• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Peach Q & A Thread

Meru.

I like spicy food
NNID
Merudi
3DS FC
0963-1622-2801
Peach vs IC's involves a lot of fear imo. The less you have, the better you play. And don't be predictable. I think Peach still has the advantage in this match-up, but I've still got to play a good IC main offline.

:052:

-Cross-

Smash Ace
Peach seems to have some wall locks. The only ones I know of are jab and D-smash. Are there any others?

Xyless

Smash Master
dsmash? I...can't understand how that could be a lock, considering how uncontrolled the direction is, especially since they can DI it.

Xyless

Smash Master
I wish my region had a good ICs to play against. I think I could learn the matchup quite well; this thought process you describe is exactly how I play against G&W, except replacing grab with his smashes.
Mine has lain, but lain only goes Marth/Dedede against Peach.

r3d d09

Smash Master
I wish my region had a good ICs to play against. I think I could learn the matchup quite well; this thought process you describe is exactly how I play against G&W, except replacing grab with his smashes.
with the thought process. it makes it so you don't go in auto pilot mode. helps you react better too. if i hit him. and he DI's left, stright, right. etc. then i will do A for X direction.

Corrupted

Smash Journeyman
You can do it with strong fc bairs/nairs until it sends into tumble from about 10%. You can do it with weaks bairs from around 80% until that sends into tumble (around 130% when staled.) weak chain is better done backwards because of the wierd jump forwards peach doing with het bair landing animation.

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
I dont think I even have the right to give advice on these 2 anymore, and might even get attack for this but.........

Falco - If he camps you, you have to appraoch him from the ground. You dont have much of a choice. You have to move in with your shield. You can get close to falco this way without eating a laser. Once you get close to falco he has to stop with the lasers. If not, you can dash attack him when he does an aerial shot laser and hit him.

If he stops He has about three options

1- F-B
2- Throw the first punch, let you react and he reponse
3- Let you throw the first punch and he reacts and you respond.

If Falco likes to Laser and when you get a certain distance and F-B through you, time a grounded floated Nair. If he wants to do it over you, get to a certain distance with your shield then run the other way so you can follow his F-B and dash attack him as he lands.

This is how you deal with it.You need good reaction time. Also keep in mind how smart the player is and how smart you are in general. cause for options 2 and 3, it relys on that. But played right, you can stop and pound him for this nonsense. Just don't rush him and limit turnip use. This match can take some time.

Marth- gonna need a lil more info than that. Thats not saying much

Meru.

I like spicy food
NNID
Merudi
3DS FC
0963-1622-2801
You don't really have to approach Marths. Use turnips or punish his attacks with turnips and dash attacks and stuff like that (but wisely and carefully!).

:052:

Scaphist

Smash Apprentice
If Falco likes to Laser and when you get a certain distance and F-B through you, time a grounded floated Nair.
I really hate fighting falco on stages like Lylat because of this. I've read the phantasm so many times but just end up getting hit because I start the ground float and get grounded immediately because the stage. Although I never got a chance to really practice it, I imagine that one could just move forward/backward while floating to avoid this, or just do a sh nair.

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
It's really tough to say, but if you're looking for videos, some good ones to watch are Praxis, Excel_Zero, and KOSMOS.
Hmm....and here I thought my tourny vids from last month would be good enough to view. Guess not eh? Oh well. I'll try harder next time.

I really hate fighting falco on stages like Lylat because of this. I've read the phantasm so many times but just end up getting hit because I start the ground float and get grounded immediately because the stage. Although I never got a chance to really practice it, I imagine that one could just move forward/backward while floating to avoid this, or just do a sh nair.
I don't think space animals like that stage much. So you might be able to take advantage on that. Also Peach has a sick platform game there. I'm slowly starting to like that stage more than Battlefield. I might have a new trump card.

And ****it, thats where I should have took wills DK in winners finals. Or did he bann it.......? Yea he did now that I remember. I don't lose to DK's on there. My platform game gets him too hard.

deepseadiva

Bodybuilding Magical Girl
3DS FC
1779-0766-2622
We don't have one yet - Edreese was undoubtedly #1 before he retired, but no one has stepped it up to his level yet.

Not a single Peach has made top ten in any large scale tournament recently. Hopefully 2010 brings that.

deepseadiva

3DS FC
1779-0766-2622
K, this is going to sound dumb, but I just want a quick answer.

I keep getting dsmashed after my second jab against MK.

What I do???

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
K, this is going to sound dumb, but I just want a quick answer.

I keep getting dsmashed after my second jab against MK.

What I do???
Using the secons Jab, that is what. The duration of her Jab is 22 Frames (but 29 all together cause of her first Jab.)

The shield stun of the move is 1. Takes 7 frames to drop the shield. Plus the shield stun of the Jab, so that is 8.

After the move, the enemy have to do something in 19 frames to punish you. Meta Dsmash hits on frame 5.

So 19-8= 11 Frames he has to do something after the shield drop. Thus Dsmash punished you. Same with any other move that is under 11 frames.

To keep it simple, don't Double Jab Meta. Or anyone for that matter. You are a sitting duck if they shield both hits and wanna react out of the shield.

Meru.

I like spicy food
NNID
Merudi
3DS FC
0963-1622-2801
It should be mentioned that the first jab has 3 frames less ending lag. And you can kinda "cancel" some ending lag by hitting (buffering) down. Just down. It's much safer.

:053:

lloDownedu74

Smash Ace
are there any tips and tricks for brinstar? i dont see why she does so well there...
Oooo I love brinstar :D Best stage right after RC for me

PROS
~1 main think that I love about brinstar is that she can kill off the stage pretty early compared to other people. Her fair and bair can push them into the blast zone at around aroun 80~120% depending on character and decay.
~She can move around a lot. The 3 platforms can help her camp, run away, chase, etc. Although peach's 2nd jump kinda sucks, she can still go all over the stage.
~The platforms are really beneficial for her play style. Uair can juggle through the top platform, and utilt can hit through the 2 side platforms. You can even jump into aerials, such as nairs, which I've started doing a lot, and it works great.
~Lava. The lava can save peach sometimes, and when the lava rises up to the stage, she can corner them when theres barely any room left, and she can combo out of the lava.

CONS
~Against some characters, she gotes gayed really easily. Specifically MK. His shuttle loop shuts her down at the edge, and he can shark through the bottom of the stage.
~Lava can sometimes harm more than help. Peach can get hit out of being hit by the lava.
~Sometimes early deaths.
~Sometimes doesn't do too well against campy characters

Overall, I love Brinstar. It's not the stage for everyone, but if you can get used to it, then its awesome

Corrupted

Smash Journeyman
What about the middlepiece is there some way we can abuse the added hitlag. What about side b vs the things that can be damaged, only 18 frames of lag, should we abuse this?

-Cross-

Smash Ace
Is there any benefit for Peach to break the platforms? I only see a benefit to abusing added hitlag, if the hitboxes last until Peach hits the ground. I would think her fair could do this reasonably well.

Regarding another delay tactic with the sideB, on PS1 when the windmill shows up, if you sideB against the direction that the windmill is turning she stays in place with an active hitbox. Not very useful, situational, but hilarious when you land it.

deepseadiva

3DS FC
1779-0766-2622
Ooo, nice Cross, I didn't know that.

I'm always Peach Bombering everything. Shy Guys, balloons, Brinstar tentacles - we play Peach, any little move refreshment is going to be a godsend. And Peach Bomber is pretty safe on hit, and great for unstaleing since we're not exactly using it for much anyway.

Otherwise, jab everything if you have the time to do it. O_O

And there's that trick Edreeses had on Brinstar to float under the barrel things and uair a few times.

lloDownedu74

Smash Ace
Against MK, is it a good idea to stay on the ground and ONLY the ground? I've been trying it out, only glide tossing, jabbing, grabbing, and auto cancelled aerials... If I ever try jumping or anything, then I get tornadod and aerialed and whatever. So is staying on the floor what you're supposed to? Or am i missing something here? (btw i still suck vs MK)

Also, is it possible for peach to glide toss foward and then catch the turnips right away? I've done this a few times, but what are the uses for it (if any)?

Praxis

Smash Hero
BRoomer
I stay grounded, or retreat SH fair so that you can get back to the ground before he can reach you.

Battletanx_Commander

Smash Journeyman
Also, is it possible for peach to glide toss foward and then catch the turnips right away? I've done this a few times, but what are the uses for it (if any)?
If you do a reverse forward glidetoss correctly you can re-catch your turnips. :V The timing seems tight though and I could only see it as a way of retreating quickly since you could then glidetoss it again.

Xyless

Smash Master
You can with ice! You can catch it, then glidetoss it again and catch it again. Making it look like she's skating across the ice.

lloDownedu74

Smash Ace
Does it have to be reverse? I did it a few times normally... It is kinda hard to time. The glide has to be farther than she normally glide tosses, or at least pretty far.

And nice Xyless xD

Top Bottom