• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Peach Q & A Thread

spedgod

Smash Rookie
Alright, pretty easy question. Friend and I are having issues about two things.

First, is Peach's turnips a projectile or an item?

Second, are Peach's turnips better than ZSS's armor pieces?

My argument is that Peach can use the turnips all game, compared to ZSS's use for about the first.. minute? IF that.

Meru.

I like spicy food
NNID
Merudi
3DS FC
0963-1622-2801
Alright, pretty easy question. Friend and I are having issues about two things.

First, is Peach's turnips a projectile or an item?

Second, are Peach's turnips better than ZSS's armor pieces?

My argument is that Peach can use the turnips all game, compared to ZSS's use for about the first.. minute? IF that.
First, both.

Second, yes, simply because Peach has turnips the whole time and ZSS doesn't, only the first 20 seconds. . Not to mention ZSS' armor pieces can be used easily against her. Hit her, take a piece. Her pieces also fall on the ground if they miss.

:053:

ShadyGT

Smash Cadet
Hi,
today when playd online again, in the wifi trainingstage i pressed some random buttons.
When i did that, peach pulled out a turntip, after that she immediately slided back, about the length from the Square in middle of FD.
Can someone tell me what i did D:?

White-Peach

Smash Ace
She works battlefield well. The only stages that hinder her somewhat are stages with uneven footing that can mess with instafloat aerials (that move horizontally), and gay stages like rainbow cruise against some characters that have more options in the air (Peach has good aerials, but most of them have long durations, meaning she commits to them when used, which is bad.)

So yeah, good.

Airgemini

Chansey
Safari Zone. Shiny, and holding a Lucky Egg.
3DS FC
2406-5625-4787
I think BF is one of her better neutrals.
The platforms offer a lot more chances to land a sweetspot with Usmash and Utilt offers good platform control since it almost has the range of the entire platform itself. You can stage spike people with Dsmash (not really as important).

Taking Marth there isn't advised.

Silly Kyle

Smash Champion
What do you guys do against spammy Falco's who basically shoot lasers and shine away when your approach? Falco truly annoys me and I get frustrated when I fight him, which makes me get hit more by stupid moves and the broken lasers. I played a Falco in pools at this tournament I went to on Saturday. Thankfully I got out of pools and got 5th place and a plushie. :)

Also, what stages do you like to fight him on when it comes to neutrals and counter picks?? I tried Luigi's Mansion and I got hit by some nasty combos from hitting the ceiling on the bottom floor.

Corrupted

Smash Journeyman
I don't think i fully understand how bone walking and free-pull work.

Bone walking: foxtrot, at end buffer turnip, and then jam control stick forward

free-pull: normal turn around, turnip REALLY fast, jam or move control stick in same direction

Is this correct? How many vids are there of this? Could someone clearify the timing. Do you need to buffer.

Also with the dtilt slide, do you buffer during particular frames of the move?

Xyless

Smash Master
With the free-pull, you have to do the turn around, turnip pull, and the control stick smash within, like, 2-3 frames. The only way I can ever do it is to gently tap backwards (like, not all of the way), then do the turnip pull and immediately smash in the direction you are facing after turning around. But my muscles have that to memory.

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
What do you guys do against spammy Falco's who basically shoot lasers and shine away when your approach? Falco truly annoys me and I get frustrated when I fight him, which makes me get hit more by stupid moves and the broken lasers. I played a Falco in pools at this tournament I went to on Saturday. Thankfully I got out of pools and got 5th place and a plushie. :)

Also, what stages do you like to fight him on when it comes to neutrals and counter picks?? I tried Luigi's Mansion and I got hit by some nasty combos from hitting the ceiling on the bottom floor.
Stages:

If you are really good with both Platform and pressure, Lylat is another stage that can reek pain on Falco. Easier to pressure on all Platforms since they are lined up. The stage is not that big so it is a lil easier to Keep the pressure on him and lil easier to edgeguard him since the stage moves. Last I heard from space animal players, they don't like lylat. So use it to your advantage.

The next best thing for Falco is he wanted to be a campy tool is Smashville, since the platform is not always there. You still get platform pressure here but it is limited. Still better than no platform at all right? And if I am not mistaken, that stage is not as big as FD.

YI is another good stage against Falco. That platform can screw up his camping. And your uptilt can hit him on the platform while his can't even reach. So if you under falco, you can do damage/pressure. Glide tossing up with turnips under hit also help since it is one big platform and you can make it rain turnips and thenpressure from below. Works best if he is falling to the stage from the air.

PS1 Can be another one to get at Falco. The basic Part of the stage is just like a mini Battlefield. And the ceiling is a lil lower. Go can do a good pressure game here. When it changes to the fire or rock stage, you cave those platforms to getat falco or increase your evasion if you need to break away. people need to realize that Platforms when use well as Peach screw up big/ fastfalling characters.

I'm on break and don't feel like typing another half about Faclo. When I get back home, I will explain his camping.

White-Peach

Smash Ace
DAir DAir UAir is 3 hits all in 1 float :p

And the thing about floating is that you don't stay floating for everything, you use the float to maximize the potential of each attack, by forcing the spacing that is best for that attack. Other characters have to space their attacks, and time them out of a short hop/jump, meaning that there are only 2 times in a jump where that attack is correctly spaced---either the beginning of the jump, or right before they land. If you were to anticipate a spaced attack, you'd have one of these two areas to look out for. Peach can sit in the air at that perfect range and used spaced attacks when she wants to. It adds to the unpredictability of it, as she can delay the attack while waiting for the reaction, and punish accordingly. Its like MK can sit there, in the air, right next to you, and FAir when he sees an opening. All the while, he's mobile, and can regroup to his best advantage.

Otherwise, floating allows you to cancel a jump at any desired point, attacking and fastfalling out of that desired point to eliminate any unnecessary lag. Imagine marth, short-hopping to a low float, FAir'ing, and dropping/fastfalling to eliminate lag. It allows you to lower the time between jumping and landing, getting the must out of hitstun.

Otherwise, floating allows you to cancel a jump at any desired point, attacking and fastfalling out of that desired point to eliminate any unnecessary lag. Imagine marth, short-hopping to a low float, FAir'ing, and dropping/fastfalling to eliminate lag. It allows you to lower the time between jumping and landing, getting the must out of hitstun.
Which is the only reason Fair has any frame advantage on people. If it wasn't canceled, it wouldn't have any advantage or even be safe on shield.

You could go backwards I suppose without canceling, but some people have long range OoS stuff. Snake's dash attack, Fox/wolf/falco sideB, diddy's banana, etc.

I did have a quick question. FH Nair or SH Nair OoS. Is either preferrable over the other, or do they both have their uses? FH Nair to me seems better simply because you get out of range should you miss or something.

Thibault

Smash Apprentice
ok........... this is totally random but i just remembered about a thread a couple weeks ago.. a guy asked about upsmashing with a turnip in hand... and by toying around i found it is possible by applying other character specific ats... you can upsmash with a turnip in hand it just requires two things. 1 a turnip on the ground (dropped from you from being hit) or a turnip slightly above you (by short hopping) and you dashattack cancel upsmash :3 its not too important but it is something that is very flashy and unique just wanted to input this since i randomly brought it up in a thought lol also you can airdodge and zdrop a turnip dodging the attack and hitting them with the turnip which sadly is s*** because of the super low damage output of a z dropped turnip >:( (kudos to who finds out what board i was lurking when i thought of these :3 )

I did have a quick question. FH Nair or SH Nair OoS. Is either preferrable over the other, or do they both have their uses? FH Nair to me seems better simply because you get out of range should you miss or something.
I always fh oos with nair because of a ton of things. one being wtf are you going to do if you sh nair fall back to the ground? D: if you fullhop nair oos you have more options open including a counterattack with a floated dair after the nair... then you can combo them etc etc also you are much higher up and you can float away encase something goes horribly wrong

ok now i have a few questions :3
any peaches want to play me (meno? any pros plz and ricky want a rematch?)
oh and what do i need to do to get into the peach back room? i have some stuff in general to discuss and stuff lol :3

The Link boards probably. They like their Z-drop Dacus's
darn thats pretty close lol :0

BLI7ZARD

Smash Apprentice
Question at maximum space is her Dtilt safe on shield? Also are the aerials Fair, Bair,Nair, safe if you hit their shield with the tip of them while floating away?

White-Peach

Smash Ace
I do full hop with NAir because I usually don't follow up with anything (NAir lasts so long anyways unless you instafloat and drop it) and to prevent any retaliation.

Question at maximum space is her Dtilt safe on shield? Also are the aerials Fair, Bair,Nair, safe if you hit their shield with the tip of them while floating away?
Assuming no powershield, no OOS item (turnip/banana/etc), and no Dolphin Slash, yes (pretty sureeeee). As long as you use IASA frames to slide away x)

Corrupted

Smash Journeyman
Ground float nair to instant drop or low float to double nair is better than both unless you're playing against someone with good grab range (non teather).

And bair, fair and nair lag really hard so you'll want to drop after hitting to get a nicer shield advantage.

Dtilt has the range of snakes ftilt and has less lag, factoring in the slide you can get, its pretty much as safe as you can get.

*JuriHan*

Smash Master
3DS FC
1392-4901-1779
so sweetspotted n-air doesn't kill as well as sweet spotted back air? If so would you recommend using it for building damage instead of not staling it for a kill move?

mountain_tiger

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4441-8987-6303
Nair and Bair have almost identical knockback. Any differences in killing ability are basically negligable.

Bair is the main damage builder, since it has superior range. Nair is mainly a combo breaker, but it's also faster than Bair (both are fast though), and is better at eating through air dodges. Though really, Peach is quite good at refreshing moves - neutral a slap, dash attack and pummels work wonders in this respect.

*JuriHan*

Smash Master
3DS FC
1392-4901-1779
Nair and Bair have almost identical knockback. Any differences in killing ability are basically negligable.

Bair is the main damage builder, since it has superior range. Nair is mainly a combo breaker, but it's also faster than Bair (both are fast though), and is better at eating through air dodges. Though really, Peach is quite good at refreshing moves - neutral a slap, dash attack and pummels work wonders in this respect.
ok thanks, I didn't realize they had nearly same knockback.

Silly Kyle

Smash Champion
OMG!!!!!! I'm so effing excited!!!

So I can finally bonewalk with Peach!

My next step is to know how can I apply bonewalking into my matches. So what can I do with bonewalking??

Trillion

Smash Ace
Frustrating that I have to go to a specific thread to ask a freakin question. Thanks a lot Airgemini for deleting my question instead of just moving it to the appropriate thread or asking that I post in the proper one in the future.

Anyway, I'm new to peach and as I was reading through the peach guide and watching those video links for the ATs and such, I had a question. I saw in the Turnip-stool video that NinjaLink couldn't do a turnip-stool to a bair without sending Bowser flying off at a strange direction. Was that due to the first hit of the bair? If so, then would it be possible (by which I guess I mean fast enough) to do a turnip-stool and hit with the second hit of the bair in order to start a bair lock trap?

Corrupted

Smash Journeyman
Hotgarbage is the only one here thats going to test out if its legit. At which percentages can you get it to work?

Airgemini

Chansey
Safari Zone. Shiny, and holding a Lucky Egg.
3DS FC
2406-5625-4787
Thanks a lot Airgemini for deleting my question instead of just moving it to the appropriate thread or asking that I post in the proper one in the future.
Excuse me? I haven't deleted any post of yours.
After searching your posts in this forum you've only posted four times on this board. The second most recent today at 4:51 a.m. which was in the video archive, the other is this one I'm quoting. Your post is still there and perfectly fine. Here it is here: http://www.smashboards.com/showpost.php?p=9260305&postcount=518

I didn't delete your stuff. :mad:
Don't blame me for **** I didn't do please! :mad:

Darky-Sama

Smash Lord
NNID
Darky-Sama
About the Nair and Bair discussion, I agree with Mountain_Tiger.

I find Bair to be Peach's best aerial approach though, since it's hitbox stays out so long, it's much more reliable for damage racking than being used with kill potential. Of course, Peach has ways of making multiple moves hit with ease, so you don't really need to worry much about her moves staling.

Nair is a very good combo breaker. In my honest opinion, it's one of the best GTFO neutral airs in the game, next to Luigi's. I often use it out of a short hop at close range or from a short hop out of shield. You'd have a better chance auto-canceling an aerial into something else if you want kill potential though.

Mr9

Smash Journeyman
hey guys i started to secondary peach and i want to get her to point that peach can compete with my samus, so where should i start to improve my game and and is there any tech, or move that i should learn to use first?

Top Bottom