• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Top 5 Brawl [ US | CAN | MEX]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tearbear

Smash Ace
regional bias might have not been the right word
but you seem not to know a lot of names for someone who looks into a lot of results either that or you have a bad memory. im more mad at the fact that my wins that were "farmed" were shot down just because those guys are now inactive. if dojo were to have quit right after he lost to MF would megafox's win be less? and I have used fox a couple of times this year, a couple times at this college tourny that didnt really have any notable players but two people and once at champion against luke who beat shiro but lost to scizor theres only been like 3 tournys in socal. edit: also went fox a couple games at some TJ tourny I dont remember the date but it doesnt matter since I didnt beat anyone good

and the tourny i beat havok at was at a mk banned tourny but he goes snake against fox anyways

matches of my fox mekos since he asked
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PKNY5NywtiQ me vs pitbull
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oiT5Cw51nWk me vs havok game 2
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JVWoEavDwgI me vs havok game 3

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zbavllaBePM me vs bam in a friendly at wgf

Sinister Slush

❄ I miss my kind ❄
BRoomer
NNID
SinisterSlush
Hah, got an infraction.
Anyways, yes I have bad memory, but I also don't check your results. I only know of Megafox's cause he basically joins almost every tournament I attend.
Dojo played Megafox again at the LSC Championships I think and MF lost.

Krystedez

Awaken the Path
Well farmed wins aren't neccessarily inactive people, I listed them as farmed because they are no longer power ranked / rated in the Top 5 thread. I'm not discreditting your wins, but what I AM doing is saying that MF's wins seemed more impressive, given that both of you guys haven't played with Fox that much this year.

And as far as people that I do or don't know, can you honestly tell me you know everyone in the MW or EC, Tear? The same is likewise for me, only Im in Mw and don't know everyone from EC or WC or Canada or Mexico. I took over the thread not only in order to foster the community growth for you guys and knowledge of players in all regions, but also as a learning experience for myself.

I'm not going to know every player in other words.

I will definitely look at your videos though and still, I feel it's pretty much even chances between the two of you. I'd like to see you go farther with Fox instead of worrying about whether you're above Mega or not.

[FBC] ESAM

Smash Legend
I would mention people to not use me for wins.

But nobody beats me but Vinnie/Peach players

TeeVee

Smash Lord
so why am i not top 5 zss when i have better wins than every zss other than nick

*disappears into the mist*

Krystedez

Awaken the Path
Shut up, no you dont.

Vs. Marth

Vs. Olimar

Yeaaaaa sonnnnn
I don't know what it is but your snake is really fun to watch. I'll be bookmarking/watchinglaterlisting these.

Toonlink! PJ should be above Jerm and MAYBE KT.

:phone:
:toonlink:... I dunno if PJ wants to be on this list but like, everyone was saying he should be first a million posts ago, LOL... Is there any merit to this claim?

I'm also interested in updating Donkey Kong and Sheik. Anyone else you guys want to figure out please suggest them.

Juushichi

sugoi ~ sugoi ~
There's nothing to say for Sheik.

The good ones that play are already mentioned.

TeeVee, you have worse wins than Salem and DRN. I think we went over this or something similar... oh, years and years ago every other time you've brought it up.

Juushichi

sugoi ~ sugoi ~
Oh word? That's really impressive then.

Do you think that puts him above Ed or Judo? I think that a lot of people consider the two of them to be pretty interchangeable. Maybe this means that Billy might be with them in terms of best Sheik.

C.J.

Smash Master
While that is certainly really impressive, is that his only notable win? I'm not a fan of people being shot up because of a singular win.

Juushichi

sugoi ~ sugoi ~
Have you also played Ed, MJG?

It's pretty hard to tell the great Sheiks apart, IMO since they all are in areas that have differing strong characters and all of them don't travel very much. AL, FL (I think that's where Ed is from) and KY are all very different areas.

Sync.

Smash Champion
Yes, I think PJ should be moved up. He has solid wins and has done fairly well OoS (when he actually has gone OoS).

He's beaten Bloodcross, vVv Cheese, Denti, K Prime, me, Illmatic, Infern, ALSM, Infinity, King Beef, Dark Peach, Pwii and Stockfield.

I think he's earned his spot as #3 or #4 on the list.

Honestly, it should be

1. MJG (super deserves first)
2. Jash (he beat MikeHaze in pools at Apex but didn't get out among having other good results)
3. KT/PJ
4. KT/PJ
5. Jerm

The only reason why I'd put KT below PJ is because I beat him in a MM(2-1) at Apex and I'm 2-1 with PJ in tournament sets. Also, I don't really know KT's wins...

Jerm is definitely inactive though. He goes to tournaments every now and then, but is usually getting the same place or getting slightly outplaced by PJ.

z00ted

The Assault of Laughter ﷼
Yeah, I'll vouch for Pj although he hasn't beaten me since like October.

Tesh

Smash Hero
Yo I beat PJ in a money match once. If he is good can I be good too?

Neon!

Smash Lord
I could definitely see Nairo being 2nd best DK.

1. Will
2. Nairo
3. Cable
4. Dr. Grandpa
5. Ripple

A lot of these players are mostly inactive but no other DK's have any notable wins as of recent.

I think all of the TLs above PJ have a more solid technique than PJ, and that PJ should remain where he is.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom