• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social The Social Thread 3.2.1

Favorite announcement of this Direct?

• Total voters

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Yeah, maybe It is my autism and ADHD pushing me to do It or just social anxiety, but I have this tendency of saying everything I think out loud (basically like Spider-Man does in the 90s cartoon whenever he was swinging around).

It's like... A feeling of wanting people know my full honesty regarding any kind of thing. A matter of trust where maybe if I say everything I think out loud people won't be suspecting I am thinking weird stuff or any random thing.

It is something I need to work out, because I know really well that not talking can sometimes do more than saying everything you think on every situation.
It's not even that, you're going to assume the worst so if they reply saying "Hey, I don't have anything against you", you would assume they're lying. If they say nothing because they're not sure how to respond, you'll assume they hate you. You deserve better than constant mental anguish due to your own assumptions

Roguewolf

Smash Lord
And I love the iconic character, Maximus the Mad.

What, never heard of him? Fake fan I fear
the idea of a Marvel fan gatekeeping someone based on the ****ing inhumane is hilarious to me

their name is the inhuman’s, that’s the name a writer on a deadline to show his brand new superhero team picks an hour before the pitch meeting

That being said i can’t believe you don’t know who gorgon is you are literal scum bro

Edit: I’m keeping the typo because that’s what that name is for storytelling

Last edited:

Jotadé

Smash Ace
It's not even that, you're going to assume the worst so if they reply saying "Hey, I don't have anything against you", you would assume they're lying. If they say nothing because they're not sure how to respond, you'll assume they hate you. You deserve better than constant mental anguish due to your own assumptions
Yeah, you do have a point there. I do genuiely feel that I need to let my head rest for a day or two at least.

Because yeah, I have my grandpa's health stuff, the money problem and mathematics for all the stuff I wanna buy, the whole trying to find a career to study, the well-being of my cousins Who also have social anxiety, making sure my IRL friends are all safe and doing well... Yeah, I'm sure you can relate with those feelings Gwen, when you have so many stuff going on at once that your brain just can't catch a break.

Yeah, I think a second shower besides the one I took in the morning will come in handy.

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
the idea of a Marvel fan gatekeeping someone based on the ****ing inhumane is hilarious to me

there name is the inhuman’s, that’s the name a writer on a deadline to show his brand new superhero team picks an hour before the pitch meeting

That being said i can’t believe you don’t know who gorgon is you are literal scum bro

Marvel fans when you'd rather read Spider Man instead of Blim Blorb, the limited run series from the early 50s staring iconic superhero Crup Blorbo vs Professor Parmesan (it was written by Stan Lee, are they stupid)

Jotadé

Smash Ace
And I love the iconic character, Maximus the Mad.

What, never heard of him? Fake fan I fear

there name is the inhuman’s, that’s the name a writer on a deadline to show his brand new superhero team picks an hour before the pitch meeting

Ok, but can I be real for a moment among all this talk about the Inhumans? Crystal kinda goes hard:
Crystal.jpg

She has the power to control the four elements and is the closest inhuman to Lockjaw the dog. She also dated Johnny Storm for a while (should have been Wyatt Wingfoot Who dated Johnny, just saying) and she has been a member of the Fantastic Four whenever one of the main members wasn't available.

She's basically Marvel's Aang or Korra and that goes hard. Glad she has been added into various Marvel games recently.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Its hitting me that I have no idea who the Inhumans are. I only know Black Bolt, Medusa, Lockjaw cause he was in the Ms. Marvel Comics, and Ms. Marvel who shouldn't even be an inhuman in the first place.
I actually really like the inhuman royal family. Wish they had gotten a fair shake in the films.

Roguewolf

Smash Lord
Ok, but can I be real for a moment among all this talk about the Inhumans? Crystal kinda goes hard:
View attachment 391561
She has the power to control the four elements and is the closest inhuman to Lockjaw the dog. She also dated Johnny Storm for a while (should have been Wyatt Wingfoot Who dated Johnny, just saying) and she has been a member of the Fantastic Four whenever one of the main members wasn't available.

She's basically Marvel's Aang or Korra and that goes hard. Glad she has been added into various Marvel games recently.
The real shame of being an inhuman is they have to be in the inhuman stories and pretty much only in inhuman stories

Design and charachter can be as fire as you like if the editor never wants to put their name on the front with a well reasoned and executed story they’ll most likely fade into obscurity
And the inhumans storytelling method has proven to be a fast track into obscurity
I don’t know how the hell people know even black bolt cool as his design is

Last edited:

Roguewolf

Smash Lord
He was in the latest Dr. Strange movie.
Yeah but he was a semi known quantity before that as well is what I’m getting at
I don’t even have an issue with any of the inhumans characters Individually I just think their story’s are forgettable and uninspired often

Ms marvel definitely should of stayed an inhuman though for a second it looked like she could save the inhumans brand

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
Yeah but he was a semi known quantity before that as well is what I’m getting at
I don’t even have an issue with any of the inhumans characters Individually I just think their story’s are forgettable and uninspired often

Ms marvel definitely should of stayed an inhuman though for a second it looked like she could save the inhumans brand
It's wild too cause early in Kamala's comics she met with the Inhuman royal family and they set it up like they were gonna have good significance but... no.

What's even wilder is that Lockjaw was actually an important character during her pre-reboot comics. I'm not sure if he's still around in Mutant Menace, I should probably read it.

Last edited:

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Acerola is off to find the one piece now:

Jotadé

Smash Ace
Welp, looks like I can't take a shower until 8:30am (mostly because It is currently 5:56am and my mother doesn't want me to wake up grandpa, which is understandable).

Guess I'm gonna hang around until then.
Also she's pissed AF about me using the phone at all on these hours, but idk, not sure what else to do when I can't sleep even when I try to.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Its hitting me that I have no idea who the Inhumans are. I only know Black Bolt, Medusa, Lockjaw cause he was in the Ms. Marvel Comics, and Ms. Marvel who shouldn't even be an inhuman in the first place.
Kamala was made into an Inhuman due to Disney and Marvel not wanting Fox to get a hold on her. Only known due to her creator stating so…got worse once Kamala literally became the only Inhuman that was seen around in comics up until a few weeks ago

…and this pettiness is why she’s a inhumutant human instead of just one or the other

Last edited:

Jondolio

Smash Hero
I'm not an MvC fan (the franchise is conceptually very cool but I'm no good at fighting games unfortunately) but I hate Infinite's roster on principal because it was mandated by ****ing Disney (a company I have just about no good will for anymore) and it shows because it's so ****ing sterile and boring on the Marvel side. The X-Men cuts look even more pathetic in hindsight cause this game released the year before Ultimate

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Welp, looks like I can't take a shower until 8:30am (mostly because It is currently 5:56am and my mother doesn't want me to wake up grandpa, which is understandable).

Guess I'm gonna hang around until then.
Also she's pissed AF about me using the phone at all on these hours, but idk, not sure what else to do when I can't sleep even when I try to.
Sorry to hear, hope you can relax
I'm not an MvC fan (the franchise is conceptually very cool but I'm no good at fighting games unfortunately) but I hate Infinite's roster on principal because it was mandated by ****ing Disney (a company I have just about no good will for anymore) and it shows because it's so ****ing sterile and boring on the Marvel side. The X-Men cuts look even more pathetic in hindsight cause this game released the year before Ultimate
I mean. Smash Ultimate is an exceptional game, let's be real. The bigger issue is Infinite's launch roster being 18 characters less than what UMvC3 ended up with, the game had a bunch of reused assets on the Marvel side this time too unlike 3 having to make most of it's cast from the ground up, the DLC propped it up to base Marvel 3's amount, 36. Modern fighting games have smaller rosters but come on, the reused assets were all there ripe for the picking even!

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
This is speculation….

but….

Pokémon Masters July update seems to confirm a presents for this month imo.

Theres 11 new units and what looks like a new type of event focused on rivals that will run every so often with new pairs for rivals.

The only thing that goes against it is that there’s no login bonus for the presents listed, like how masters had one back in February.

You could argue that this is just something they shadow drop during the presents as to not spoil the day ahead of time though.

So for now, I’m calling presents this July. Go also has dynamax and gmax coming, which further supports this.

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
The 2018 fg release that actually did MvCI in was Dragon Ball FighterZ

Hey here's a 3v3 tag fighter instead of a 2v2 tag fighter and it actually looks ****ing amazing and has none of the baggage of having to follow up on anything and has a ton of love for the source material.

Speed Weed

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-1814-1029-3514
My take is I would have been more forgiving towards MvCI's roster if they actually made good use of the rest of the Marvel Universe that was still at their disposal. They did not

Also I actually agree to not really being a fan of the X-Men dominance in the earlier games but that's because they started as X-Men games and MvC2 was an asset flip. 3 was already much better about this

Jotadé

Smash Ace
Was able to sleep eventually thankfully 🙏🏼

Also already had my appointment with the doctor, they have asked me to take some medicament for the nose since it could be the current weather messing with It what makes It hard to breathe for me.

Jondolio

Smash Hero
So I might be jumping the gun since I still haven't beaten the first game, but is Bayonetta 3 worth playing? I heard it doesn't live up to the first two games and that the story is pretty bad but not much else. I've heard even less about the spinoff that came out last year

osby

Smash Obsessed
So I might be jumping the gun since I still haven't beaten the first game, but is Bayonetta 3 worth playing? I heard it doesn't live up to the first two games and that the story is pretty bad but not much else. I've heard even less about the spinoff that came out last year
It's certainly weaker compared to the previous games in terms of story.

In terms of gameplay, I think it's great but some stuff like how Viola's mechanics and boss battles straying too far from regular battles can rub you the wrong way. It's also generally easier than 2.

Cereza and the Lost Demon can be fun but it's a bit undercooked and is completely different in tone and genre.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
Crystal.jpg
Crystal.jpg

Heeey I'm a Crystal now.

Where are my avatar powers?

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
…and I didn’t notice FE Fate’s birthday was yesterday so here’s an old meme that reminds you of the 2 major things people seemingly prefer to talk about
1719407573664.png

people outside the FE community will realize you’re a good game outside of bonk material one day Fates…I promise you’ll get your casual fan acknowledgment

and also Forrin will forever be the superior Corrin

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
3 has better music and gameplay, but the story is kinda muddied. Great acting (and a much better person as Bayonetta), but the great acting, music, and gameplay is kinda wasted on a controversial story

Origins, despite the drastically different gameplay, does manage to make 3’s story make sense while also building up Cereza’s character as a child (it also possibly has the best story told out of the 4 games)

Alphine Agnitio

Certified Nerd™
Genuiely would love to bring my two cents to the whole convo, although It seems the main people talking are Schnee117 who has... A very unpredictable attitude towards me (maybe It depends on how their day is going, idk) and TheMightyP who may or may not want to bother with whatever I post for probably fair reasons.
Can I be real for a second? I understand how you're feeling(because I used to feel and act that exact way during my worst phases on this site) but it does feel a tad disingenuous how you keep playing the "woe is me" bit while simultaneously being glued to this site like its the only thing you have.

Like, I get it - I have adhd and autism too, I can't read social cues for ****. But - there is still a point where its gotta be you taking a concrete effort to improve yourself first instead of wallowing in your own pity. I didn't really have any actual friends until last year(I thought i did in 2022 but as it turns out "People I met staffing a furry discord server" on average tend to be assholes and political backstabbers more often then not, go figure) and a toxic relationship that I was emotionally attached to nonetheless - what finally got me out of that negative spiral of self loathing and mental breakdowns was meeting key friends who spiraled out into a friendgroup, got me into hobbies I hold dear now(I met a person who happened to be born in the same city I was nearly a month apart exactly, plays the same games I do, and happens to be a furry too, just by pure coincidence, and they got me into competitive splatoon and learning Japanese at the same time)

I'm also at the point where I'm making okay irl friends too, just cause I take the initiative and go out there to meet up with people irl by any means necessary - I roomed with a friend for a night just to make it to Nashville by 8am last Saturday because that was the only way I was gonna get to be in the pride parade(I hate American infrastructure because its so much goddamn gas money just to see my friend 45 minutes away in the next town over, smh, that's a different problem though)

Basically what I'm trying to say is - it really feels like you aren't taking any steps to improve yourself(especially not compared how you were acting a few years ago), just coping with your issues by venting it out on a public forum for a fighting game. And I mean like, there's nothing inherently wrong with that. But, at least imo, you gotta take that step of self improvement, instead of wallowing in your issues hoping they'll magically solve themselves. Do you know why I haven't been active here as much for years? Because I have more important things to do on the daily then care about what say, Noipoi thinks about me, or you, or Dutch, or Wade(who I haven't talked to in ages) I love ya'll here, but its just simply how it is, and I think that self reflection of "Do I really need to care about what they think of me?" would do wonders for you, mentally.

Top Bottom