• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Top 5 Brawl [ US | CAN | MEX]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Krystedez

Awaken the Path
Yink is like, one of the biggest contributors and voices of Ness in the community; she personally has dealt with a lot of the character's meta and it's players.

I do know she has beaten several a good player, but she no longer plays and her achievements have been overlooked. Primarily, if she was as active as FOW and the others, the only thing holding her back would be her results. Her head to head wins alone are impressive imo. She also held Brainshock.

@ Coney I'd like to see some results of him using ness, I've heard many a good thing, but I can't tell if people are underrating him or aren't taking him seriously :p

SK92

Smash Journeyman
yep and i still remain in the third slot of the falcos....:)
hopefully yall will see me at tournaments....besides vegas locals.
been busy with college.......but that doesn't mean im rusty.
Im down to travel again.

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
Dammit you told me you were rusty last time I asked if you wanted to go to E4U! :mad:

Sheik is honestly pretty set. I've been more active than judo as of recent but no really big wins to put me over. Billy and Tutu are fine as is. Maybe Tutu has been making a case for 3 with wins over Zinoto and others. For #5 tree is fine; no one can really move up to #5.
Doesn't Billy have wins over P1?

Idk there's no real way to distinguish between me and Billy, but I personally think Billy is a better Sheik than I am. I also think NOID's Sheik could be considered for top 5 based on what I saw at apex... Idk how active he uses her in tournaments though.

Patches

Smash Master
Got 5th in singles at SiD6 today, using only :gw:

Lost to Suzaku in pools.
Beat fuddo, 420biddies, and Bing in pools
Lost to V115 bracket twice, but beat DDM, Zhao_Guang and Poke in bracket.

:phone:

TeeVee

Smash Lord
at this point, it wouldnt be a stretch to say that pelca might be the 2nd best falco, hes at LEAST 3rd

Tesh

Smash Hero
Just won a singles and dubz tourney today going mostly pit, can I be top 5 now? :O
did you beat anyone good with Pit? seeding gives most top players free enough bracket that they can go "mostly" anything and still win.

Also v115 got 3rd at that canada tournament. Looking pretty amazing tbh. Just sooooo unfortunate.

Patches

Smash Master
V is mad legit. He should be #5 ZSS, IMO. He always places high at our tourneys. Only thing is he doesn't travel. Hoping to change that soon.

Shadocat

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3737-9651-3260
Patches top 5 G&W

V115 definitely Top 5 Zss

Get some more canada people to rep top 5.

Edit: And didnt dabuz also use pit in The Long Island Tourney a week ago??

Roller

Smash Legend
Sorry Patches, but I don't think those wins really help you that much. None of those players have proven themselves much in other regions to my knowledge, so we don't really know how good they are. And as smashers, that means we assume they are all free. :reverse:

I am pulling for you tho! You gon' be on that list this year if you keep working at it!

Fav :gw: <3

Vinnie's a pretty cool guy too I guess tho.. ;)

Dabuz

Fraud at Smash
wheres the results so you can be considered. The inheritant rule is at least 2 tournament debuts.
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=319687 (Yesterday's results. Used pit in EVERY set. Won at least a match with pit in every singles set.)

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=319220 (Results from a week ago. Used a little bit of pit in singles and dubz.)

Sidenote, I plan to have more pit results after Collision 2 which is coming up this weekend.

Patches

Smash Master
Sorry Patches, but I don't think those wins really help you that much. None of those players have proven themselves much in other regions to my knowledge, so we don't really know how good they are. And as smashers, that means we assume they are all free. :reverse:

I am pulling for you tho! You gon' be on that list this year if you keep working at it!

Fav :gw: <3

Vinnie's a pretty cool guy too I guess tho.. ;)
Lmfao, s'all good! I just figured I'd post my result anyways, cause if someone rough it up I would have been asked. Why waste time. ;D

Alphicans

Smash Hero
You are certainly getting better patches. It sucks for both of us since we live in regions that are pretty much completely unknown player/skill wise. Oh well, if you manage to beat tinman, joe or even infinite, you're probably gonna be seriously considered for a top5 GaW.

Tesh

Smash Hero
dabuz went mostly pit at a free tournament where his only competition was ninjalink and john. /top pit.

Krystedez

Awaken the Path
Luckay and Fyre both have more tournament results to speak of and a few names they've taken before. If Dabuz takes 1st again, he WILL be 5th though, because Luckay has no results to speak of in that position, AND he uses Pikachu sometimes in bracket as well.

Fyre on the other end just has a lack of tournaments :)

Tesh

Smash Hero
Luckay and Fyre both have more tournament results to speak of and a few names they've taken before. If Dabuz takes 1st again, he WILL be 5th though, because Luckay has no results to speak of in that position, AND he uses Pikachu sometimes in bracket as well.

Fyre on the other end just has a lack of tournaments :)
Dabuz vs John numbers/ninjalink. He didn't even use ALL pit to beat them he said.

Patches

Smash Master
You are certainly getting better patches. It sucks for both of us since we live in regions that are pretty much completely unknown player/skill wise. Oh well, if you manage to beat tinman, joe or even infinite, you're probably gonna be seriously considered for a top5 GaW.
Well. I placed 5th.

So did Tin.

Does that count? :yeahboi:

Krystedez

Awaken the Path
Dabuz vs John numbers/ninjalink. He didn't even use ALL pit to beat them he said.
Oh derp.

Well either way I encourage him to use Pit from here on. Just will take more than 2 tourneys to prove his Pit's worth since he's still using olimar where it counts. I did the same with Wario.

DeLux

Player that used to be Lux
Fyre should be a top 5 Pit imo

If we're throwing up Pits with results, I've come in like top 3 at the last three KS tournaments (all with some MWW attendance) with primarily Pit. I typically don't even use ICs until WF or Winners Semi's depending on when I run into MJG in bracket lol

Not saying I should be a top 5 pit, but saying typically the better players of their scene can use whoever they want and still place consistently given minimal effort.

KageMurphy

Smash Master
Fyre is trash at Brawl, Delux n Dabuz are delusional, beating a bunch of jobbers with Pit doesn't mean **** so get that crap out of here. Luckay should be 3rd or 4th Pit at the worse and he's actually gotten good wins like Lie and NOID, he places top 5 at our MD/VA locals the majority of the time and Pitzer is inactive so yeah.

:017:

DeLux

Delux n Dabuz are delusional, beating a bunch of jobbers with Pit doesn't mean **** so get that crap out of here. :017:
Can you read?

Not saying I should be a top 5 pit, but saying typically the better players of their scene can use whoever they want and still place consistently given minimal effort
You are also dead wrong on Fyre as well.

KageMurphy

Smash Master
Yes, but you are simply trying to plant the seeds that will enable you to be considered for a top 5 Pit, nice try but I'm sure you're better then Fyre at least, she's awful.

Player-1

Smash Legend
I don't think fyre is awful, but it's pretty if she's a top 5 pit. If she was then a large part of it would just be from activity of actually using pit in tournament. Lucky should definitely be 3rd or 4th i feel tho.

DeLux

Yes, but you are simply trying to plant the seeds that will enable you to be considered for a top 5 Pit, nice try but I'm sure you're better then Fyre at least, she's awful.

Caught on to my master plan >_>

But I maintain that I strongly disagree on Fyre.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom