol-worthy.

Still, the real point here is Armada is definitely better then M2K at the moment, he's beaten M2K every time they fought and had a significantly better tournament record in tournaments they were both present at.

That said, I see where the "M2k at his prime", because the thing is, while he's definitely overall better now, the degree is less then his additional experience should have carried him. Me and some Brawlers talked about this as an aside in a podcast discussing the MK issue, his mindset is definitely off, he seems less adaptable in both games, I look at how he plays now and how he played then and it drastically different, he just doesn't have the confidence any more, and it's obvious in both games.

If M2K hadn't lost his confidence... but it's very difficult to compare what M2K could've been today as opposed to what Armada is now, so saying "2007 M2k is better then Armada" is difficult to be sure of.

pheX

Smash Apprentice

Ken & Mew2king & Mango so far (for beeing "kings of their period)
but Armada WILL take his spott in those top 3. The Armada Aera hasn't begun yet =)

-Jumpman-

Smash Champion
Well, it would make sense for his analogy for it to be in the middle of the ocean since that's where the bear would die at.

Also, the bear would be destroyed by the shark in the water, since A: bears are not accustomed to fighting in water against sharks, B: there is not where to get your footing in water and C: it's a freaking shark. It'd just sneak up on the bear and eat it.

Either way, so what if bears can swim, it's not remotely relevant in that analogy since sharks are 238940189301293 times better in the water.
Lol, the analogy is crap. :laugh:

Zephynazo

Zobaia -Deus- Ariana
lol, Everlasting name, ur posts literally makes me laugh, keep it up ma d00!

Nihonjin

Striving 4 Perfection
BRoomer
Another thing I don't get. Why do Europeans think Americans have so much pride in our country. We really don't. When I see the comments that Amsah and Luma make (ie. Americans always think they're the best lalalala) it just seems like a testament to the pride they have in their OWN countries/their continent. This is obviously not a bash on those guys, just an observation.
Really now? Quote one of my comments that gave you that impression.
Because I only recall saying that about M2k, which was based on his posts, not the fact that he's American.

Also, I think Amsah has been the least biased throughout this thread.
Less accusations, more quotes. Point out my biased posts.

Fail..:embarrass

JesiahTEG

Smash Master
Animal: At Genesis i had actually 2 stock in the last match (much damage but still).

A couple thing i wanna say: M2k 2010 (or 2009) is better than he was 2007 just beacuase he was the best in USA that dosent mean he was better 2007.

He was better if we compare with the whole community but he is more fast now and he is better at the game but many more players can play the game better now to.
I understand what you're saying. The community as a whole has improved drastically, but when I say M2K was better in 07, I am taking that into account as well. He was so ahead of his time in 07, that his 07 prime is capable of taking 1st or 2nd even in today's largest national tournaments.

If you look at videos and compare, M2K was MUCH more technically precise and also much faster in 07. You as a player are incredibly fast, precise and accurate as well. That's how M2K USED to be, but with a better character lol...Either way, my point is, I am not comparing M2K to the rest of the community when I talk about his skill in 07. I am basing this off of his skill alone. I've also played him various times between 07 and now and I can say just from playing him he used to be way better.

don´t know what you guys how try to say m2k is so much better wanna see from me (maybe only 4 stocks :p).
But if i say like this mango have only place higher than me twice he have also lost a set against me and only beat me in 1 tournament.

I guess the most people can see my point.
I am not better than mango now i HAVE to prove i am the better player if you lost you lost you have to prove you are the better player.

One question you guys can ask yourself if m2k had beat me twice would I be the better player?
As of right now, you are a better player than M2K. In 07, It's still hard to say who would win. I'm not sure M2K would win if he was as good as he was in 07, because you are pretty much just as good.

Also, I find it hard to NOT notice all of his tech errors nowadays.

Charlesz

Smash Champion
IMO I think it would be hard to say if M2k was better now than 07 or vice versa. Back in 07 m2k was wrecking everbody, but you can argue that people didn't know how to di or get around m2k's edgeguarding as well as now ( m2k still edgerapes people lol). Now m2k is top 5 for sure but he also plays brawl , which can hinder is melee gameplay.

TheManaLord

Smash Hero
Yeah M2K has a pretty bad technical game for being such a top contender. Brawl really devastated him. It's easy to notice, just watch something from an 07 set then watch something from 08 or 09 and you'll cringe =/

Dr_Strangelove

Smash Journeyman
Lol at people litening to everlasting yayuhzz.
He's on a stupidly high amount of cocaine, of course he's going to make no sense and be overly aggressive.

Little England

Smash Master
Purdue, W Lafayette IN Rancho Cucamonga, SoCal
Really? How about the first setin the GF where he was 1 hit away of losing the tournament? He wasn't sandbagging.

2. Mango someone who has played both armada and M2k has said that M2k is better. I think thats more validation than two tourny results that came down to 1 stock

Golly gee wilikers I hadn't thought of if like that..:embarrass says M2k is better so it must be true.
I wouldn't even be surprised if he doesn't believe it himself but simply said it to boost M2ks confidence or because he isn't really sure but wants M2k to be better..

I've played them both and I think they're about even.
But what do I know, I'm not Mango right? >.>
Either way though, Armada beat him twice so you can't really argue with that.

Mango can strip naked and do a rain dance while singing of M2k's supposed superiority for all I care but it won't change a thing.

One that's not biased.

Besides, you can never really take one persons opinion to be fact when it comes to these things. Mango might personally have a harder time with M2k for whatever reasons, but that doesn't necessarily mean he's better. You don't just play Mango you know..?
Here.

For the record, Mango is never really that serious about anything, except HIM staying on top. Pride in the U.S.A. is long gone!
Ahem, LEAST.
Thank you.

But like I said. Ranking players internationally is stupid.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom