• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social The Social Thread 3.2.1

Favorite announcement of this Direct?

• Total voters

Pink Yoshi

Smash Champion
Tbh I think we should start laying off of Snake, it feels like bullying if we're gonna habe a conversation like this, especially in her face
Generally I try to stay out of these things cuz I'm always scared I'll put my foot in my mouth (that or I'm distracted by other stuff while things go this way). But I believe that all of you are good people, and even though we make mistakes, there's always opportunities to learn.

Maybe it's my optimistic ass but I see the best in y'all and thus I don't usually get involved in situations like this unless I genuinely do think I have something worthwhile to say.

Course I wasn't really able to engage in the MvC convo anyway cuz the main fighting games I'm into are Smash and SoulCalibur - and ARMS if it even counts.

All I say is that whatever happens with the media we're into, I hope y'all are happy with them in the end :happysheep:

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
But real talk, I've been doing job hunts for some time now. Rn I work part time and it's some nights and some weekends, and that's cool and all but the pay is low (the hourly amount is fine but low hours means I don't make $20k a year) and things are getting more expensive so I gotta move on.

I'm looking at the regular 8/9-5 grind. High school and college me would have hated hearing that, but you know having a stable scheduele, good pay, and good hours and not having to work weekends sounds like a dream nowadays.

I will say there was a lesson to be learned there, and that's job hopping is 100% ok and don't let anyone tell you otherwise. Don't tie yourself to one company

dezeray112

Smash Hero
View attachment 391579
These news do go so hard actually, means that by having the movie take place in an alternate reality they can focus on making the whole thing as great as possible and leave the whole MCU ties and such for a post credit scene. That way the movie will be able to stand on its own merits and not rely on watching the rest of the MCU movies to work. Also fitting to have the Wandavision director handle the visual stuff of a period piece in the 1960s. It actually could work really well specially with the writers of the new Planet Of The Apes movie.

Btw, check out the official Marvel podcast where the news come from: It actually has some interesting interviews and they Talk about the return of MvC.
Kevin also mentioned briefly about the Disney+ series Wonder Man which is believed to be starring Yahya Abdul-Mateen II as the lead role. I believe that Shang-Chi director Destin Daniel Cretton is directing and I do hope that the series turns out to be good.

EDIT:

It's official, Marvel Studios will be at Hall H of San Diego Comic Con this year:

Would be cool if we got Pedro Pascal and Vanessa Kirby on there with the costumes and all, similar to Dwayne Johnson back in the Black Adam promotion and the High Evolutionary.

I'd expect a load of news on their upcoming and latest projects at SDCC (as well as the Disney D23 Expo), but hopefully with the creative control back in Marvel Studios' hands, they can get back to produce quality films like they used to.

Last edited:

Jondolio

Smash Hero
Really ****ing hate the later levels in Bayonetta. Like bro I'm straight up not having a good time

This game loves throwing random shooting sessions that don't mesh with the regular gameplay of Bayonetta at all and on top of that they're difficult as ****. Also I may have said that I'm not planning on completing this game but that does not make me any less ticked off whenever I hear Enzo's "oh what a day" like yeah I get it I ****ing suck at this, no need to rub it in my face all the time

I fee like the first half was challenging but overall fair but the level design in the latter half of the game is just unfair and unfun.

Jondolio

Smash Hero
Playing very difficult 3d action games (I'm more used to 2d games because that's most of what I play) made me realize that maybe I don't want to get into soulslikes

Jotadé

Smash Ace
Ya'll, I'm eating a sandwhich of ham and cheddar cheese and It is the best thing in the world. Wish I could have a second House made of Cheddar cheese to eat It all 🤤...

Wait, yeah Competitive Pokémon. One of my IRL friends (specifically the one Who lives in Madrid, I think osby osby Cutie Gwen Cutie Gwen and Noipoi Noipoi have seen his face on very old PMs) is actually a competitive Pokémon and Nuzlocke player. He makes It seems quite fun to watch, ngl.

But yeah, competitive Pokémon isn't really my thing, I am more of a Pokémon lore and spin-offs enjoyer if you ask me.

... God this sandwich is delicious.

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
Really ****ing hate the later levels in Bayonetta. Like bro I'm straight up not having a good time

This game loves throwing random shooting sessions that don't mesh with the regular gameplay of Bayonetta at all and on top of that they're difficult as ****. Also I may have said that I'm not planning on completing this game but that does not make me any less ticked off whenever I hear Enzo's "oh what a day" like yeah I get it I ****ing suck at this, no need to rub it in my face all the time

I fee like the first half was challenging but overall fair but the level design in the latter half of the game is just unfair and unfun.
Thankfully, the later games tone down those bits, or at least don't make them drag on as long. (the motorcycle section was kind of rough, especially if you get into the wrong lane and are going against traffic)

Plus, the final bosses in this game more than make up for them. (well, maybe not on replays haha)

Last edited:

Jotadé

Smash Ace
RIP Bill Cobbs

He was one of the original three nightguards from Night At The Museum and was also on Air Bud by Disney:
MV5BNDhlMzE3M2MtNTc0NC00NWZjLTliNjQtNjQ1NWUyNTQ3YTIzXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyOTc5MDI5NjE@._V1_.jpg

I personally will miss him, he and the other two were underrated parts from the Museum movies.

Jondolio

Smash Hero
Thankfully, the later games tone down those bits, or at least don't make them drag on as long. (the motorcycle section was kind of rough, especially if you get into the wrong lane and are going against traffic)
Honestly the motorcycle section wasn't as bad as the space shooter section where the simple act of dodging gives you motion sickness, there's so many enemies on the screen that you have to have superhuman reflexes to avoid everything and that's followed up by a long and extremely difficult boss fight that's full of quick time events, including some that instantly kill you in a game that really doesn't want you to use healing items

Sorry but that Jeanne fight made me want to get Pamphicas'd

Pink Yoshi

Smash Champion
Ya'll, I'm eating a sandwhich of ham and cheddar cheese and It is the best thing in the world. Wish I could have a second House made of Cheddar cheese to eat It all 🤤...

Wait, yeah Competitive Pokémon. One of my IRL friends (specifically the one Who lives in Madrid, I think osby osby Cutie Gwen Cutie Gwen and Noipoi Noipoi have seen his face on very old PMs) is actually a competitive Pokémon and Nuzlocke player. He makes It seems quite fun to watch, ngl.

But yeah, competitive Pokémon isn't really my thing, I am more of a Pokémon lore and spin-offs enjoyer if you ask me.

... God this sandwich is delicious.
I love a good cheese sandwich. Had one today, actually.

I have a lot of butter on mine lol

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
I really wanna preorder It as well, but I'll probably do so after preordering the Collector's Edition of Dragon Quest 3 Remake and Marvel VS Capcom Collection.

Mostly to make sure I have enough money for the three of them.
I wanna preorder too but I mostly wait until im not required to save my card info

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
Honestly the motorcycle section wasn't as bad as the space shooter section where the simple act of dodging gives you motion sickness, there's so many enemies on the screen that you have to have superhuman reflexes to avoid everything and that's followed up by a long and extremely difficult boss fight that's full of quick time events, including some that instantly kill you in a game that really doesn't want you to use healing items

Sorry but that Jeanne fight made me want to get Pamphicas'd
Yeah, that section's probably one of the low points in the game. It drags on for too long and the act of dodging is rough. (Bayo 2 has a plane section towards the end, but the simple change of "not rotating the camera every single time that you dodge" makes it much more bearable and less likely to cause motion sickness)

Top Bottom