• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social The Social Thread 3.2.1

Favorite announcement of this Direct?

• Total voters

Hydreigonfan01

Smash Master
"Somehow, Fawful has returned".

Peepo T. Skeleton

Smash Lord
Exactly 9.7 inches away from your current location
"Somehow, Fawful has returned".
Lol Treevils were actually one of my favorite enemy designs from that game.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
Pumpkaboo be like "This game is fire!"

Lets be honest, if they are gonna relese it on og switch and Whatever this new thing is, they are gonna make sure it runs as stable as it can

That and I aint buying a new switch till the one I have dies on me and its been trucking pretty good so far

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
Yeah, if it had just been for the Vulamentals and the Things/Other major enemies it'd be whatever.

But nobody got time to spin a ring for a goomba.
Yeah.

But beyond that it still was a creative game, but it had the whole controversy surrounding it cause of bad PR.

Lets be honest, if they are gonna relese it on og switch and Whatever this new thing is, they are gonna make sure it runs as stable as it can
Pokemon running at a stable rate? LMAOOOOOOOO

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593
In other news, Pyoro is considering deleting their Twitter account.

Guess the bird got Game Over’d.

HyperSomari64

Smash Master
If Dragon Ball FighterZ returns for one last time, it will be with a guest character, right?

If KoF XV can be revived, why can't DBFZ?

I propose some other character from the Weekly Shone Jump (like Luffy, Naruto or Jotaro), or even something oddball (no pun intended) like Sol Badguy or some weird amalgamation of various Street Fighter characters with every moveset.

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
I feel like that backlash may have been what caused Nintendo to finally fix the Mario RPGs though, so I’m glad it happened.

Still, Origami King didn’t deserve so much hate.
Yeah, there was wars over it.

But it has a sizable audience now and I think people look back on it fondly since TTYD came out. So that's a win for me.

Michele

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-4494-7438-0796
So uh, do you guys think it's safe to say that the Switch might be Nintendo's strongest console ever in terms of software?

Because it really does feel that way.
Some will disagree but I think it's true though because of the releases line up. They're ending out with a bang, while Sony and Microsoft... Well, they're in a pickle right now at this point. It's only expected that Nintendo will keep making quality content and stay a step ahead of other, that's why I like them personally.

Jondolio

Smash Hero
Feel like it helps that there's a lot of classic games available on Switch in addition to really good original games. Like some GameCube games haven't been re released before and the Wii U's library having an actual install base helps it a ton

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
OK. THAT was a good direct. I even got a weird licensed game based on one of my favorite IPs. I can never expect that to happen!

We did get a trailer for that game where Funko is trying to be lego but eh. It was mostly great!

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
A new Mario & Luigi game was probably the last thing I expected, and it was the freaking opening announcement of the Direct.

That + a playable Zelda game, the Miles Edgeworth games and Prime 4 made this an incredible Direct. There are a lot of standalone and Indie games that also look awesome so far. MIO: Memories in Orbit in particular looks intriguing. It looks kind of like Ori or Hollow Knight mixed with Borderlands.

Noipoi

Howdy!
OK. THAT was a good direct. I even got a weird licensed game based on one of my favorite IPs. I can never expect that to happen!
It looked kinda basic and I don’t think I’ll pick it up, but I’m always happy to see the Looney Tunes get something.

Last edited:

Jondolio

Smash Hero
Oh, same here. Im actually really confused about where that TP/WW switch rumor came from. Every year, it gets dug up and every year it dies
I'm just confused because porting these games over from the Wii U should be the easiest thing and it would print money for Nintendo, they just don't do it for whatever reason

Shroob

Sup?
Oh, same here. Im actually really confused about where that TP/WW switch rumor came from. Every year, it gets dug up and every year it dies
Cope, really.

I think everyone wants/expects them to get ported and they just, don't.

With all these other classic Gamecube titles on the Switch, these 2 feel like they're just missing for no real reason.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
It looked kinda basic and I don’t think I’ll pick it up, but I’m always happy to see the Looney Tunes get something.
I honestly feel like out of all the games shown it’s the one I’m most excited for 😂. That and DKCRHD.

Like yeah, Mario & Luigi, Marvel vs. Capcom, and Metroid Prime 4 are cool. But like… none of those games have Bugs Bunny.

Of course the undisputed king of the direct is Just Dance 2025 with a free trial of their weird subscription service. That’s game of the year material.

Also it was really weird to hear the Nintendo announcer guy talk about stuff from Horizon.

Also that Hobbit game might be the first life/farming game I have an actual desire to play.

Top Bottom