• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social The Social Thread 3.2.1

Favorite announcement of this Direct?

• Total voters

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Mario & Luigi, the entire DKC series on the Switch, playable Zelda in a mainline game, large ass Mario Party, Marvel vs Capcom on a Nintendo platform, Metroid Prime 4 bruh what the **** Nintendo y’all actually insane

and to think that if all the games on the Switch are accessible to the Switch 2…and then both consoles have their games accessible on the Switch 3…Nintendo might’ve found the ultimate lifehack

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593
Gonna prepare a poll on everyone’s favorite announcements from this direct. Before I start, I’ll take requests on what you want in the poll. Quote this post and I’ll try and include it in the poll.

Before requesting, note that all Nintendo published games automatically have a spot.

Michele

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-4494-7438-0796
We're so back, everyone. We're so back with the new Mario and Luigi games. And they are finally going back to using the original characters like Bowser Inside Story and Dream Team did back in the day. It really feels like the series has regained its own soul. I'm going to be picking up the game as soon as it comes out. We're. So. ****ing. Back.

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
The Marvel vs. Capcom collection was everything that I was hoping for - I wasn't sure if they'd include the Punisher beat-em-up as well, but they did. I'm getting that one as soon as possible. (I might even get a physical copy if that's an option - I usually don't do that with these retro collections, but I'm tempted)

The Zelda game was an unexpected surprise - I'm looking forward to seeing how speedrunners break the game using the echo system.

Bit of a shame that the only DKC news that we got was a remake of DKC Returns, but I'm glad to finally see some gameplay footage of Metroid Prime 4.

Hopefully the fact that they're bringing the N64 Online 17+ app to places other than Japan means that there will be more games coming to that. I'm not sure which ones (the N64 didn't have a huge M-rated library), but at least Conker's Bad Fur Day is now possible. (maybe Resident Evil 2 or Doom 64) Also, the new Mario & Luigi game looks like fun, and I'm glad to see Nintendo doing more with the Mario RPGs in general.

Last edited:

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Also wild there’s a dk theme park coming and Nintendo went “eh just re release returns on the switch, we don’t need a new one”

And left it at that.

Noipoi

Howdy!
Also wild there’s a dk theme park coming and Nintendo went “eh just re release returns on the switch, we don’t need a new one”

And left it at that.
Well tbf the theme park takes heavily from Returns. If there was any DK game to tie into the park it’d be this one.

Reactions: Z25

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
Ahem, what about the new Mario & Luigi game and Dragon Quest remakes?
DQ1 and 2 should be packed in with 3, it's like when Capcom sold you the good and bad halves of MMX in two separate collections.
I am not convinced by the new M&L.

cashregister9

Smash Hero
This was a really good direct with a lot of things I will have to get, but I also can't help but feel that there was not much I have to get right at launch.

Mario & Luigi Brothership looks really good. I feel like that is really all I can say at this point.

DKCR is DKCR, Peak

I have to see more of Echoes of Wisdom, I am very happy there is finally a game with Zelda as a playable character, but something about the gameplay looked underwhelming to me, but that is probably because we are literally just seeing it for the first time. Still excited

Super Mario Party Jamboree is a bad name, also Nintendo Acknowledge a Gamecube Mario Party challenge.

Metroid Prime 4 is one of those things, where any new information about it has taken so long that I can't really get hyped about it, it is more of an "Oh thank god this is finally not dead"

For me the stars were the Capcom Marvel Collection and Dragon Quest HD-2D

Also no bingo but I got close

Last edited:

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
The direct was cool cause there was something for everyone. I feel like the previous directs skewed far torwards one specific audience, but this one definitely had a more broad scope.
It has a little something for everyone. It really makes you FEEL like a plumber...or a farmer...or a bounty hunter...or a superhero fighting a zombie apocalype-survivng cop...or a princess...or a Hobbit.

But not some kind of knight that's hollow.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
MARVEL VS CAPCOM IS BACK GRAAAAAGHH!!!! DOOMERS BEGONE!!! THERE IS ALWAYS HOPE!!! DREAMS NEVER DIE!! FIGHT FOR EVERLASTING PEACE!!! WITH GREAT POWER COMES GREAT RESPONSIBLITY!!!

I still gotta grab the Mega Man Battle Network Collection(which already sold 1.3 million copies), hoping to get both of these around the same time!! Maybe I'll be able to get it for like 40 bucks.

THE PRIME 4!!! THE PRIME 4 IS REAL!!

Mario and Luigi also looks really, REALLY good.

DKCR gets probably it's definitive release, Though it looks a lot less HD than the other ports of games we've seen recently.

Edgeworth's games are getting a collection, and one of these is finally worldwide.

The New Mario Party looks good and has more than 5 boards, so it's peak already.

A Zelda game where you actually play as Zelda. Not surprised they wanted the gameplay to be wildly different to justify using a different character. Basically big braining your way out of every situation instead.

The NSO stuff is also neat, I think KI2 is the only major one missing for N64 Rare titles from what I can remember.

I also beat Mega Man World 3. It was pretty fun! Not quite as cracked as the NES versions, but good takes on Mega Man 3 and 4 stages.

KillerCage

Smash Master
Safe to say the Nintendo Direct was a slam dunk with my personal highlights being Mario & Luigi: Brothership, Mio, The Legend of Zelda: Echoes of Wisdom, Metroid Zero Mission, Ace Attorney Investigations Collection, and Metroid Prime 4: Beyond.

cashregister9

Smash Hero
Oh **** how did I forget AAI, that was also hype (Although hype was dampened for me by being leaked early)

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
After waiting until the end of its life cycle to give the fans what they’ve been waiting years for, does Nintendo Switch has games?

Jondolio

Smash Hero
So out of the games announced in this direct I'm interested in the new M&L, new Zelda, DKCR HD (I've already played it on the 3DS but never completed it, glad we're getting a version that doesn't give me hand cramp), Ace Attorney Investigation Collection, the Dragon Quest remakes and Metroid Prime 4.

But Wind Waker and Twilight Princess HD didn't get announced so I have to keep my Wii U, the direct is a 0/10

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
It definitely gives the impression they scaled its graphics down from what it’s suppose to be, plus a short teaser. But it being a dual release seemed the likeliest option at this point.
I've been thinking it was gonna be a Twilight Princess/Breath of the Wild situation for like the last 3 1/2 years. I still think this now too.

After waiting until the end of its life cycle to give the fans what they’ve been waiting years for, does Nintendo Switch has games?
Yeah it's got Switch games. And also every Wii-U game you'd care about, on a system you care about!

Reactions: Z25
Top Bottom