• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social The Social Thread 3.2.1

Favorite announcement of this Direct?

• Total voters

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
I can see why this was played quietly in the actual show.

Or would see, but that would be making eye contact.

PeridotGX

Smash Hero
NNID
Denoma5280
I can see why this was played quietly in the actual show.

Or would see, but that would be making eye contact.
When I heard the word "Spamtopia", I was expecting something Spamton-esque. Considering the rest of the show, I shouldn't have been, but I was still surprised by how it was even weirder than that.

Weirder than Spamton G. Spamton

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
LMAO this really made my night.

I finally beat TTYD. Died the first time trying to beat the Shadow Queen but finally did second time around but the true savior of the world was a Shy Guy. Hail the true hero of the world! Lol!

Shadow Queen was just at 1 HP and the Shy Guy came onto the stage and pulled the rope dropping a fork.

Now that I'm in post-game. Guess I'll do the Glitz Pit and Pit of 100 Trials twice (Facing Bonetail and the Whacka).

Last edited:

Dukefire

Smash Master
Well, I'll leave this for tonight about setting expectations on the direct tomorrow.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
I made a post on the Multiversus thread I regret but I just… can’t let it go. I know all my reasons for not being able to let it go sound like unhinged mad ravings but I still can’t stop it. What do I do? How do you just let things go?

Noipoi

Howdy!
I made a post on the Multiversus thread I regret but I just… can’t let it go. I know all my reasons for not being able to let it go sound like unhinged mad ravings but I still can’t stop it. What do I do? How do you just let things go?
I'm gonna be real with you for a second. Just the one, you better enjoy it.

When it comes to things that really bother you, not something that just annoys you but something that really just messes with your psychology on a deep level, you can't let it go. Not instantly.

It's gonna keep messing with you for a long time, and the only thing you can do is try and manage it. Distance yourself from it, focus on other things in your life, try new things, meet new faces, maybe even take some time to just feel the hurt for a little bit, there's no need to run away from your feelings. And hopefully that thing won't be such a big weight on you. And hopefully, after some time it might not even bother you at all.

Of course for most people this advice is for stuff like childhood trauma or witnessing something horrible, not a goddamn free to play cartoon fighting game which any person of sound mind would've just stopped caring about by now. But y'know, everyone's different :nifty:

Reactions: ---

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Anyone think Nintendo will do remakes for N64 Paper Mario and Super Paper Mario? I hope so. Love to see the first one in the animation of TTYD! :D

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Do I seriously have to Kill Whacka to make the final superboss spawn in TTYD?
No? He is the final super boss.

You have to beat bonetail to make whacka show up. Also hit whacka 8 times on the island and he’ll leave and head to the pit.

for mush you should have access to his fight if you’ve done the sidequest from the trouble center

Shroob

Sup?
No? He is the final super boss.

You have to beat bonetail to make whacka show up. Also hit whacka 8 times on the island and he’ll leave and head to the pit.

for mush you should have access to his fight if you’ve done the sidequest from the trouble center
That's what I mean. In the original TTYD on the GC, after you hit Whacka enough, he just straight up dies.

Reactions: Z25

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
God I wish I could just go out and get a soda to calm my nerves. But I can't. Even though there are 24 hour places around here I'd wake up my parents or get caught doing it on their doorbell cam and then I'd get in trouble.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
That's what I mean. In the original TTYD on the GC, after you hit Whacka enough, he just straight up dies.
The movers will be your friend.

Actually for 300 coins you can start at floor 50 the second time. So that helps a lot.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
So on the Chris Pratt casting for Mario, it grew on me. I think he had a decent take on Mario the character. It wasn't the best of them but it worked.

Now his Garfield? Lmao
so he doesn’t do a Garfield accent once?

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
I think I saw the post you're referring to. The short answer but long solution is time. Give it a few hours, let the discussion in the thread change, then come back and add to the current discussion topic at hand.

Luckily with the Direct inbound, it should be easier than normal to re-focus your mind and wait for the discussions to change.

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium

For those who live in America, here is the Youtube Nintendo of America version of the Nintendo Direct.

Peepo T. Skeleton

Smash Lord
Exactly 9.7 inches away from your current location
That reminds me of this old fanart:

Said fanart is still absolutely epic and holds up to this day, so seeing that this concept design for Bowser in Color Splash got scrapped makes the decision to scrap it even more of a waste as far as I'm concerned.
There's just a certain vibe that actually good looking 15+ year old fanart captures that newer fanart doesn't really have.

Peepo T. Skeleton

Smash Lord
Exactly 9.7 inches away from your current location
For once I'm not at work and can be advertised to for 40 minutes.

Predictions:
New Mario game, probably not a new 3D one or anything big but I guess it depends how far away the Switch 2 is

Maybe a smaller scale Zelda

Prime 4, but at most only a teaser or an announcement of an announcement

Uhhh, that's all I can think of that might be in it. Now, what's not gonna be in it?

No F-Zero

No DK Country

No Star Fox

**** prediction list, but I'm making this like 5 minutes before the Direct, okay?

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
Hoping we finally get Metroid Prime 4.

Top Bottom