• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Peach Q & A Thread

Trillion

Smash Ace
Excuse me? I haven't deleted any post of yours.
After searching your posts in this forum you've only posted four times on this board. The second most recent today at 4:51 a.m. which was in the video archive, the other is this one I'm quoting. Your post is still there and perfectly fine. Here it is here: http://www.smashboards.com/showpost.php?p=9260305&postcount=518

I didn't delete your stuff. :mad:
Don't blame me for **** I didn't do please! :mad:
Woah, I'm really sorry Airgemini, I totally messed up. I though that I asked that in the Peach guide and then I saw your message saying Q&A thread please and thought you had deleted my post when really I had posted it in the video thread. Wow, I feel like a real jerk now, I'm very sorry about that.

Hotgarbage is the only one here thats going to test out if its legit. At which percentages can you get it to work?

None actually. I still haven't practiced the regular bair lock yet. So, it was just a theory I had. I'm a sonic main and I have worked with foot stool jab lock combos using spin dash > footstool > spring drop > dair > jab lock. It works for him because you can't tech a footstool. So, the same principle should work for Peach's footstool after the turnip and if the second hit of the back air comes out fast enough and you can land fast enough to jump and do another and keep it going, then it should be an instant lock combo. And since all you have to do is land a turnip and a footstool, it would be an easy kill for peach every single time.

Trillion

Smash Ace
Oh, also, further, on players with bad recoveries like DK and Bowser, couldn't you finish the jab lock that doesnt have high % with a turnip-stool to the second foot stool?

I mean, you could go turnip-stool to bair lock all the way to the ledge and then turnip stool second footstool for the kill.

lloDownedu74

Smash Ace
Questions about banning stages:
First, what's Peach's worst stage? Mine is Halberd... *shudder*
And would it be better to ban your personal worst stage (in my case, Halberd) or your opponent's character's best stage? I played some Pikachu named brick on wifi today, and my instincts told me to ban frigate (which i might have heard is Pika's best place). Then he cp'd Halberd O_O
Ok, so I'm not bad at Frigate, but I didn't wanna risk it. But I suck at Halberd, so.... I beat him in the end, but I'd rather never play at Halberd.
So... Is would it better for me to ban Halberd always or my opponent's best stage?

deepseadiva

Bodybuilding Magical Girl
3DS FC
1779-0766-2622
Good question.

You should learn to like Halberd though. It's actually nice once it lands - it shouldn't be affecting you so much.

lloDownedu74

Smash Ace
Meh. I've never like Halberd cuz of snake O_O All of a sudden, when I'm playing some like some Wolf player, they CP halberd and go snake. I'm like, wtf D:
Also, Olimar, Luigi, G&W, DK, Kirby, and a few others are annoying there. I hate the low% kills.

But I guess I should learn it =/

deepseadiva

3DS FC
1779-0766-2622
Low percent kills is the only thing to worry about on Halberd. That, and maybe if the other character can control the giant platform better than you. See: Snake.

You should really learn it though. Peach is really CP safe, and she does very well on even the oddest stages. Even you taught me my worst stage can be Peach's best (Rainbow Cruise). :p

lloDownedu74

Smash Ace
Alright, my new goal is to become an expert at Halberd :) (whatever happens, though, I am NEVER playing a snake there lol)

I have noticed that Peach has some weird cp's :3 Japes, Brinstar, Luigi's Mansion, etc. and Rainbow Cruise (my favorite). And I'm glad you like RC :D I guess its worth depends on the Peach's style. My game is spent mostly in the air, hence RC is perfect for me. But I've seen that Peach does better on the ground (which I'm trying to work on), so it's not too great trying to play a ground game while jumping from platform to platform. Its preference :)

Thibault

Smash Apprentice
whats the best way to di/momentum cancel with peach? Like would it be smarter to dair then side b or dair then fastfall side b, like i momentum cancel with upair but sometimes i still get killed.... but there are times when if i dont even momentum cancel i can live by floating..... but that wont stop vertical flying moves.... so whats the best way to momentum cancel?

mountain_tiger

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4441-8987-6303
whats the best way to di/momentum cancel with peach? Like would it be smarter to dair then side b or dair then fastfall side b, like i momentum cancel with upair but sometimes i still get killed.... but there are times when if i dont even momentum cancel i can live by floating..... but that wont stop vertical flying moves.... so whats the best way to momentum cancel?
Under most circumstances, FF a Uair, double jump and then float or side B.

Howevr, if you have a turnip in your hand, you can replace the Uair with throwing the turnip downwards, since the animation for it is much quicker.

Thibault

Smash Apprentice
Under most circumstances, FF a Uair, double jump and then float or side B.

Howevr, if you have a turnip in your hand, you can replace the Uair with throwing the turnip downwards, since the animation for it is much quicker.
hmm how much longer would i live if i did that as opposed to useing upair then fastfalling? because honestly its not a good idea to use your jump and float just to momentum cancel...... but then again dks have to use up b sometimes to live and ive seen them get back to the stage lol O:

mountain_tiger

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4441-8987-6303
hmm how much longer would i live if i did that as opposed to useing upair then fastfalling? because honestly its not a good idea to use your jump and float just to momentum cancel...... but then again dks have to use up b sometimes to live and ive seen them get back to the stage lol O:
The principle of momentum cancelling is that you use your quickest aerial to recover your other options from hitstun, and then for most characters you use your double jump and other specials to shift your momentum away from the blast zones (DK's up B, Yoshi's side B and GaW's down B can cancel momentum completely). Peach's fastest aerial under normal circumstances is Uair, at 35 frames duration. However, when she has a turnip in her hand, her down throw animation is 19 frames, allowing her access to other aerial options much quicker, thus allowing more survivability.

deepseadiva

3DS FC
1779-0766-2622
Not proven yet, but her fastest possible momentum cancel would be an airdodge canceled turnip down throw.

Since you can airdodge sooner than you can perform an aerial - and then cancel it with a super fast item throw - once we get the frame data, it looks like it's gonna be one of the better momentum cancels in the game.

An inevitable problem will be dropping our turnips due to hits though. :/

deepseadiva

3DS FC
1779-0766-2622
Yea, that's why I didn't say "the best." :p

I'd apply to the other few characters who can summon items like Diddy and whoever.

PrepareYourself

Smash Ace
Yay I made a thread that went on for over 50 pages :bee:

I miss playing Brawl. I've switched to Gang Garrison 2 since all I have left is PC.

Whoops, I'm derailing. I'll ask a question then.

Have any gamebreaking ATs been discovered since I left?

-Cross-

Smash Ace
When does the second hitbox of nair activate? Immediately after canceling float? Or do I have to time when I cancel the float exactly at frame 7 to get the weak hitbox? Also if I cancel my float at like frame 22 (1 frame before nair weak hitbox duration ends) will I only have 1 frame of the weak hitbox? And is this the same for bair? Sorry there is a lot of questions

White-Peach

Smash Ace
It's hard to say because I don't speak frames x) Probably an easy marker to follow the hits of NAir would be the sound. She twirls and makes 2 swish sounds, and I can say with 0% confidence (:D) that the second hitbox takes over the first when you have that second swish sound. The big part of getting both hits though is that you have to be INSIDE your opponent and MOVING when you connect that first hitbox of NAir. You need to be inside and moving because the first hit will knock them away quickly, and if you arent very close to them, you can't hit with the second hitbox when you drop the float, and moving in the direction you're hitting them helps connect the second hit. BAir is the same, but you don't have to be inside as much because BAir's hitbox already extends itself outwards, but you should definitely move towards them to increase your chances of the 2nd hit.

A good (and useful) way to practice is to grab-release wario and use NAir. It's the best thing to do out of a grab release (as far as damage) when aren't looking to kill. I need to practice it more myself x)

Meru.

I like spicy food
NNID
Merudi
3DS FC
0963-1622-2801
When does the second hitbox of nair activate? Immediately after canceling float? Or do I have to time when I cancel the float exactly at frame 7 to get the weak hitbox? Also if I cancel my float at like frame 22 (1 frame before nair weak hitbox duration ends) will I only have 1 frame of the weak hitbox? And is this the same for bair? Sorry there is a lot of questions
Nair
Strong Hitbox 3
Weak Hitbox 7

Bair
Strong Hitbox 6
Weak Hitbox 9

:052:

Corrupted

Smash Journeyman
Cancel the float anywhere in between the strong initial hitbox you hit with and before the second, weaker hitbox activates.

Thibault

Smash Apprentice
Can somebody test this? I think i may have found an easy way to land upsmash on ps1.... during the change between stages when the new stage comes up there is a time when you can use smashes without endlag.. well ive tested this before and its worked a few times already but when the stages change hit down on the cstick twice and up once the result is amazing... you hit with the first hitbox of downsmash once then you hit with the first hitbox again on the other side and then you sweetspot upsmash :0 its pretty crazy when you do it lol and its not too hard to set up.... but im amazed at how effective it is :3

Corrupted

Smash Journeyman
Does peach get invincibility frame when countering with toad?

If so, wouldn't it **** IC blizzard approaches like marth can.

Mac Royale

Smash Cadet
Oh no! I've won the first round as Peach, and my opponent has banned Japes for round two. Where do I go next given the following list of counters?

Castle Siege
Brinstar
Pictochat
PS1
Final Destination
Battle Field
Lylat
Smashville
Yoshi's Story (brawl)
Rainbow Cruise
Halberd
Japes
Frigate Orpheon

Meru.

I like spicy food
NNID
Merudi
3DS FC
0963-1622-2801
It's different for every Peach. CP your personal best stage.

Does peach get invincibility frame when countering with toad?

If so, wouldn't it **** IC blizzard approaches like marth can.
Yes, it has invincibility frames, so it might **** blizzard approackes. And Toad > Counter so that could work really well.

r3d d09

Smash Master
the thing with spacing the toad wrong, or accidentally reverse toad is you lose a stock because you didn't space properly. that's a free grab. you have to be careful about the IC's. Remember, you have to see it as if they get 3 grabs, the game is over.

r3d d09

Smash Master
The IC matchup you have to constantly thing about what you're going to do more than anyother matchup i think. you need to know your limits. and think of if i do X then my opponent can do A,B,C. make sure none of those are a grab. you should treat every matchup in the X A,B,C. thing. it helps you know what will punish you. this enables you to have better di as well because you can prepare.

little silly things :)

Meru.

I like spicy food
NNID
Merudi
3DS FC
0963-1622-2801
the thing with spacing the toad wrong, or accidentally reverse toad is you lose a stock because you didn't space properly. that's a free grab. you have to be careful about the IC's. Remember, you have to see it as if they get 3 grabs, the game is over.
Toad in the air > Grounded Toad.

But Air does bring up a point, turnips > toad. Use it when you don't have one and really want to counter their approach.

Rickerdy-doo-da-day

Smash Master
Toot Toot thrills in Green Hills (England, UK)
NNID
RicardoAvocado
I think Toad has 4 invincibilty frames starting on frame 10...I think, thats what I got from looking at PSA anyway

And yikes, I would have thought that Toad would be the last thing you ever want to use vs IC's. Tbh, Toad is pretty bad anyway, useful to remind people you've got it so they'll think twice before going in for an attack...but that could go either way

Praxis

Smash Hero
BRoomer
The IC matchup you have to constantly thing about what you're going to do more than anyother matchup i think. you need to know your limits. and think of if i do X then my opponent can do A,B,C. make sure none of those are a grab. you should treat every matchup in the X A,B,C. thing. it helps you know what will punish you. this enables you to have better di as well because you can prepare.

little silly things :)
I wish my region had a good ICs to play against. I think I could learn the matchup quite well; this thought process you describe is exactly how I play against G&W, except replacing grab with his smashes.

Top Bottom