• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social The Social Thread 3.2.1

Favorite announcement of this Direct?

• Total voters

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Honestly, the only thing missing was some teaser for like DMC or Mega Man for me to call this perfect. Any game presentation that gives like 4 things to give a **** about is a good one in my book. Or a Tekken/Soul Calibur collection of some kind. I need more official game preservation, it's good for my soul!

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
Don't forget about the DKC Returns HD release.
Also

Someone pick up the phone BECAUSE I ****ING CALLED IT!!
Picks up the phone Hello?

This is the part where you say “I ****ing called it!” again. :p

Last edited:

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
For me, this is what piqued my interest which does take a lot as I don't game as much as I used to.

• MvC collection was a huge thing for me
  • DQ HD Remakes also was a hit as I grew up on those games
  • NSO Expansions, in particular Turok and Perfect Dark WAS A UUUUUUUGE Plus for me. Save for Turok 2007 or whatever that was I have adamantly played every game in that series and logged in serious hours into both singlr player and multiplayer. Same goes with Perfect Dark and, while I like the new one coming out, it lacks something for me. Perfect Dark was, well, to quote Homelander "...it was perfect. Perfect. Everything, down to the last minute details."
  • The Zelda Zelda game. I have been a huge proponent of a playable Zelda game or even a hybrid. I do not like and never liked the chibi style and prefer OoT and onward but, with that being said, I think this style works for Zelda. Still wished we had gotten playable Zelda in TotK.
  • Metroid Prime 4 Beyond was a huge thing as well. I am an on and off again Metroid fan but didn't get into the series fully until Metroid Prime so seeing renewed interest beyond "we are working on it" to "we have a product" is a big thing for me. Sylux tie in also was great.

Buuuuuuuuut.....

Zero new Smash news or even a Fighters Pass 3 or even a Spirits Event torched the entire Direct. Even a "Hi" from Sakurai-san would of been peak content. Complete horse manure of a Direct and a wasted 40 minutes. Would not recommend. Service counter smells like BO and the staff slips on mushed fries and spilled shakes. There is a guy in the bathroom smearing poop on the walls and cockroaches have claimed every inch of the dining space. I hope you enjoy your "Smash latte minus the Smash" cause that is what you are drinking this morning. We came for the Smash but only got HD remake leftovers, microwaved sequels, and Funkopop. 0/5 stars would not rate, mate.

Last edited:

Noipoi

Howdy!
Seriously, at this point I really think Nintendo got the hint when it comes to Mario RPGs and are trying to get the genre back on track.

It’d be one thing to remake Mario RPG, which is already wild because I thought that game would just be lost to time. But then they remade TTYD, not even the first Paper Mario but specifically the fan favorite. And now we’re getting a new Mario & Luigi? All in the same year?

They know, dude. I wouldn’t be surprised to see a new Paper Mario that’s a proper follow up to Thousand Year Door in a few years.

Dukefire

Smash Master
Seriously, at this point I really think Nintendo got the hint when it comes to Mario RPGs and are trying to get the genre back on track.

It’d be one thing to remake Mario RPG, which is already wild because I thought that game would just be lost to time. But then they remade TTYD, not even the first Paper Mario but specifically the fan favorite. And now we’re getting a new Mario & Luigi? All in the same year?

They know, dude. I wouldn’t be surprised to see a new Paper Mario that’s a proper follow up to Thousand Year Door in a few years.
The stars aligned and gave a sign since grandfather SMRPG returned to the spotlight after almost 30 years.

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed

Everyone say thank you Origami King for selling surprisingly well so the Mario RPGs didn't die.

Last edited:

Noipoi

Howdy!
Origami King was THIS close to being "one of the good ones".

Great writing
Amazing music
But my god

That battle system is terrible
It’s as good as a game built off the backbone of Sticker Star could be.

I will say this, I think I prefer Origami King’s more open areas to TTYD’s world design. Not to say it’s bad, but I enjoyed having a little more freedom of movement.

If we could take just about everything from TTYD and mix it with OK’s level design, we’d be in for some good ****.

Noipoi

Howdy!
It's really cool that they're reinvigorating Mario as a franchise after the New Super Mario Bros games sanitized it to hell and back for over a decade
I love Mario so much but it frustrates me when they just stick to stuff you’d see on the Mario backpack.

But at this point we’ve been moving away from that for a while now, so that’s rad.

Top Bottom