• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social The Social Thread 3.2.1

Favorite announcement of this Direct?

• Total voters

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
People when they have to buy yet another vanilla shake vs one that features the funny purple blob

View attachment 391243
Well of course you'd be depressed trying to get a plain old vanilla shake from McDonald's, their ice cream machine is always broken.

Just don't ask how they were able to sell Grimace Shakes then. And certainly don't ask about all the dead bodies that have Grimace Shake cups next to them.

Jondolio

Smash Hero
I think that the more I get away from the direct the less excited I am about the new Zelda game, I really wanted those WW and TP ports and while the game does look... creative, I'm not sure how excited I am to actually play it. I also really don't think they should have brought back the Link's Awakening remake art style, this better not be what 2D Zelda looks like from now until the end of time.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
I love Sylux but I’m really wondering how they’ll justify his actions.

You’re telling me that after getting his life saved by Samus, he dedicates himself to being even more of a hater? Even going to the lengths of stealing her employer’s last Metroid and using it to create his own army of Metroids? Out of spite?

Can everybody in Metroid stop cloning species in-and-out of extinction for like one game?

Shroob

Sup?
I love Sylux but I’m really wondering how they’ll justify his actions.

You’re telling me that after getting his life saved by Samus, he dedicates himself to being even more of a hater? Even going to the lengths of stealing her employer’s last Metroid and using it to create his own army of Metroids? Out of spite?

Can everybody in Metroid stop cloning species in-and-out of extinction for like one game?
Inb4 it's just Dark Samus in a new outfit.

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
Ooromine IV, the second planet from the sun FS-176
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
When’s Prime 4 take place in the Metroid timeline anyway? Do we know?
The trailer starts with the in game year 20X9, which would put it 3 years after the events of Federation Force.

The Prime trilogy itself took place in the span of of a few months-to-a-year between games sandwiched between Zero Mission (20X5) and Samus Returns (retcon hell, but assumed 20XX and they just made up whatever after the fact)

Noipoi

Howdy!
The Prime trilogy itself took place in the span of of a few months-to-a-year between games sandwiched between Zero Mission (20X5) and Samus Returns (retcon hell, but assumed 20XX and they just made up whatever after the fact)
Man, that was a busy year for Samus :054:

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
Not going to happen but it would be funny if the handheld Metroid Prime games (Hunters, Federation Force, and Pinball) got re-releases too.

Last edited:

Shroob

Sup?
Now to wait until August, in hopes that there’s a sliver of Z-A news.

Maybe I should try getting one of those “life” things in the meantime, that’d probably make time go faster.
Come play the funny demon Pokemon game with me.

You gotta beat it like 7 times to 100% it so you'll be well into 2026 by then. :4wario2:

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
We are very quickly approaching the one year anniversary of the last update for the SEGA Genesis NSO app (June 27).

Is it dead?

Shroob

Sup?
Ngl I was thinking of getting vanilla SMTV when it first came out but then Atlus pulled an Atlus and made it obsolete so for once I'm glad my laziness took over
I did the same thing lol. I know Atlus too damn well to go all in, so I just, waited for the inevitable re-release.. and was rewarded for my patience.

Shroob

Sup?
If anything, I'm more surprised that the DLC for VV is.... really ****ing tame all things considered.

2 bonus demons and a slider to increase the spawn rate of the grinding enemies and that's all.

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
Spaceballs 2 is in the works.

If they don’t call it Spaceballs 2: In Search of More Money, what’s the point of it?
Yeah, and Half-Life 3 will be released in a two-pack with the movie Spaceballs 2: The Search for More Money. Pre-order and receive a free copy of Starcraft: Ghost too!
Oh dang, guess HL3 is finally confirmed.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Mio: Memories in Orbit is being slept on.

Honestly this surprised me. Looks like it could be a really great metroidvania. Going to be keeping an eye on it.
Gimme the Ace Attorney game like, right now. I've always wanted to play Investigations 2 since it never got localized.
I've played the fan translation a while back. It's peak, might actually be top 1 Ace Attorney game
I second this, the second game easily ties for 1st with the third ace attorney game. Everything comes together crazily.
Origami King was THIS close to being "one of the good ones".

Great writing
Amazing music
But my god

That battle system is terrible
I didn’t hate the battle system but it’s definitely the biggest issue. My only other issue was Olie had stupid motivations. Other than that I loved it and still bought it day one.
I remember when Nintendo did a buy MK8 early get a free Wii U game with it with Club Nintendo. I got Wind Waker HD off that. The new rewards system would never.

Also looking at the list, the American one sucked and was beyond lopsided.
View attachment 391238
I knew America’s was bad, but damn. Granted this was how I got introduced to the Pikmin franchise and really enjoyed 3, so I wasn’t too disappointed

Top Bottom