• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social The Social Thread 3.2.1

Favorite announcement of this Direct?

• Total voters

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
:ultdaisy: “Deja de jugar con mi novio, pedazo de mierda morado!”
Latina Daisy is now the top agenda for Nintendo and Illumination
When people in the Mario fandom say they want Daisy to 'smash' Waluigi, I don't think this is what they meant.
it’s the only smashing the world needs

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
I'm pretty excited for the new Zelda game. It does feel like it won't be all that action heavy and like the monsters will probably trivialize combat, but most Zelda games don't have super deep combat anyway so I'm fine if this weird experimental title is more focused on exploration and puzzle solving.

I think I'm going to have a lot of fun just screwing around in this one.
I still think there’ll be a basic magic swipe attack, just because it’d be tedious to have to pull out an item every time you come across an enemy.
Counterpoint, they might just have a shortcut to bring up your most recent or most used monster.

I still think it's possible for her to have a swipe attack but it feels weird that it wouldn't be shown in the trailer.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Something worth noting is the opening cutscene for Mario party has 20 characters shown.

Ninji is later shown making for 21 but isn’t with the group shot.

So he’s either a secret extra character, or maybe we have unlockable characters this time.

Or perhaps the cutscene isn’t finalized with all the characters yet and there could be a few more.

Noipoi

Howdy!
Something worth noting is the opening cutscene for Mario party has 20 characters shown.

Ninji is later shown making for 21 but isn’t with the group shot.

So he’s either a secret extra character, or maybe we have unlockable characters this time.

Or perhaps the cutscene isn’t finalized with all the characters yet and there could be a few more.
That'd explain where Diddy went

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
Sooner or later, Nintendo will have to tell us what developer is bringing back the Mario & Luigi IP.

And they better not pull that "find out in the game's credits" crap like they did for Mario's new VA and SMRPG's developer.

Noipoi

Howdy!

In my latest attempt to use black magic to summon the next Donkey Kong game in time for the direct, I just listened to every single song from the DKC cartoon. Back to back.

It took 2 hours :dkmelee:

The singers were pretty good though. And did you know that DK's singing voice did the theme song for Zaboomafoo??

Anyway the best songs are Nobody's Hero, Leo Luster, 50% of Metalhead, Eddie Let Me Go Back To My Home, and Pirate's Scorn.
Proof that black magic works?

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
Apparently the Dragon Quest III remake is 60 bucks. Probably not gonna get it after all
If you know the tricks of the trade you can find it a lot cheaper physically.

Like PlayAsia came in clutch for me, they sell games like $10-15 less than full price.

For example, TTYD sells for $60, I got mine for $48 (which included shipping)

Last edited:

Jondolio

Smash Hero
If you know the tricks of the trade you can find it a lot cheaper physically.

Like PlayAsia came in clutch for me, they sell games like $10-15 less than full price.

For example, TTYD sells for $60, I got mine for $48 (which included shipping)
Most of my local stores sell games at full price or close to that. There are deals sometimes but they usually include buying another game for full retail price for a price cutr.
Dragon Quest 3 specifically just doesn't seem like a smart investment to me when I can get 11 for the same price and it being (probably) of better value. Maybe I'll get it on sale later down the line tho idk

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Not DK 64 I fear
All the Country games, sure. But we're missing 64 and Jungle Beat.

Re-release the bongos, Nintendo.
We're still missing the Donkey Kong Land trilogy, DKC for Game Boy Color, and the Country trilogy on GBA.
Free national bongo

the new movement

expand text
once we get all of the Kongo Dongo experience on the Switch or Switch 2 there will truly be peak gaming (and anime of course)

Top Bottom