• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social The Social Thread 3.2.1

Favorite announcement of this Direct?

• Total voters

Jotadé

Smash Ace
Can I be real for a second? I understand how you're feeling(because I used to feel and act that exact way during my worst phases on this site) but it does feel a tad disingenuous how you keep playing the "woe is me" bit while simultaneously being glued to this site like its the only thing you have.

Like, I get it - I have adhd and autism too, I can't read social cues for ****. But - there is still a point where its gotta be you taking a concrete effort to improve yourself first instead of wallowing in your own pity. I didn't really have any actual friends until last year(I thought i did in 2022 but as it turns out "People I met staffing a furry discord server" on average tend to be assholes and political backstabbers more often then not, go figure) and a toxic relationship that I was emotionally attached to nonetheless - what finally got me out of that negative spiral of self loathing and mental breakdowns was meeting key friends who spiraled out into a friendgroup, got me into hobbies I hold dear now(I met a person who happened to be born in the same city I was nearly a month apart exactly, plays the same games I do, and happens to be a furry too, just by pure coincidence, and they got me into competitive splatoon and learning Japanese at the same time)

I'm also at the point where I'm making okay irl friends too, just cause I take the initiative and go out there to meet up with people irl by any means necessary - I roomed with a friend for a night just to make it to Nashville by 8am last Saturday because that was the only way I was gonna get to be in the pride parade(I hate American infrastructure because its so much goddamn gas money just to see my friend 45 minutes away in the next town over, smh, that's a different problem though)

Basically what I'm trying to say is - it really feels like you aren't taking any steps to improve yourself(especially not compared how you were acting a few years ago), just coping with your issues by venting it out on a public forum for a fighting game. And I mean like, there's nothing inherently wrong with that. But, at least imo, you gotta take that step of self improvement, instead of wallowing in your issues hoping they'll magically solve themselves. Do you know why I haven't been active here as much for years? Because I have more important things to do on the daily then care about what say, Noipoi thinks about me, or you, or Dutch, or Wade(who I haven't talked to in ages) I love ya'll here, but its just simply how it is, and I think that self reflection of "Do I really need to care about what they think of me?" would do wonders for you, mentally.
Thanks Alphine for these wonderful words.

Not sure what else to say, because you are practically on point. I do need to stop delving so much into my issues and just focus on self-improvement. Hopefully I get into that media realization career I wanna get into because I really enjoyed my experience on media production. Basically something to be proactive and get myself busy.

I really appreciate all the time you took to write all of this ❤

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
I wanna buy myself a treat after an incredibly rough week but idk what, these are my options so far
View attachment 391577

Also I just read Superman Smashes The Klan. It's peak
You sure those metal slimes will stay put long enough for you to grab them?

Last edited:

Jotadé

Smash Ace
Yoooooo!
This reveal is so awesome. I do hope they bring back the original voice actor doh, his voice was part of what made Frank West so iconic.

I wanna buy myself a treat after an incredibly rough week but idk what, these are my options so far
View attachment 391577

Also I just read Superman Smashes The Klan. It's peak
Really love those Cloud and Aerith figures. And that Sonic statue goes hard if It is the one I am thinking of.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Honestly, if people want the x-men so much they should just make a new X-Men vs. Street Fighter.
Snake, we just dealt with this over 10 hours ago, people have issues with Infinite beyond the X-Men, Deadpool and Doom getting cut. That's perfectly fine even if it was the only issue, you need to stop feeling personally attacked and strawman everyone just because you have a different opinion. An opinion that nobody insulted, mind you

Jotadé

Smash Ace
Screenshot_2024-06-26-17-35-25-49_572064f74bd5f9fa804b05334aa4f912.jpg

These news do go so hard actually, means that by having the movie take place in an alternate reality they can focus on making the whole thing as great as possible and leave the whole MCU ties and such for a post credit scene. That way the movie will be able to stand on its own merits and not rely on watching the rest of the MCU movies to work. Also fitting to have the Wandavision director handle the visual stuff of a period piece in the 1960s. It actually could work really well specially with the writers of the new Planet Of The Apes movie.

Btw, check out the official Marvel podcast where the news come from: It actually has some interesting interviews and they Talk about the return of MvC.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Snake, we just dealt with this over 10 hours ago, people have issues with Infinite beyond the X-Men, Deadpool and Doom getting cut. That's perfectly fine even if it was the only issue, you need to stop feeling personally attacked and strawman everyone just because you have a different opinion. An opinion that nobody insulted, mind you
I know.... I still think such a game would be a good idea so people can like... get the x-men out of their systems.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
I know.... I still think such a game would be a good idea so people can like... get the x-men out of their systems.
This is incredibly petty behaivour to people who expect A-Listers in Marvel's games. You would be upset of someone used this argument against you
View attachment 391579
These news do go so hard actually, means that by having the movie take place in an alternate reality they can focus on making the whole thing as great as possible and leave the whole MCU ties and such for a post credit scene. That way the movie will be able to stand on its own merits and not rely on watching the rest of the MCU movies to work. Also fitting to have the Wandavision director handle the visual stuff of a period piece in the 1960s. It actually could work really well specially with the writers of the new Planet Of The Apes movie.

Btw, check out the official Marvel podcast where the news come from: It actually has some interesting interviews and they Talk about the return of MvC.
Bruh the MCU's been such a mess they're doing this? We truly are becoming accurate to comics, Mahershala Ali's probably seething at this news though. Justified btw

Jotadé

Smash Ace
This is incredibly petty behaivour to people who expect A-Listers in Marvel's games. You would be upset of someone used this argument against you

Bruh the MCU's been such a mess they're doing this? We truly are becoming accurate to comics, Mahershala Ali's probably seething at this news though. Justified btw
Honestly, I can understand why they want to start apart from the MCU for the Fantastic Four. They are Marvel's first comic book team and I'm sure Feige really wants to get It right so people forget the movies which came before and they can sell more characters. This choice allows them to focus on that without having audiences needing to watch other stuff released before or movies about unrelated characters.

I agree about Blade doh, that film's looking quite worriesome. Hopefully they manage to make It work out and I sadly am not sure. Cap 4 also doesn't interest me and I plan to not watch even if It has Harrison Ford. Nothing against Anthony Mackie, far from It he will probably be the best part of the movie alongside Ford... But I can't look past the IRL issues surrounding that movie.

Noipoi

Howdy!
They’re incredibly beloved Marvel characters. People are going to want them in a Marvel fighting game. It’s really that simple.

Thats not something you can “get out of people’s systems.”

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Honestly, I can understand why they want to start apart from the MCU for the Fantastic Four. They are Marvel's first comic book team and I'm sure Feige really wants to get It right so people forget the movies which came before and they can sell more characters. This choice allows them to focus on that without having audiences needing to watch other stuff released before or movies about unrelated characters.

I agree about Blade doh, that film's looking quite worriesome. Hopefully they manage to make It work out and I sadly am not sure. Cap 4 also doesn't interest me and I plan to not watch even if It has Harrison Ford. Nothing against Anthony Mackie, far from It he will probably be the best part of the movie alongside Ford... But I can't look past the IRL issues surrounding that movie.
At this point I want them to just reboot the MCU and start over with the ability to use all their characters from moment 1

Jondolio

Smash Hero
Whoever in 2009 Platinum Games that thought insta-kill quick time events in an already really hard boss fight in a game that limits healing items as is was a good idea, I hope you get smacked in the nuts at least once a year

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Whoever in 2009 Platinum Games that thought insta-kill quick time events in an already really hard boss fight in a game that limits healing items as is was a good idea, I hope you get smacked in the nuts at least once a year
Kamiya already quit Platinum and can't make games for over year, he's suffered enough

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
Wanting a notable Marvel franchise to have more than 0 characters in a Marvel fighter isn't because people are obsessed with X-Men. Would you say "they need to make a Spider-Man fighter so people can get him out of their systems" if there were people complaining about MvCI lacking Spider-Man if it did?

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
I'm having flashbacks to Terry and Byleth discourse lol "nobody knows who Terry is who is this rando"
I mean, that's not what's happening here lol, this is Snake not being able to say "I do not like the X-Men and did not miss them in Infinite" and just leave it at that

Jotadé

Smash Ace
It's official, Marvel Studios will be at Hall H of San Diego Comic Con this year:

Would be cool if we got Pedro Pascal and Vanessa Kirby on there with the costumes and all, similar to Dwayne Johnson back in the Black Adam promotion and the High Evolutionary.

I'm having flashbacks to Terry and Byleth discourse lol "nobody knows who Terry is who is this rando"
Don't forget Kazuya.
Can't believe people thought that the Guy Who has freaking action figures on toy stores all over Spain alongside the Dragon Ball aisle, was recognized even by my IRL friends who know nothing about traditional fighting games and starred in the most iconic 3D fighting games of the PS2 alongside the Budokai Tenkaichi titles was a literal who to them.

Jondolio

Smash Hero
I mean, that's not what's happening here lol, this is Snake not being able to say "I do not like the X-Men and did not miss them in Infinite" and just leave it at that
I don't really understand what's so hard to comprehend about people wanting beloved characters back, especially from THE person who posts their fantasy fighting game rosters every other week

Jotadé

Smash Ace

Noipoi

Howdy!
I don't really understand what's so hard to comprehend about people wanting beloved characters back, especially from THE person who posts their fantasy fighting game rosters every other week
It seems like she has this weird thing where if she doesn’t like something, she can’t comprehend why anyone else would. I’m not saying that’s exactly how she feels, I can’t read her mind, but it comes off that way a lot.

And sometimes that leads into “I don’t like this thing, I don’t know or care why anyone else does, so it shouldn’t exist” which just makes people frustrated.

Jondolio

Smash Hero
It seems like she has this weird thing where if she doesn’t like something, she can’t comprehend why anyone else would. I’m not saying that’s exactly how she feels, I can’t read her mind, but it comes off that way a lot.

And sometimes that leads into “I don’t like this thing, I don’t know or care why anyone else does, so it shouldn’t exist” which just makes people frustrated.
I don't get how anyone can feel this strongly about literally everything. Where does she even get the energy for it?
You know I wish there were was a way to erase certain memories, cause I'm thinking of a godawful joke I made in High School and I wanna die
Half of my memories are like this ngl

Noipoi

Howdy!
You know I wish there were was a way to erase certain memories, cause I'm thinking of a godawful joke I made in High School and I wanna die
I believe we need memories like that to keep us from making those mistakes again.

Wish there was a way to stop feeling so cringy about it though. I’ve got this one moment from when I was 13 that keeps me up at night.
I don't get how anyone can feel this strongly about literally everything. Where does she even get the energy for it?
The inner machinations of her mind are an enigma

Alphine Agnitio

Certified Nerd™

I am guilty of feeling this way about a few specific things(cough palworld) but one thing that helps a lot is that I'm just so busy all the time I don't have time to give a ****, lol

like right now I'm grinding Splatoon 3, about to get to my X rank rank up games(I also have a warm up session with my team tonight because we haven't played for a full week at 7pm) I have a duolingo lesson to do and Genki 1 3rd Ed I need to sit down and touch more then I have already, I was planning on going swimming today but its suppossed to storm all day, etc

I believe we need memories like that to keep us from making those mistakes again.

Wish there was a way to stop feeling so cringy about it though. I’ve got this one moment from when I was 13 that keeps me up at night.

The inner machinations of her mind are an enigma
if you look back at your old self and cringe, you've improved as a person, thats how I look at it

Last edited:

Jotadé

Smash Ace
Mood, ngl.

There are times when I am having a cool day, suddenly I remember something I did years ago be It IRL or online and I end up like this:
dfz0lfr-65c936dd-9260-4596-9182-152b5f3c2e05.jpg

One example is that one time in primary school where I didn't know the context of a conversation, a friend of mine was talking in the distance about something, I heard her say "off with her head!" and thought she was talking about a Disney magic play I went to the day before which featured the Queen Of Hearts.
So I went in, and said to her "oh yeah, the Queen Of Hearts segment was so hilarious. I lost It when that one card showed his number and It turned out to be Goofy!"
... They gave me a weird look. Nowadays I suspect they were talking about something else entirely.

But yeah, it's these dumb silly memories which suddenly come to our minds out of nowhere and has us thinking for a moment. Honestly, the best thing to do when that happens is appreciate what you learnt that day and be glad you have improved as a person ever since and know better. In my example I basically learnt to get the context of a conversation before saying anything.

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
Work's been kicking my ass these past couple of days. Hate to say it but age is catching up to me, fellas. :drsad:

On a more positive note, I bought a physical copy of the first Ace Attorney Trilogy. Pretty excited to tackle these games for the first time.
You think job is hard? I just got off a 36 hour unpaid shift working with no breaks and no lunch. I was down in the dirt in 110 degree weather with zero water breaks, sweltering as I was moving hot steel with my bare hands across 20 miles. This generation of liberal snowflakes doesn't know the definition of hard work.

Top Bottom