• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Top 5 Brawl [ US | CAN | MEX]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
Ive never even heard of him before... Do you have any results or vids of him?

RaptorTEC

Smash Champion
K then. Didn't mean for it to sound flamish though I was just suprised xD

Edit: I think BerserkerSwordsman is an Ike main in NJ.
And yes imo you should be, P1.
:phone:

san.

1/Sympathy = Divide By Zero
NNID
Sansoldier
3DS FC
4957-2846-2924
I trained with Berserker Swordsman over the summer and we had a lot of friendlies and can attest to his skill.

It's just that Ike has a lot of grey area with inactive players in tourney (theeboredone, kimchi, and I guess Mr. Doom nowadays) and players who just live away from everyone (Nysyarc).

Ryo and I are interchangeable but I could see how he could be first due to his amazing progress over the past year.

1/2 Ryo, San
3/4/5 Nysyarc /Mr. Doom / Berserker Swordsman

If it came to it, I would put Ryo above me.
Mr. Doom hasn't been "inactive" long enough to fully get off the list yet, I believe.

theeboredone is active on the forums but I don't really hear much from him as far as tourneys go (he does go, but is infrequent afaik and places decently each time he goes), and Berserker Swordsman was ranked in PA before he left for the summer and is now back.

Even though Nysyarc is really far away in Nova Scotia, they have a few good players and he has been placing better there recently. Nysyarc is really difficult to place because none of them play USA players often.

So if I took off ties

1. Ryo
2. San
3. Nysyarc
4. Mr. Doom
5. Berserker Swordsman

I believe kimchi and theeboredone as well as a few others from Texas might be considered if they start getting noticed at tournaments. Then there are some talented players who only play wifi and are too scared to go to tournaments. (remember Dave vs Mikehaze?)

Nairo

Banned via Administration
Well MK is going to be banned anyway, so if MK is his only problem, what's stopping him at all come January? Also, being ranked #1 in his state/region and beating people like ADHD, Vinnie, Atomsk, Nairo, etc makes me consider him to be better.
he never beat me before 5-0!!!!!!! or somewhere like that LOL

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
@san

Mr. Doom wants to be off the list though, so you shouldn't include him. I would just toss theboredone on the 5th spot then

so

1. Ryo
2. San
3. Nysyarc
4. Berserker Swordsman
5. theboredone

Nike.

Smash Hero
Actually San, someone just posted all of Bored's recent results (Austin, TX is making their PR).

May 7, 2011 - HoM 2 (45 entrants) - http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?p=12673438#post12673438
17: Bored

July 2, 2011 - Phase X-2 (24 entrants) - http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=306475
9: Bored

Oct 8, 2011 - Revolution 6 (38 Entrants) - http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=312357
17: TheBoredOne

Oct 30, 2011 - Subway Fight Night (27 entrants) - http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=313432
9: Bored
I guess, uhh, judge it for yourself lol.
There might be tourneys missing since May, not sure though.

san.

1/Sympathy = Divide By Zero
NNID
Sansoldier
3DS FC
4957-2846-2924
@Ussi and Nike

Okay, good to know.

Yeah, Bored places decently every time he attends.

Nike.

Smash Hero
So like.
For Falco.

What does the 4-5 place look like now?
I have no idea what his list should look like after DEHF/Shugo/Sk92.

Nike.

Smash Hero
I would think that the usual suspects would be something like:

• Bleachingo
  • Arty
  • Xaltis
  • DJ Arcatek
  • Bloodcross (doesn't he use more MK, though?)
  • Choice
  • Kismet (didn't know he switched back, pretty cool)
  • Xzax

Namesearch and regional bias bait has been set.

Two-Ell

Smash Master
lol no bias from me. DJ Arcatek and Xaltis haven't been up to much since KTAR6. Neither should be on the list atm. also who's DJ Artek? xD

Xaltis is picking back up though and DJ has been more interested in Marvel as of late, but they both are attending Apex so we'll see how they do there. Kismet switching back is kinda expected considering the ban next year. I don't quite remember what BC told the Falcos on what his plans are.

:rosalina:

Razmakazi

Smash Champion
for the olimars ima throw out there that anuar just won a socal tourney on sat. beat vato (ranked like 9), beat mikehaze, beat rich in winners finals and grand finals.

idk how much mk he used on rich though.

M@v

Subarashii!
Good. I see I'm not the only who was coming in here to rally for berserker to be a top 5 ike. For people wanting to see vids of berserker, I have 1 set of his from this weekend. Its his set in loser's vs toronto joe. Should be up later today :).

I can also attest to his skill. I'll try to keep this as unbiased as possible because he's in my crew, but anyway:
-He used to use more characters, but has fallen back to almost solo ike
-He used to be power ranked in pennsylvania, but hasn't recently due to tournament inactivity. He has been active this season and will very likely be ranked.
-The tournament that sparked this discussion was my tourney on Sunday, /Hope4. After losing to Toronto Joe 2nd round, he tore through losers bracket (beating me in bracket for the first time in the process :3), and only lost when he ran into toronto joe again, finishing 5th. And the 2nd set was much, MUCH closer than the first. I'm salty he didn't win.

Last tournament before this was Clash. I forget his placing, but I do remember he had a close set with mekos there. He will be at APEX as well.

San I still think your better than Ryo, but you guys would know better than I would I guess. I'm mm'ing both of you at apex so I'll be able to judge better after those sets :D

Also for Falcos 4 and 5, its hard because it really is a mixup between a lot of people.

From the one's you listed...
  • Bloodcross (How much Falco he uses varies from tourney to tourney. I've seen him go mostly falco one tourney, then almost full mk the next, then some tourneys hes 50-50.)
  • Choice
  • Kismet (If he keeps playing mostly falco)
  • Xzax

Those 4 would be the ones I would consider. If this was 1 year ago i would say kismet hands down for one of the spots. But as I said, don't know exactly how much Falco he's been playing as of late.

Roller

Smash Legend
Just read this. Did you seriously make this post thinking you're better than Slush, Me, Sharky, YOSH, MX? O_O No offense dude but you get mediocre placings in a state that isn't nearly as difficult as the other Yoshis mentioned who get just as good, if not, better placings. I thought this was a troll post (especially when I read the argument was almost beating people) but damn.

Im not going to start a flame war here cuz I already said Im just going to wait to prove myself anyway, but Im almost 100% positive that im better than 3 of the people you mentioned. Not going to say who to avoid conflict, but the other 2 Ive felt pretty even with, and lately my results/skill has greatly increased, so I felt I might have a shot.
I've beaten every yoshi I've played out of the players named in these posts. That includes both of you (though I've only played you, Raptor in friendlies.) I think you're all cool guys. But none of these names should be getting thrown out there for top anything, imo.

Delta, Hades, Polt, and Firefly are the only ones who have done anything at all worth mentioning; and nobody cares about who comes after them on this list, because quite frankly none of you are worthy of being mentioned in the same sentence as the ones I listed.

Except my boy, Scatz. But he is not at all active.

COME TO MORE TOURNEYS, *****.

Player-1

Smash Legend
Kismet has gone Falco the last 3 tournaments I think, but they were all MK banned. I'm not sure who'd he'd use in an MK legal tournament, but I think he'll be switching between the two at Apex.

Last three tournaments his results were:
-1st beating Reflex (only super notable player there)
-5th losing to me and 4God, but beating DRN
-3rd losing to elev8 and reflex (I think), beating me. For those who don't know who elev8 is though, he is a really good IC player that's reflex's brother who was wrecking for a good bit in GA/AL getting top 3 consistently, but stopped playing due to him getting married so he's not just some random

MegaRobMan

Smash Hero
@People who mentioned Choice...is he still active? Wolf boards are trying to figure out where he's at and if he still AT LEAST secondaries Wolf.

z00ted

The Assault of Laughter ﷼
Pretty dominant performance in his area which has much better players.
Plus you can just tell from videos / gameplay.

Isn't SK92 sort of inactive?
I haven't heard anything about him since that >Shugo incident.

Zekeishere

Smash Ace
Lol NE is not a harder region than Vegas. Especially when Vegas frequents SoCal.

And if mid nov is enough to be inactive than say goodbye to half of the people on the charts. Co18 and ling ling and vex? Lol please.

Roller

Smash Legend
Lol NE is not a harder region than Vegas. Especially when Vegas frequents SoCal.

And if mid nov is enough to be inactive than say goodbye to half of the people on the charts. Co18 and ling ling and vex? Lol please.

...NE frequents NY/NJ.

NY/NJ>SoCal

Point negated.

But to avoid confusion, I don't care which is put over the other.

Scatz

Smash Champion
I've beaten every yoshi I've played out of the players named in these posts. That includes both of you (though I've only played you, Raptor in friendlies.) I think you're all cool guys. But none of these names should be getting thrown out there for top anything, imo.

Delta, Hades, Polt, and Firefly are the only ones who have done anything at all worth mentioning; and nobody cares about who comes after them on this list, because quite frankly none of you are worthy of being mentioned in the same sentence as the ones I listed.

Give me some ****ing money punk. I ain't got the luxury to drive short distances and/or practice with the scene constantly until I'm done with college.

z00ted

Sorry guys, I never hear from SoCal / Vegas / anything WC.
You guys really should post results on SWF more often.

Doubt the majority of these players even care, but....

Regarding the list:

:diddy:

1. Gnes
2. ADHD
3. Felix
4. Lie
5. Player-1

Gnes has been dominating Texas for a good while now, as well as performing extremely well at LSC.

ADHD has been quite inactive, and doesn't seem like he has much interest in this game after Apex.

Felix can keep his third place spot due to MLG or whatever and anything he has done lately (I'm pretty sure it's been great).

Not having Lie on the list at all prior to this new one is really a shame and based off of his recent performances and wins I feel as though he definitely deserves fourth.

I don't keep up with any of Player-1's stuff, so he can just fill us in.

Biglou is super inactive, so peace brah.

:falco:

1. DEHF
2. Shugo
3. SK92
3. Bloodcross
5. Kismet

Only switch here is adding in Bloodcross and taking off Arty and Bleachigo.
I guess it's up for debate whether he deserves third or fourth, although he looks like third best Falco in my eyes.

Kismet has been putting in more accomplishments than both Arty / Bleachigo from what I've seen.

:wario:

1. Malcolm
2. Bassem
3. Krystedez
4. Reflex
5. Waymas

See ya, Blue Rogue.
Hello, Waymas.

:olimar:

1. Dabuz
2. Rich Brown
3. Anuar
4. Denti
5. Logic

Dabuz should secure his place as top Olimar due to his recent accomplishments.

Rich Brown should stay in second, although he has been placing consistently in SoCal his merits don't currently hold up to Dabuz's, and he just lost to a formerly ranked fifth Olimar.

Anuar's recent performance should boost him to third place.

Denti hasn't really done anything to merit his drop other than Anuar pulling in stronger results.

Logic can stay at fifth.

:lucario:

1. Trela
2. Junebug
3. Fonz
4. D Disciple
5. Pitbull

People may call region bias, but I feel as though Trela has just been putting in wayyy too much work down here in Texas and he rightfully deserves first place.

The only people he loses to are Gnes and Razer and very rarely will lose due to an upset from another top five player. 99% of all players lose to Gnes and Razer, while he does beat either/or of them at times, or at least get close. Why should he have to suffer by staying in second?

Junebug DID beat Mew2King recently, but M2K has been dropping a sets more than often lately....

Rest of them I don't follow / lack knowledge.

:dedede:

1. Coney
2. Atomsk
3. CO18
4. Zekey
5. LingLing

Everything is fine, but I feel as though Zekey needs to be in here somewhere.

CO18 is inactive, so Zekey could take third... but do his accomplishments at least match what CO18 was able to do? Fourth seems like a safe bet unless I can get more information.

:kirby2:

1. Falln
2. Chudat
3. Y.B.M.
4. Mog X
5. Ling Ling

Falln has been taking sets off of top level players lately, and he also did extremely well at the Lone Star Circuit Championship.

Where is Chudat?

Rest of them I don't know enough about.

:rob:

1. HolyNightmare
2. t0mmy
3. Chibo
4. Stingers
5. Mr. Eric

I'm just switching HolyNightmare with t0mmy because I think everyone agrees that he is the top ROB at the moment.

I don't know enough about the other players, although I know they are good and there could be some switching between any other ranks.

:ike:

1. Ryo
2. San
3. Nysarc
4. Mr. Doom
5. Berserker Swordsman

/what San said

:luigi2:

1. Boss
2. MrConCon
3. BigLou
4. YoshQ
5. Jbandrew

Obviously MrConCon deserves second with his recent performance at Championship.
BigLou is also super inactive.

This is all just my opinion.
Feel free to share your thoughts.. but please don't flame me cause then I cry :c

Player-1

Smash Legend
Sorry guys, I never hear from SoCal / Vegas / anything WC.
You guys really should post results on SWF more often.

Doubt the majority of these players even care, but....

Regarding the list:

:diddy:

1. Gnes
2. ADHD
3. Felix
4. Lie
5. Player-1

Gnes has been dominating Texas for a good while now, as well as performing extremely well at LSC.

ADHD has been quite inactive, and doesn't seem like he has much interest in this game after Apex.

Felix can keep his third place spot due to MLG or whatever and anything he has done lately (I'm pretty sure it's been great).

Not having Lie on the list at all prior to this new one is really a shame and based off of his recent performances and wins I feel as though he definitely deserves fourth.

I don't keep up with any of Player-1's stuff, so he can just fill us in.

Biglou is super inactive, so peace brah.

I know Lie has been putting in work and all, but can someone tell me who he has beaten with solo Diddy? I always see Diddy + MK + other random characters next to his name. I'm not trying to get super defensive with my spot, cuz I've met Lie and played him and he's really good and all, I just would like to know who he has beaten with solo diddy.
:falco:

1. DEHF
2. Shugo
3. SK92
3. Bloodcross
5. Kismet

Only switch here is adding in Bloodcross and taking off Arty and Bleachigo.
I guess it's up for debate whether he deserves third or fourth, although he looks like third best Falco in my eyes.

Kismet has been putting in more accomplishments than both Arty / Bleachigo from what I've seen.

agreed

:wario:

1. Malcolm
2. Bassem
3. Krystedez
4. Reflex
5. Waymas

See ya, Blue Rogue.
Hello, Waymas.

I'm not too up to date with the Warios at the moment, but isn't Malcom pretty inactive? What kind of results does Waymas have?

:olimar:

1. Dabuz
2. Rich Brown
3. Anuar
4. Denti
5. Logic

Dabuz should secure his place as top Olimar due to his recent accomplishments.

Rich Brown should stay in second, although he has been placing consistently in SoCal his merits don't currently hold up to Dabuz's, and he just lost to a formerly ranked fifth Olimar.

Anuar's recent performance should boost him to third place.

Denti hasn't really done anything to merit his drop other than Anuar pulling in stronger results.

Logic can stay at fifth.

I'm not too up to date with Olimar results except RB and Dabuz, but I'd put logic over denti.

:lucario:

1. Trela
2. Junebug
3. Fonz
4. D Disciple
5. Pitbull

People may call region bias, but I feel as though Trela has just been putting in wayyy too much work down here in Texas and he rightfully deserves first place.

The only people he loses to are Gnes and Razer and very rarely will lose due to an upset from another top five player. 99% of all players lose to Gnes and Razer, while he does beat either/or of them at times, or at least get close. Why should he have to suffer by staying in second?

Junebug DID beat Mew2King recently, but M2K has been dropping a sets more than often lately....

Rest of them I don't follow / lack knowledge.

I think pitbull can be over D Disciple, his results in socal have pretty good, I know he got like 4th beating Havok at one tournament.

:dedede:

1. Coney
2. Atomsk
3. CO18
4. Zekey
5. LingLing

Everything is fine, but I feel as though Zekey needs to be in here somewhere.

CO18 is inactive, so Zekey could take third... but do his accomplishments at least match what CO18 was able to do? Fourth seems like a safe bet unless I can get more information.

CO18 and lingling are really inactive, take them both off. IMO 4God>Zekey easily. I think tech chase could be a contender for 5th, but I don't really know anyone else who plays D3.

:kirby2:

1. Falln
2. Chudat
3. Y.B.M.
4. Mog X
5. Ling Ling

Falln has been taking sets off of top level players lately, and he also did extremely well at the Lone Star Circuit Championship.

Where is Chudat?

Rest of them I don't know enough about.

Take chu and lingling off, both have been inactive, I don't know who else could take their spot though. Chu might be able to stay on cuz he's registered for Apex brawl singles

:rob:

1. HolyNightmare
2. t0mmy
3. Chibo
4. Stingers
5. Mr. Eric

I'm just switching HolyNightmare with t0mmy because I think everyone agrees that he is the top ROB at the moment.

I don't know enough about the other players, although I know they are good and there could be some switching between any other ranks.

Stingers>Chibo IMO, is t0mmy active anymore?

:ike:

1. Ryo
2. San
3. Nysarc
4. Mr. Doom
5. Berserker Swordsman

/what San said

:luigi2:

1. Boss
2. MrConCon
3. BigLou
4. YoshQ
5. Jbandrew

Obviously MrConCon deserves second with his recent performance at Championship.
BigLou is also super inactive.

BigLou is inactive so take him off if there's another Luigi player we can put on there

This is all just my opinion.
Feel free to share your thoughts.. but please don't flame me cause then I cry :c

responses in red

Sinister Slush

❄ I miss my kind ❄
BRoomer
NNID
SinisterSlush

Just read this.
We haven't played yet, though I think we're fixing this at APEX.
Also, trying not to be rude, but lately Firefly has been using other characters to win, If not MK or Diddy, I believe he's tried using DK in a set.

What a terrible 3000th post.

z00ted

responses in red
Yeah, I basically agree with everything you've said.

And idk too much about Lie, but whenever I watch him play he beats notable players with Diddy Kong for the most part.

Juushichi

sugoi ~ sugoi ~
Fonz is inactive atm, don't know how much interest he has. I know Springfield (Ohio) plays a lot of Marvel now though. I think Disciple has been inactive as well, iirc he just got married.

Luc 3-5 should be: Pitbull > Fonz > D.D.

Aren't there a ton of decent and above DDD mains in SoCal?

If you're unsure of #5 DDD, go with Technical_Chase (MI) or Fizzle_Boy (OH). Tech has generally been doing generally well in his state...

But, Fizzle won the tournament in Bloomington, IN last weekend vs the likes of Kel (MK-less - 3rd), Hadesblade (2nd) and I think either Mister Eric or Ripple. This is an accomplishment that I don't think Tech can match though.

SiiS6 was a poor showing for Fizzle and he was inactive prior because Dayton died as a scene (which meant DJ Iskascribble also vanished) over the summer.

Take this as you will.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom