• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social The Social Thread 3.2.1

Favorite announcement of this Direct?

• Total voters

Hydreigonfan01

Smash Master
Xenoblade X also needs to be freed from the Wii U as well

It needs to run on a thing that can actually have all the HD textures on cart instead of downloading a bunch of ****.
Xenoblade X on Nintendo Switch 2 would be fire, especially if the rumours that it has specs on par with the PS4 Pro are true.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Pretty alright, Prime 4, Fantasian and Investigations have me hooked, MvC is also cool as hell but I'm not giving Disney any money right now. Zelda... I like how she's finally playable and I'm getting a 2D BotW/TotK vibe from it with how puzzles seem like they could have multiple solutions, but I won't lie, I think it's weird to make her non-combative entirely, I'm used to princesses kicking ass in Fire Emblem and Hyrule Warriors had Zelda be pretty peak

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Pretty alright, Prime 4, Fantasian and Investigations have me hooked, MvC is also cool as hell but I'm not giving Disney any money right now. Zelda... I like how she's finally playable and I'm getting a 2D BotW/TotK vibe from it with how puzzles seem like they could have multiple solutions, but I won't lie, I think it's weird to make her non-combative entirely, I'm used to princesses kicking ass in Fire Emblem and Hyrule Warriors had Zelda be pretty peak
Yeah. I thought that staff was gonna let her do magic attacks and stuff. Kinda lame.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
Direct reactions:
  • Mario & Luigi is actually not dead???? (gimme developer name NOW!)
  • Honestly, that Looney Tunes game looks like garbage
  • Well, Donkey Kong Country is back... I guess (I'll be focusing on Nikoderiko: The Magical Adventure instead)
  • Nothing was shown in the Luigi's Mansion 2 HD clip that tells me I should get the game again
  • N64 mature NSO finally leaves Japan, eh? Cool!
  • IS MAHVEL BAYBEE!
  • Top down Zelda as Zelda is cool
  • METROID PRIME 4 ****ING RISES FROM ITS GRAVE AFTER 7 ****ING YEARS! (We better get 2 & 3 while we wait)

7/10 Direct. My wish (Star Fox) didn't happen but oh well.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
And the REAL first topdown as Zelda:

View attachment 391241
I find it amazing that this game is less-remembered and actually generally considered worse than the other two CD-i games.

The slower loading times between different sections of the map is one thing, but I guess the lack of easily memeable cutscenes ironically really didn't help it in the long run.

Noipoi

Howdy!
Also, just beat Thousand Year Door.

I totally understand why everyone held this up as the best Paper Mario, because it kind of is. The best battle system, the best partners, the best world, the best character design, and a really damn good story that goes some weird places for Mario.

It’s not perfect, other PM games might do this thing or that thing better, but as a complete package this game really is it. And we need more like it.

Also I’ve always loved character parades so I appreciate how the credits have every character taking a bow on the stage every fight took place on, really tying together the whole stage show theme.

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593
Speaking of Capcom fighting games:

The following Xbox 360 Capcom fighting games are on permanent price reduction until the store closes next month. All except one are 90% off:

Darkstalkers Ressurection
Street Fighter 3rd Strike Online Edition
Street Fighter 2 Hyper Fighting (80% off)
Street Fighter x Tekken
Super Street Fighter 2 Turbo HD Remix

Mighty No 9 is also on a 95% discount

Edit: Not a Capcom fighting game but the Mortal Kombat Arcade Kollection (MK 1-3) has a 50% price cut.

Last edited:

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
Turok: Dinosaur Hunter being available on the Mature N64 NSO was a surprise as that game has been available for purchase on the eShop for 5 years now.

FYI, the Nintendo 64 had 28 Mature rated games in North America back in the day.

Top Bottom