• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The tier list V.3 discussion (What next?)

Tenki

Smash Hero
Noone ever reads the stickies.

:[

it's kinda sad, considering our stickies are among the most up-to-date (or updated) on the site lol.
edit: and we put soooo much love info juicy steak filling into them, too.
random plug: new sig

Le_THieN

Smash Lord
Noone ever reads the stickies.

:[

it's kinda sad, considering our stickies are among the most up-to-date (or updated) on the site lol.

random plug: new sig
Well, if it's any consolation, I'm genuinely intrigued by the character, and I don't see how it would hurt me (or anyone else for that matter) to learn as much as possible from this experience, starting with Sonic. I'd rather not get my *** randomly beat by a random Sonic player. I would have never heard the end of it after OH SNAP!. =)

Tenki

Smash Hero
seriously though, our stickies have a metric king's ***load of information. reference, anyone?

Side-B: Charge cancel
Now we get to the fun stuff. Imagine Sonic running at you. He can dash attack, dash grab, or jump. When you hear that sound, get ready for a dash attack.
Here he comes!
-spin sound-
SPOTDODGE!
???!

..and you get grabbed.

Many players are conditioned (by bad Sonic players) for straightforward attacks. Heck, you can condition your opponents for it mid-game! You can use the sound to get to reflexive players' heads.

On another side of things, in the middle of a fight where you're rushing your opponent and attacking often, you can begin and hold the charge for about 1/2 - 1 second. This usually brings out one of two reactions: A preparation against your spindash's release (usually prepare for an attack or grab), or an attack to hit you out of charge/as soon as you release (aggressive attack). For the first case, you'll have to do a bit of reading on your opponent to prepare a counterattack. Believe it or not, the second case is actually much easier to deal with. While charging, if your opponent jumps at you, then shield/spotdodge out of the spindash. You can usually grab opponents out of their aerials.

Like I mentioned before, side-B is an amazing defensive tool. With a combination of its close-range counterattack via invincibility and shield cancels, you can use it to effectively camp in your opponent's face and bait an approach or a punishable defensive reaction from your opponent. And if your opponent catches on and tries to grab you? Release the charge. They can't grab invincibility frames.​

ASC cancel
TL;DR​

:) Develop your own tricks, develop your own game, and "learn to player".

So there you have it.

Hopefully, if you managed to read all of this crap and keep up with it this far, you should feel a little more confident in using all your spindashes correctly/efficiently. But please, especially if you just found out about something (prime example: ASC)...

Don't spam moves

=] that will be all.

...yeah. Good luck with that.

Kinzer

Mammy
NNID
Kinzer
3DS FC
2251-6533-0581
LOL that's sad, and I'm not pointing this directly at you Thien (Hell I can't even blame you for it) but NOBODY reads the stickies. XD

Jim Morrison

Smash Authority
Mostly because our stickies are TL;DR threads. Tenki's thread kind of scared me with 3 full posts. Sonic guide too is very long and lots to read. Index thread is a bunch of threads. Matchup thread is kind of messed up atm, for Green being away.

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
Pee Es: I wholeheartedly accept my nomination as the hedgehog tamer. =)
Actually, I would think the correct term is 'steakling'.

Sorry that I don't have anything new or fresh to discuss, just wanted to get this out of the way.

Oh, and I really look forward to showing you how fast Sonic can be played at FS5 THieN. 3K's Sonic is slow (still awesome though).

Mmhmm. I'm getting so ****ed pumped for that one event.

Le_THieN

Smash Lord
Actually, I would think the correct term is 'steakling'.

Sorry that I don't have anything new or fresh to discuss, just wanted to get this out of the way.

Oh, and I really look forward to showing you how fast Sonic can be played at FS5 THieN. 3K's Sonic is slow (still awesome though).

Mmhmm. I'm getting so ****ed pumped for that one event.
LOL, you'll probably whoop the **** out of me. =)

I'm not excited about the drive, but I get to tear Hylian apart in friendlies all night tomorrow night, so it's all good.

Jim Morrison

Smash Authority
I've never been to a tournament, but it's gotta be sooo lame to be eliminated the first round.

Go, go, go Espy, I want you to go Super Shawnik Steak mode.

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
You know, even in my first ever tournament of Smash, I've never been knocked out first...
Uh oh, I think I just jinxed myself, XD.

Imma just do my best.

R4ZE

Smash Ace
atleast the tier list recognizes how gay mk and snake are.

the makers of the tier list arent focused on sonic at all so im suprised/happy that a climbed at all. but i suspoect he will climb more as the good players are able to showcase his abilities.

Blistering Speed

Smash Champion
Who cares about placings?
We're just scrubs who are playing other scrubs, so our results aren't viable. I can say this false statement without any evidence because I'm in the SBR.

I should be off to a tournament if there's enough people (Smashfest if there's not 13+) mid February. I know it won't count for much as it's small and we're all scrubby, even though like England's best players have said they're going, lol.

:093:
What tournament? I'm English and find it impossible to find tournaments. Also out of curiosity, England has best players now? I can't think of one name.

ROOOOY!

Smash Master
NNID
Gengite
3DS FC
5456-0280-5804
Blistering Speed, we're in Lincolnshire.
It probably won't end up a tournament, just a Smashfest. If it was a tournament it would be a small scale one. Melee and Brawl.

And best players is a bit subjective. Aiko said he's going, who if I recall correctly, won TKI, the first (?) major English tournament. There will be a fair few good players though.

The main point I was getting at was that even though smaller tournies count for nothing in Ankoku's chart, they can't really consider who is there. For example, I saw results a few months back where a Sonic/Mario/Marth main had won a gamestop tourney or something with 97 entrants, and I'd never heard of any of them :\

And meh. Sonic won't really move much around the tier list. People should resign themselves to not caring and just accepting right now.

Xiahou Dun

Smash Ace
Just go to the European forums that Chis linked up thar ^^
I did. They don't seem to recognise anywhere other then London as existing. Apart from 1 Birmingham tournament which is about as far away as London but in a different direction. I also saw a couple scattered tournaments moving further up north. Absolutely nothing for the Southwest... :/

Blistering Speed

Smash Champion
Blistering Speed, we're in Lincolnshire.
It probably won't end up a tournament, just a Smashfest. If it was a tournament it would be a small scale one. Melee and Brawl.

And best players is a bit subjective. Aiko said he's going, who if I recall correctly, won TKI, the first (?) major English tournament. There will be a fair few good players though.
Tsk shame, competitive smash is so hard to come by here. I do vaguely remember an Aiko, I think from Melee (or maybe Im just thinking of Aniki). Good luck to you anyway.

Y-Y-Y-Yorkshire!!!!
What's interesting is how soon the next tier list is coming out. It's only 6 months away...does anyone think Sonic (or any other character for that matter) will change a right lot both character and tier position wise?
Holy **** yes! I live in North Yorkshire!

I could definately see Olimar moving up moreso (even though he moved up the most out of anyone this list). I can also see Sonic moving up two more places by next list, barring some make or break discovery, but most of the SBR are too stubborn to change their mind's drastically about Sonic.

ROOOOY!

Smash Master
NNID
Gengite
3DS FC
5456-0280-5804
This won't count as a 'big tournament' to any of the SBR now...will it?

Majority : 93 people? Must've all been scrubs. *ignores result*

:093:

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
Yes. They will hopefully be up by the end of the week.

You get to watch me choke in my last stock vs. Razer in our last part of the match.
I coulda gotten 3rd... XD

Oh well, next time.

JayBee

Smash Champion
NNID
jamesbrownjrva
lol. im just trying to pay more attention to ranking sonics, so i was glad to hear about Espy, for example. But I guess seeing Puffball fail will be fun too.

You sir, are without steak. :)

JayBee

Smash Champion
NNID
jamesbrownjrva
Sonic soft banned? lol wut

because he is so good that people are beginning to ban him in tourneys. jk.

LOL I'm not even kidding about this though. Game Table Tournament 1/10 Results : check it. Malcolm gets 5th but as Wario because there was a soft ban on Sonic (and someone else). this is hilarious. Steak tier actually exists...:laugh:

ROOOOY!

Smash Master
NNID
Gengite
3DS FC
5456-0280-5804
What the ****?

Lol, that's terrible.

But then, he is F tier.

F for fantastic.

MK can suck on his 'Super ****' tier, and Marth and those lot can rot in A tier. A for Awful.

JayBee

Smash Champion
NNID
jamesbrownjrva
nothing on metaknight though. ladies and gentleman. We need to save the world. from itself.

PS: I'm noticing some people are using my old ban metaknigt sig in thier own across smashboards. I have too much power... mwahahahaha

Ryan-K

Smash Master
do you guys enjoy being stupid or something?

it's called a joke

stop eavesdropping on other people's scenes and taking their inside jokes seriously when you don't know what the **** you're talking about.

i can tell you don't know what you're talking about because malcolm has seconded wario since forever you ****ing idiots

Top Bottom