• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

the top players

Status
Not open for further replies.

strawhats

Smash Master
lol at mango using marth in MM. I kinda wanna see axe's pika vs. mango's puff

and its been a while since the Warrior has given manly advice

Divinokage

Smash Legend
You know the best part about Ganon... is that pretty much ALL the top players would never even try to secondary him. lol. I mean if they would try, they would epic fail, i can just imagine how they would play Ganon, it would be hilarious.. =P Like Mango Ganon or m2k Ganon rofl.. Can you imagine it?

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
I would secondary Ganon if his WD timing wasn't so different from the other chars I play, it's annoying as hell, Ganon is so much fun.

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend
I disagree. At Pound alone he beat Scar and Dr PP in tourney matches. He has beaten Hax in a MM, beat Mangos Marth with his pika (twice) in recent MM's, and beat Jman at Genesis. You're right that he's not c tier, he should be higher :D
I think that's what he was getting at.

Animal

Smash Lord
Kage, kens ganon was beast haha. I seen Shiz use ganon in tourny once

Samochan

Smash Master
No, versions really do make a difference. It's beyond me how Armada is actually good enough to not only place top 5 in 2 major US tournies, but with peach, and in a different version.
That's exacly how I feel. I know an exchange student from chile who came to finland and even after 2-3 months or so he sometimes just forgot you can meteor cancel marth's dair. And it took even further to not try and ken combo everyone and instead do some pal variations and whatever. It's much harder to accustom your own character play and style rather than to get accustomed how other play their char, so armada had it still fairly easy compared to adjusting both your own and reading opponent, tho he did it in just a month or so before genesis which itself is a feat. Amsah's been playing ntsc too for very long, so the transition was fairly sleek I imagine.

I imagine the transition for any fox/marth/sheik player from either versions is very difficult and takes months of practice and even then that person is unable to become accustomed to regional differences in styles because of different versions before the actual tournament.

SnackAttack

Smash Champion
when you're really good at something you expect more out of yourself. do you think ally should feel the same amount of joy when he gets out of round 1 pools as you would?
I know what you mean, but I'm tired of people coddling him when he should just practice more.

He's an actual good player, he has a chance to win huge tournaments.

I WOULD LOVE to be in his position, getting fifth would mean the world to me.

I mean, look at Ally.

If I recall, he got two stocked by M2K at Cot4, but he didn't ***** and want to quit; he got better and now goes even with M2K.

Armada

Smash Lord
Animal: At Genesis i had actually 2 stock in the last match (much damage but still).

A couple thing i wanna say: M2k 2010 (or 2009) is better than he was 2007 just beacuase he was the best in USA that dosent mean he was better 2007.

He was better if we compare with the whole community but he is more fast now and he is better at the game but many more players can play the game better now to.

I don´t know what you guys how try to say m2k is so much better wanna see from me (maybe only 4 stocks :p).
But if i say like this mango have only place higher than me twice he have also lost a set against me and only beat me in 1 tournament.

I guess the most people can see my point.
I am not better than mango now i HAVE to prove i am the better player if you lost you lost you have to prove you are the better player.

One question you guys can ask yourself if m2k had beat me twice would I be the better player?

strawhats

Smash Master
Animal: At Genesis i had actually 2 stock in the last match (much damage but still).

A couple thing i wanna say: M2k 2010 (or 2009) is better than he was 2007 just beacuase he was the best in USA that dosent mean he was better 2007.

He was better if we compare with the whole community but he is more fast now and he is better at the game but many more players can play the game better now to.

I don´t know what you guys how try to say m2k is so much better wanna see from me (maybe only 4 stocks :p).
But if i say like this mango have only place higher than me twice he have also lost a set against me and only beat me in 1 tournament.

I am not better than mango now i HAVE to prove i am the better player if you lost you lost you have to prove you are the better player.

One question you guys can ask yourself if m2k had beat me twice would I be the better player?

I agree with the epic retorical question at the end...however I still think m2k was way more precise in his movement and consistent. He also had a marth that looked like Roger Federer gracefully gliding along the stage. I know what you're trying to say about the competiton rising but to be honest m2k is till better than the competiton 95-96 % of the competiton so it is just a matter of how badly he beats people now compared to back in his prime. Trust me, if you had played m2k with the skills you have now back in 2007 you would be amazed at how precise he was.

do I sense a little bias from you Amsah. :embarrass

xbombr

Smash Ace
Amsah and Armada are right though. We wouldn't be questioning this at all if M2K came out on top both times in their uber close sets.

Tee ay eye

Smash Hero
WOW

registered in March 2010?

i'm absolutely shocked that no one took that name

hell, i shoulda signed up as Armada and started trolling up a storm :p

Animal

Smash Lord
Armada, America just wants m2k to **** everyone again. its not you....its us =)

Luma

Smash Lord
oh geez smashers sometimes are just stupid to the max....

why was m2k more precise and consistent? because his opponents let him! it doenst only matter how you play but who you are playing against, and that is one of m2k's biggest logic flaws when it comes to power rankings and stuff since he is always talking like this: i can 0-death this noob sheik, i can do the same to amsah

just get real guys, if you just get outsmarted you cant put up your usual **** game and you simply have to adapt (which he doenst do)

M2K now > M2K 2007, but back then his opponents just made him look like unbeatable or something, but come on guys after playing this game for so long you should be able to see stuff like this, even if he was a litte more consistent, with the current meta game he would **** his old self so badly

but in the end, its tournament results everyone should be looking at, and not just at the best matches someone had because you cant always play "your best"
not beeing nervous in tournament or not choking in general is skill aswell, so imo all you those US pros should prove themselfs by playing at a big tournament in europe, another version + crowd against them, do you think SS would still be able to put his combos up? i dont think so

Jason if you really feel like you should be more then 5th then ****ing prove it at tournaments or gtfo, srsly >_>

Divinokage

Smash Legend

Oh, I'm going to crush you next time we fight! Grrr!

Edit: Playing along ftw.

everlasting yayuhzz

Smash Champion
oh geez smashers sometimes are just stupid to the max....

why was m2k more precise and consistent? because his opponents let him! it doenst only matter how you play but who you are playing against, and that is one of m2k's biggest logic flaws when it comes to power rankings and stuff since he is always talking like this: i can 0-death this noob sheik, i can do the same to amsah

just get real guys, if you just get outsmarted you cant put up your usual **** game and you simply have to adapt (which he doenst do)

M2K now > M2K 2007, but back then his opponents just made him look like unbeatable or something, but come on guys after playing this game for so long you should be able to see stuff like this, even if he was a litte more consistent, with the current meta game he would **** his old self so badly

but in the end, its tournament results everyone should be looking at, and not just at the best matches someone had because you cant always play "your best"
not beeing nervous in tournament or not choking in general is skill aswell, so imo all you those US pros should prove themselfs by playing at a big tournament in europe, another version + crowd against them, do you think SS would still be able to put his combos up? i dont think so

Jason if you really feel like you should be more then 5th then ****ing prove it at tournaments or gtfo, srsly >_>
You don't quite get it... I think. We're not saying 2007 M2k is a better player than he was in 2009/2010, we're saying he was more consistent with the movement and spacing that he needed to do well. Of course he hasn't LOST the consistency he had, he just hasn't practiced or whatever he needs to do to get it up to what he needs for how good people have gotten.

Go back and watch his videos from those days and you'll see that he was near perfect in doing what he needed to do, and now you see mistakes that are uncharacteristic for him, not because HE ISN'T AS GOOD AS HE WAS, but because he seems to have lost the drive to try and get that perfection he had.

Also, NTSC > PAL, so you come here to prove yourselves. :)

PS: Jeff is the most carefree player in the world, so he'd do those combos anyway.

hungrybox

Smash Legend
Orlando, FL (walking distance from the Loop)
Shark vs. Bear.

Sharks are better at swimming in water and ****.

Bears are better at running on land at you and clawing your ****ing jugular.

Which animal is better?

Better yet, which one would win in a fight?

The two questions aren't related; winning a match does not make you a BETTER player than the person you beat.

You just can't compare a shark and a bear in a fight.

A bear would flail around in the ocean until it drowned.
A shark would flail around in the forest until some Asian guy caught it and uploaded vids of it to YouTube.

More on topic, I don't think Mango should get his own "tier". However, a national power ranking system similar to brawl's would raise enthusiasm in the Melee scene AND answer many of the questions people have posted.

:D i like waffles

Luma

Smash Lord
maybe its not possible beeing this consistent in the current metagame?

and AHAHAHAHAHAH @ ntsc > pal, so balance is bad?

sry but from your post everything i can see is: america is awesome, **** the rest

PS: prove it

Little England

Smash Master
Purdue, W Lafayette IN Rancho Cucamonga, SoCal
Another thing I don't get. Why do Europeans think Americans have so much pride in our country. We really don't. When I see the comments that Amsah and Luma make (ie. Americans always think they're the best lalalala) it just seems like a testament to the pride they have in their OWN countries/their continent. This is obviously not a bash on those guys, just an observation.

Also, I think Amsah has been the least biased throughout this thread. M2K is pretty emotional. I think that was/is will be his downfall in this game and irl unless he grows a pair. ;) Where's that '05/'06 robotic fox main Mew2king? He was so much more confident than this new m2k. =[

everlasting yayuhzz

Smash Champion
maybe its not possible beeing this consistent in the current metagame?

and AHAHAHAHAHAH @ ntsc > pal, so balance is bad?

sry but from your post everything i can see is: america is awesome, **** the rest

PS: prove it
You're stupid. There are people who are consistent almost 100% of the time in what they do in game. I think you're just too blind with Armada's nutsack hanging in your face to see that I didn't say a single thing about America being amazing in that post. I simply said M2K's level of consistency in relation to the average skill level of the top pros has fallen off since those days.

The NTSC thing was a joke, but I think your head is too far up Amsah's *** to see that one.

America is awesome, by the way.

PS: don't need to, Jeff's already beaten your best bhahahaha.

PPS: I didn't come here to troll, but people like you force my hand.

Öni

Smash Cadet
Another thing I don't get. Why do Europeans think Americans have so much pride in our country. We really don't. When I see the comments that Amsah and Luma make (ie. Americans always think they're the best lalalala) it just seems like a testament to the pride they have in their OWN countries/their continent. This is obviously not a bash on those guys, just an observation.
Did you read the "Armada is the best Peach in the world" - thread, which appeared a few weeks before Genesis? The thread got erased...

EVERY American only posted:
Haha lol he's European. He sucks.
USA USA USA!!!
His opponets are noobs.
USA USA USA!!!
M2K doesn't loose to Peach!!
USA USA USA!!!

What happened? A lot of **** talk, Mango trolled the EU-board with his "USA USA USA!!!"'s

I also remember Videos with predictions for Genesis. "I don't know how good Armada is, but he's European and plays the PAL version, lol. Maybe he'll get Top 25"

---> http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?p=7280017#post7280017 just one example.

M2K lost to him (and DSW and Mango), but of course he still wasn't better AND no other European was good, because they didn't show up in the US and you know it only counts in the US...

But there are other things, too :D

@ HBox: I like your logic, but comparing this to a shark and a bear is simply wrong. And if you do so, then the shark Armada won on land against the bear M2K...

I love the M2K's prime argument xD
My prime was even better than M2K's but you guys didn't see it, because it only lasted for 20 minutes, but since it happened I'm better than M2K (although now he is better than I am, but thats not what matters, since we still think we are in 07)

everlasting yayuhzz

Smash Champion
Did you read the "Armada is the best Peach in the world" - thread, which appeared a few weeks before Genesis? The thread got erased...

EVERY American only posted:
Haha lol he's European. He sucks.
USA USA USA!!!
His opponets are noobs.
USA USA USA!!!
M2K doesn't loose to Peach!!
USA USA USA!!!

What happened? A lot of **** talk, Mango trolled the EU-board with his "USA USA USA!!!"'s

I also remember Videos with predictions for Genesis. "I don't know how good Armada is, but he's European and plays the PAL version, lol. Maybe he'll get Top 25"

---> http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?p=7280017#post7280017 just one example.

M2K lost to him (and DSW and Mango), but of course he still wasn't better AND no other European was good, because they didn't show up in the US and you know it only counts in the US...

But there are other things, too :D

@ HBox: I like your logic, but comparing this to a shark and a bear is simply wrong. And if you do so, then the shark Armada won on land against the bear M2K...

I love the M2K's prime argument xD
My prime was even better than M2K's but you guys didn't see it, because it only lasted for 20 minutes, but since it happened I'm better than M2K (although now he is better than I am, but thats not what matters, since we still think we are in 07)
Pretty sure it goes you prove yourself and then people respect you, which is why it happened to Armada. He proved himself to be good, and now he's respected.

That's like me going to the NBA, saying I could dominate the league. They have no reason to believe me, so they will laugh at me. Same thing goes for this.

You ***** and moan about America always saying we're great, but you guys do nothing in these threads but cockride Armada and Amsah, and that's basically it. Read your stupid post cockridecockridecockride.

And the difference between your prime and his prime is that he actually is good, makes money and beats notable people on a regular basis. Good joke logic! Actually, you didn't even fully comprehend the statements made, because your logic makes no sense when compared to it! Good job on being a typical idiot!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom