• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Top 5 Brawl [ US | CAN | MEX]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Krystedez

Awaken the Path
yeah but I have just as good wins

Havok, zekey, raz(was ranked at the time) X2, pitbull, ACx2, icedx(ranked in tj), soid(ranked in tj), X(mm), bam(mm), Japanese yoshi guy(mm), and some others that arnt so notable

A win on havok is impressive too since he actually knows the fox vs snake MU

also id like to vouch, once again, for pitbull
hes been doing pretty well lately like I said before his most recent good wins r on havok and vato and has taken games off me, tyrant, and larry in the past and has usually placed top 5 at most locals

You mean this?

You're already on Fox with 5th, Mega for 4th.

Far as Pitbull goes I'm going to put him in 4th if you guys think he's worth being better rated than D.Disciple.

Also Trela is 1st, read OP >=(

Seagull Joe

Smash Legend
NNID
SeagullJoe
Not sure why Trela wasn't put as #1 since last year anyways.
Because June is better then Trela. He consistently proves that whenever he enters a tourney and they're at the same tourney. Too bad June has been pretty inactive because of school.
You mean this?

Far as Pitbull goes I'm going to put him in 4th if you guys think he's worth being better rated than D.Disciple.

June>Trela, but inactivity should put June at 2nd.
Trela places better than Junebug and has better wins.
Of course he places better. June hasn't entered anything since December.

:018:

Tearbear

Smash Ace
You mean this?

im looking for a reason not why hes above me could you explain?

also what has the fonz done

Tony T

Smash Ace
Order for Lucario

1. Trela

2. Junebugx

3. Pitbull

4. Fonz

5. DDisciple

Any Objections?

Junebugx moves down to 2nd due to inactivity
Pitbull moves up to 3rd due to wins and being active
Fonz moves down to 4th due to inactivity
DDisciple moves down to 5th due to inactivity

Does that sound about right Krys?

Krystedez

Awaken the Path
Tearbear:

Espy sonic 1
Poltergust Yoshi 2
KPrime Pika 3
FK ZSS Power
Dojo MK Power
shlike ZSS Farmed

Zekey Dedede 2
X Sonic 2
Pitbull Lucario 4
Havok Snake 5
Soid Snake Power
icedx Lucario farmed
AC wolf Farmed
karamity Yoshi farmed
Raz ???
X2 ???
bam ??
japanese yoshi??
ACx2 ???

You're fairly similar top 5 wins and power ranking wins, but you added a bunch of people that aren't ranked anymore or people that I have no clue who they are (unless by Raz you mean Raziek, which I don't know what his skill level his to be honest)... The ones with questions by there names are ones Im having trouble figuring out.

The ones with farmed by their names are people that used to be top 5 or ranked.

So I mean, I feel like he took better names (Espy polt Kprime), but you have recent wins which is good, and Havok... Are ALL of those with Fox?

EDIT: @ Tony that sounds about right. Ill wait for a bit to make sure with everyone else since we're talkin about :fox: AND :lucario: now lol.

Tearbear

Smash Ace
soid is ranked in tj just to help clarify

raz as in razmakazi the peach he was ranked top 5 peach at the time and was ranked in socal at the time and the x2 meant I beat him twice
bam isnt a notable win but I just thought I would throw him in there just cause so you can ignore that
and AC x2 means i beat him twice like i said. the japanese yoshi was karamity so yeah

I dont think you should count wins less if they arnt currently ranked

[FBC] ESAM

Smash Legend
This is also a CURRENT ranking, not one from the past. You can't say "Oh I beat this person a year ago when they were good" because it is irrelevant to the current rankings.

Sinister Slush

❄ I miss my kind ❄
BRoomer
NNID
SinisterSlush
Japanese Yoshi guy? That was most likely Karamity still, but he also uses Fox.
Also, X and Bam (Karamity I guess confirmed for the third) were MMs if I recall from your post, Tearbear.

Don't you also use everyone under the sun?

Tearbear

Smash Ace
yeah but like all of my wins are from late 2011 and such

like the oldest win would be on raz from october.

yeah X and karamity were MMs(bam too)

and I do use a lot of people but for most of the tournys I would go oli/fox/falco I got ranked with random cause some matches I would go random so they didnt want to list a bunch of characters. the only person I didnt go full fox on was pitbull

edit to make some things a lil more clear and a add on: edit:
AC was just recently taken on wolf top 5 list for being inactive. does that really make my win count as less? I mean hes inactive but still good he beat havok and mike before the end of the year hes just inactive aside from that and now he uses mk/snake mostly

I know that win on dojo isnt that recent either so yeah

Krystedez

Awaken the Path
I forgot to mention that I updated the rules btw, so please look at them.

http://www.smashboards.com/showpost.php?p=12073408&postcount=2

As for fox I don't know really how to gauge all of your wins, I'd much prefer some time period from MegaFox's wins as well. I'd probably disregard all of your wins that are from people that were ranked a year ago, as well as his win on Dojo since he's only power ranked. So even looking at that, you guys are really even far as high level player wins you've got :/ ... I mean, he beat Kprime... and the "better " sonic. You got zekey (dedede, a pretty nice mu for fox), and a Lucario who's only just starting to impress. Even so... I dunno.

I think it'd be nice to see if one of you all goes to WHOBO or stays active over the other.

Tearbear

Smash Ace
a year ago?

try a couple months ago

Zss is pretty free for fox too all she has in down smash and not to discredit kprime at all but thats the 2nd fox hes lost to. havok is pretty good at the fox MU he goes even with tkd and he beat megafox. and my AC wins are from the same time as my other wins I dont understand how you could count those out just because hes no longer ranked, on here, as of recently and hes pretty good at the fox MU considering he plays with tkd

Exceladon City

Smash Hero
For sonic I believe the vast majority, including espy have named meekspeedy indisputably 3rd. That much should be changed for sure (swapping him and speeds positions)

After that it gets less clear. However it seems to me as though the sonic community felt d1aos narrowly deserves 4th.

Fifth looks like a toss up, largely between wedge and speed, granted with a few darkhorses in the running.

Speed performed appealingly abysmal at apex. Getting 4th seed in his round one pool. However it was quite frankly the most horribly seeded rd 1 pool. Which is definitely saying something.

Regardless, wedge 2-0d everyone in his round 1 pool including logic.

Speed miiiight be 5th best, and has beaten a number of notable players in the past, but recent results give wedge the... Edge? harhar

1-espy
2-x
3-meek
4-d1aos
5-wedge/speed

X could also be argued for first. But I'm not touching that.
X's 2nd round pool was absolutely free. Like if he were in the pool Espy was in, he would've gotten lit up.

Seagull, Nicole, Dabuz and Hylian. I could see him beating Nicole because she's godawful at fighting Sonic but the other 3 would have SLAYED X.

Cassio

Smash Master
FYI while i believe megafox has beaten K Prime I dont believe he has done so with Fox. Still, his fox is really impressive.

Cassio

Smash Master
I think youre thinking of Zeton. Ive spoken with Megafox before and I dont think hes ever used fox against Prime unless its something pretty recent I didnt hear about. His Snake and Marth are pretty good too though and believe he uses them for certain MUs.

Tesh

Smash Hero
Can someone PLEASE put Trela as #1 Lucario?
Does this even need to be discussed?
Wait, how...

Did Trela move down to 2 or has he always been 2? I forget since last time we updated.

Long as there is no objections I can move Trela up to 1, but I would like to know his most recent performance before I do.
Trela places better than Junebug and has better wins.
Didn't M2K lose to Junebug at SiiS or KTAR (I remember it was the same weekend Trela beat Dojo at Nikefest 4) and then beat Trela pretty solidly later in the year?

I know beating the best MK in the country isn't the only thing that matters, but I don't see why people think its "obvious" that Trela is better.

As Coney said, recently Trela just beat Razer twice, then Gnes twice (in 2 different tournaments), but there isn't anything to compare it to anymore.

X's 2nd round pool was absolutely free. Like if he were in the pool Espy was in, he would've gotten lit up.

Seagull, Nicole, Dabuz and Hylian. I could see him beating Nicole because she's godawful at fighting Sonic but the other 3 would have SLAYED X.
__X__ R2 pool looked like one of the easiest. It was one of the only R2 pools where you could clearly see the the top seed and the 2nd seed.

It was pool 32/32, maybe they just ran out of good players. :awesome:

With unviable characters like Sonic, it takes a bit of luck with brackets/pools to place high.

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
Am I the only one that thinks counting a Lucario's win over a Sonic is not that amazing of an accomplishment?
I mean, that match up is so incredibly free for Lucario. :applejack:

D

Deleted member

Id like to nominate tearbear for 5th best yoshi over slush, on behalf of the yoshi community.

Tesh

Smash Hero
Am I the only one that thinks counting a Lucario's win over a Sonic is not that amazing of an accomplishment?
I mean, that match up is so incredibly free for Lucario. :applejack:
If we don't count Lucario beating a Sonic, then we won't be able to count MK beating anyone.

Zekeishere

Smash Ace
So is this happening because of

or

or

or

http://www.quickmeme.com/meme/36fmuy/

http://www.quickmeme.com/meme/36fmus/

http://www.quickmeme.com/meme/36fmt7/

You know I <3 you Zekey!! :D

And Coney da bess obviously <3
I had my 10 minutes under the sun lol. You're probably better than me now anyways. I've been playing diddy tho.

BUT I GUESS THIS MAKES ME THE LAST TRUE DDD MAIN TO FIGHT AGAINST METAKNIGHT.

Since you and Coney have him banned in your regions. =P

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
Order for Lucario

1. Trela

2. Junebugx

3. Pitbull

4. Fonz

5. DDisciple

Any Objections?

Junebugx moves down to 2nd due to inactivity
Pitbull moves up to 3rd due to wins and being active
Fonz moves down to 4th due to inactivity
DDisciple moves down to 5th due to inactivity

Does that sound about right Krys?
Holy **** ive beaten the 3rd best Lucario

PieDisliker

Smash Lord
NNID
PieDisliker
I didn't see the top 5 group being required in the OP, let me know if I still need to join that to really discuss.

I kinda feel like JamesG might end up being qualified for a top 5 Lucario spot soon, if not now.

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=319233
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=318246 <--- OP results went missing but if you check later posts you can see details (http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=318246&highlight=JamesG&page=2)
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=313801

Keep an eye on this guy, minding my regional bias. I'd also lesser consider TheMauveAvenger a top 5 Kirby or Omega Tyrant a top 5 D3 (possibly wolf but that's a bit of an overstatement). Just trying to be helpful.

KageMurphy

Smash Master
BUT I GUESS THIS MAKES ME THE LAST TRUE DDD MAIN TO FIGHT AGAINST METAKNIGHT.

Since you and Coney have him banned in your regions. =P
Unlike weak GA, we(MD/VA) haven't banned MK at anything, we aren't scrubs, Coney is just better then you lol.

:017:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom