• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official SBR-B Brawl Tier List v3.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tien2500

Smash Lord
Zelda's uair has less startup and is stronger than ivy's iirc. Zelda's nair and Ivy's are about equal I must admit, both have similar properties. Ivy's Dair spike is defidently harder to pull off than Zelda's in my experience, and doesnt even send the opponent down every time like Zelda's. May I also mention that if you get faired or baired offstage as Zelda, then thats basically death for you? What do you mean by nair and bair take characters out of recovery range?
The startup on Uairs are similar. Zelda's may be slightly more powerful I don't know. I don't think Ivy's Dair is any harder to pull off. I think its just a matter of being more familar with the character. Ivy's Nair can spike and Bair can gimp characters with poor recovery fairly easily. Ivy has a pretty decent gimp game.

Can Zard deal with uair juggleing? Do his attacks outrange ftilt and dtilt? Is he gimped fairly easily?
No he doesn't deal with Uair that well but its not a matchup breaker. He does outrange Ftilt and Dtilt. And he's not gimped more easily that most of the cast especially with Up B's super armor which helps against Nair/Dair.

Can Zard deal with the amounts of spam? And how does Zard grab Olimar before he grabs you?
I think Olimar's spam is overrated if he doesn't get purples the damage you take getting inside is worth it and Charizard's speed helps. Flamethrower and Rocksmash are useful here, and once you get inside your grab is way faster. Olimar has an advantage definitely but his camping game isn't enough to completely shut Zard down or make this worse than 60:40.

How can Zard deal with lazer spam? Most Falco will recover high, so how gaemchangeing is flamethrower really? Does Zard get CGed?
Powershielding helps. Everyone gets CGed by Falco. Lol. Charizard actually does have an easier time getting out of it than most though. Charizard's double jump for some reason really helps here. If Falco is doing it perfectly than Zard can't escape but the timing is a bit more strict. Zard has moves that sort of force a low recovery and he can also Fair or Dair offstage which helps. And flamethrower is very useful in this match. Plus Falco's KO power isn't amazing so he has a bit of a hard time KOing Charizard. Again like Olimar this is in Falco's favor but its not a match where Charizard is shut down or has to do anything amazing to compete.

¯\_S.(ツ).L.I.D._/¯

Smash Legend
So cause I am not a quitter to prove a point and actually fight for my character makes me dumb? I'm sorry if I can meet your standards of the cool kids club. if I wanted to be in thatclub I post BS I know nothing about.

And if that is the case, don't worry about what I do and bounce and mind your own.
I think he has a point.

You're not going to agree with anything he says, so why would he waste his time typing it out? He has better things to do than write endless walls of text about how underrated and secretly great his character is.

Different strokes for different folks though.

zeldspazz

Smash Master
The startup on Uairs are similar. Zelda's may be slightly more powerful I don't know. I don't think Ivy's Dair is any harder to pull off. I think its just a matter of being more familar with the character. Ivy's Nair can spike and Bair can gimp characters with poor recovery fairly easily. Ivy has a pretty decent gimp game.
There was a thread around here somewhere with uair KO percentages. I believe Zelda's was the strongest. And trust me, Zelda's spike is really easy to sweetspot. The reason being that with ivy's dair, you must hit with the flower, and to get that close is dangerous. With Zelda's theres a lot more flexibility. And again, Zelda's always sends you down, the sweetspot is stronger, and Zelda actually has setups into it (dtilt, jab, or even grab release on the edge). Bair I find hard to see gimping many characters that matter, considering its main use is spacing, having low knockback and damage.

No he doesn't deal with Uair that well but its not a matchup breaker.
Him being heavy actually makes this really bad. You know how much Mk can rack up on you?

He does outrange Ftilt and Dtilt. And he's not gimped more easily that most of the cast especially with Up B's super armor which helps against Nair/Dair.
Charizard has terrible terrible jumps and super slow glide. If he hits you horizontally, and gets you with even like 1 dair, your done cus his upb is bad horizontal range and pretty easily edgeguarded. Getting harassed with dairs, but youre too far from the stage for upb to make it? You're screwed.
What move outranges ftilt?

I think Olimar's spam is overrated if he doesn't get purples the damage you take getting inside is worth it and Charizard's speed helps. Flamethrower and Rocksmash are useful here, and once you get inside your grab is way faster. Olimar has an advantage definitely but his camping game isn't enough to completely shut Zard down or make this worse than 60:40.
Olimar wont let you get inside is the point. His pivot grab is insame and a tether. And all his pikmin rack damage, dont underestimate it.

Powershielding helps. Everyone gets CGed by Falco. Lol. Charizard actually does have an easier time getting out of it than most though.
Powershielding is not character specific. Zelda doesnt get CGed.

Charizard's double jump for some reason really helps here. If Falco is doing it perfectly than Zard can't escape but the timing is a bit more strict. Zard has moves that sort of force a low recovery and he can also Fair or Dair offstage which helps. And flamethrower is very useful in this match. Plus Falco's KO power isn't amazing so he has a bit of a hard time KOing Charizard. Again like Olimar this is in Falco's favor but its not a match where Charizard is shut down or has to do anything amazing to compete.
Zelda has dsmash to force a low recovery. Zelda has a reflector. Zelda can powershield. Zelda can Dair Falco. Zelda has great KO power and a great setup. Zelda's doing the same in this matchup as Charizard, so even if what you wrote above is true, its not helping with your arguement of Charizard is better

Col. Stauffenberg

Smash Lord
So cause I am not a quitter to prove a point and actually fight for my character makes me dumb? I'm sorry if I can meet your standards of the cool kids club. if I wanted to be in thatclub I post BS I know nothing about.

And if that is the case, don't worry about what I do and bounce and mind your own.
I'm pretty sure I've told you before that actions speak louder than words. You're THAT desperate to fight for your character? Then shut up and go play. All the drivel you write in here really doesn't mean ****.

Kitamerby

Smash Hero

It's not that you're not a quitter, it's that you're really hypocritical. You go on about how nobody understands your character, then you try to criticize other characters that you don't really know much of anything about. Once people explain their points, you skim the post and write them off as they "just don't know," even if they're talking about their own character. For example, you did not even seem to read Phil's post, as you wrote everything off as drivel without actually taking the time to think about what he has said. For example, you replied to Phil's points about Lucario's recovery by simply writing it off as "LOL EXTREMESPEED. YOU JUST DON'T KNOW" how easy it is to edgeguard Lucario, etc. You completely failed to grasp the concept of any of his points, and then had the audacity to disregard his points with a mere "YOU JUST DON'T KNOW." instead of actually giving valid reasons as to why his logic was wrong, then immediately telling him "YOU JUST DON'T KNOW" anything about his own character. :\

I could care less honestly about how you view other characters, or how often you repeat your Peach information over and over about the same subject, often belittling your character's weaknesses(peach killing) while overemphasizing others (lucario recovery and implied simplicity apparently) , but I'm seriously disappointed in how you handle yourself in a proper discussion. A discussion is meant to inform people, not simply tell people that "they just don't know" without telling them what they should know. You seem to treat each discussion as an argument or debate, and believe that people should have already extensively studied a character who isn't even high tier and whom they'll probably rarely if ever confront in tournament. In short, chill out, explain yourself better, read things a bit more, and remember that the purpose of these discussions are to discuss, not necessarily to crush your opponent's will to inform.

To reclarify some of Phil's points, he stated that Lucario's large disjoints, which are made more effective by their long range, are extremely versatile and allow him a very strong anti-air defense. His projectile is apparently very versatile and hasn't been exploited completely as of yet, being able to used as both a camping tool, a killing tool, a powerful baiting or punishing tool, and has the ability to both kill early and eat through other projectiles at higher damage ranges. Lucario's moveset flows very well with his attributes, giving him somewhat of an offense as well as a stellar defense with his safe, long range tools, miniature combos, and if needed an oos game that, while not exactly the best, is still good enough to contend. Lucario's killing game is actually pretty good when you consider his power at high % combined with his ridiculous safety and shield damage, allowing him to apply pressure and possibly kill rather easily without putting himself through too much danger, and kill even easier if he must take that risk.

With proper pressure, even if he loses a stock early, he can still make it back for the kill and only take around 10-20%, just like any other character. What he trades in speed is made up for in safety, range, and a moveset that can both easily kill as well as rack up damage very quickly. Offstage isn't a problem either, as he has his extreme floatiness combined with his excellent momentum cancel compared to most of the cast, a very large second jump, powerful, ranged offstage aerials and anti-edgeguarding tactics and attacks, a usable airdodge, and even a stall. His recovery special isn't even all that BAD in its own right. His recovery special should almost never be used with these tools at his disposal. However, while very laggy on startup, but possibly lagless on landing, his recovery special isn't actually all that bad in the stat department. It gives him an extreme amount of distance, can be curved to allow recoveries from a variety of angles and positions that any non-multijump character can only dream about, and can be canceled into a wall cling to be used with Lucario's absolutely meta-knight-worthy wall jump. All of these tools give him an extremely versatile, long-ranged, and most importantly, flexible recovery.

I simply restated and slightly added on to Phil's points. Please don't skim over this like you did with Phil's.

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
I'm sorry if I choose to keep it real and actually speak the truth you people fail to realize or except. If you don't give a damm, the hell with what I have to say then. People like that are not important to me and I could really care less. You have an ignore list. Use it and not give a damm about what I do. That easy.

I will do what I feel I have to do, wether people like it or not. Done. Don't like it? There is an ignore list, use it fools.

Tien2500

Smash Lord
There was a thread around here somewhere with uair KO percentages. I believe Zelda's was the strongest. And trust me, Zelda's spike is really easy to sweetspot. The reason being that with ivy's dair, you must hit with the flower, and to get that close is dangerous. With Zelda's theres a lot more flexibility. And again, Zelda's always sends you down, the sweetspot is stronger, and Zelda actually has setups into it (dtilt, jab, or even grab release on the edge). Bair I find hard to see gimping many characters that matter, considering its main use is spacing, having low knockback and damage.
I don't see Zelda gimping any characters that matters either. Except maybe Snake. Basically you bair a character that has to sweetspot the ledge and then you Up B to get to it before them.

Him being heavy actually makes this really bad. You know how much Mk can rack up on you?
Zelda has a really hard time getting down too. And MK's Up A doesn't make Bowser or DK do worse than 40:60 so I don't see why its any worse for Zard.

Charizard has terrible terrible jumps and super slow glide. If he hits you horizontally, and gets you with even like 1 dair, your done cus his upb is bad horizontal range and pretty easily edgeguarded. Getting harassed with dairs, but youre too far from the stage for upb to make it? You're screwed.
Zard's glide is pretty much irrelevant. If he dairs you can recover with Up B. MK's isn't that fast that he's going to be able to knock Zard offstage and get into position where he can down A and Zard can't Up B. No doubt MK's gimp game is great but its not more trouble for Zard than for most.

Plus they can't really kill Charizard without gimping him.

What move outranges ftilt?
Dtilt I'm pretty sure. Flamethrower definitely. Ftilt too I think. Probably Dsmash but that isn't very useful.

Olimar wont let you get inside is the point. His pivot grab is insame and a tether. And all his pikmin rack damage, dont underestimate it.
Thats why Olimar has an advantage. Just not worse than 40:60. A good charizard can get inside. Plus Olimar is going to have to come in to KO as well.

Powershielding is not character specific. Zelda doesnt get CGed.
No its not character specific but that doesn't make it any less useful.

Zelda has dsmash to force a low recovery. Zelda has a reflector. Zelda can powershield. Zelda can Dair Falco. Zelda has great KO power and a great setup. Zelda's doing the same in this matchup as Charizard, so even if what you wrote above is true, its not helping with your arguement of Charizard is better
Charizard can Dair Falco too. And he can Fair which Falco can not come back from. Zelda's reflector isn't that great here with its cool down. She still can't do anything to make Falco approach and her approach is way worse than Zard's. And she's lighter and her KO power isn't that much better unless she can land lightining kicks.

Also I'd like to point out that the boards for the opponents have the same results at their most recent matchup discussions. Olimar's boards have it at 60:40. MK boards have it at 60:40. Falco boards have PT as a whole at 60:40. Since Ivy is pretty bad here I can't see how they could think it is 60:40 unless Zard is at least 60:40 here.

And if we're talking about bad matchups how about we bring Marth and G&W into the discussion too.

¯\_S.(ツ).L.I.D._/¯

Smash Legend
See, you're still being arrogant, and you're the one not accepting the truth.

Thing is, you're biased to your character to the point where you won't really accept anything that you don't believe is true. People don't like dealing with stubborn people, I know I don't at least. Calm down dude, you have an ignore list too. ;)

EDIT: This is aimed at Dark.Pch, ninja'd.

zeldspazz

Smash Master
Sorry Tien cant repond right now its time for my dinner, and I got Earth Science homework, I may get on it later though.

Tien2500

Smash Lord
Sorry Tien cant repond right now its time for my dinner, and I got Earth Science homework, I may get on it later though.
Alright. No problem. Honestly though a more relevant argument would be Zelda vs PT since Charizard is never going to be played alone in a major tournament.

N.A.G.A.C.E

Smash Champion
First: Apparently you did not understand what I told you earlier so I shall reiterate.
The players are NOT evidence of a characters potential, they ar an indication and only that, let aloe they are sway to changes in the metagame.

The palyers are also making use of traits that are already there and obviously will make the character appear better than thye character truly is when the level of skill is large enough.

The character did not change and no player cna do such a thing.

Manors are buildings we live in,
manners is etiquette.

You dare talk to me as if you are my superior!? HAVE AT YOU! *draws a rapier*
ha ha you are right i often confuse the manor i live in with the manners i have o the troubles of a gentlemen's lifestyle

the point of the good players is that they can show a character at its best and i am saying a DK at its best is better then you and DGM were giving it credit for.

If its a duel you want its a duel you will get i must defend my honor as a gentlemen. I see your weapon of choose is a rapier very good. We will meet on the bank of the river tomorrow at noon.

phi1ny3

Not the Mama
I was wrong, I underestimated Peach's control game, ever so slightly.
Ok this right here is really not saying much to why he is this upeer tier character. And you are not really getting into what he can really do or why he should be high on the list.
I'm sure the omniscient Dark.Pch knows what Lucario can do, I don't like going into detail because giving homage to one or two moves sounds really stupid and weak. Oh well, looks like I have to spell it out:
Lucario moveset isn't meant to gawk particularly at a few moves when at the highest level of play. It's meant to be looked at more from a perspective of options and the character as a whole: Lucario has a lot of moves that are just great, but not amazing until you put the character together, and combine aspects of the aura multiplier. ftilt and utilt swat out many aerial games, some even higher than his. AS while not admittedly the best at camping by itself, presents punishment opportunities when thrown uncharged, as the slow speed allows lucario just enough time to follow up on the opponent's reaction to it. Mixing it in with his keep away aerials and b-reversal switchups, lucario has a lot of options to keep the opponent guessing. AS as a killer/punishable are near unrivaled, as it makes AD/roll/spotdodge useless and at high percents doesn't get canceled easily, and has a ton of shieldstun. Kills really well even if staled, can be used with lucario's aerials really well, and can control really well. I could go on, but Lucario has a very competent keep away game that lends itself to a quasi-aggressive beatdown that generates good reward when done properly, and only gets better at high percents. Imo once a lucario gets the first stock and gets one good setup of a hit on an opponent at high percent, you usually lose the game unless he fell for "mindgames" (I hate this word). Lucario has a defensive game that does pretty well vs. shields, something a lot of chars that play "keep away" don't have (DK and ROB, for example). Unlike the previously mentioned characters, Lucario doesn't get pwned when he's breached, Dair is amazing at resetting, especially with multihit/DIable moves. His zoning game only gets harder due to increased shieldstun with his moves, and those transcendent hitboxes do wonders. In short, lucario has a strong offensive and defensive game that makes him able to have a shot against top tiers, and aura helps in so many ways. Peach has some bad MUs, having a borderline soft-counter vs. MK and against chars that are still decently viable isn't good.

Off stage Lucario is in trouble. With good/smart edguarding. he is not that hard to keep out. And a player can force you to recover in a whay they want too. And Just what are these tools that he has that are so good to make him that high, you still have not told me anything. All I heard so far is range. and killing.........ok that'd it. This is why he belongs so high up? Is that right?
Lucario's offstage game is something most people underestimate because they cry themselves senseless about his recovery. Boo-hoo, look at what lucario got for compensation. A slow projectile capable of controlling situations (unless PS'd, if the opponent shields it while onstage, lucario can pretty much make it back safely), and stage spikes edgehoggers, has disjointed, lingering aerials that once again, control space really well. Dair stalling is also a very viable tactic, lucario can merely weave away from most edgeguard attempts, and with it's low endlag (24 frames) can hop over most aerials after they have tried while they suffer endlag and lucario's safe. It's even better if he actually DI'd properly, as recovering form above makes dair really powerful as a tool to avoid juggling/resetting. Then we go to attributes: Lucario is 5th slowest in fall speed in the game, which means he doesn't suffer having to use his recovery as often as other chars. He has a good momentum canceling move that on some stages allows him to live until 170% on average, and he has a really high second jump. If lucario is a ******, it's easy to see the misconception that he's junk offstage, but he's actually good in everything except for his recovery.
tl;dr Uh, no they can't, unless you have some magic way of making lucario fall like a rock and lose his second jump.

Ok now you just talking BS. First off, tpical play style is Peach relying on floating thinking that is the answer to all her problems. Peach Really does not need to be floating so much and it is not her prime thing. I have been playing her and hardly float these days. Ask people who see me in tournies, I am hardly floating these stays and still hacking it. Goes to show you when people use thier heads, they realize and understand stuff. And I limit my floating usage and placing fine in tournaments. So lets not talk this junk.
This was the part I was right and wrong about. What you're describing isn't special/unique to Peach, nor is it best utilized by her. Anyone with eyes can see that spacing is nothing big, I think honestly you're taking Peach way out of proportion with what's called "bait n' punish". Very simple concept really.
Most of the time if I am floating, it is to recover. And even so, I have my F-B and toad to get some extra recover distance. And Peach has many ways to approach. It does not have to be the typical floating or glide tossing. Brush up on my character before you spit stuff like this at me.
This was an interesting remark. I can't tell if you get steamed easily, but it sounds like you are condescending at me for looking at a concept the wrong way. This my good sir is not how to play the debate game. I could say the exact same thing about your view of my character. For example, most people say lucario's kill game lacks ability to land because of how slow it is. If you've ever seen a lucario game, they clearly can kill pretty reliably. If Lucario was truly "one dimensional", this wouldn't be the case, would it? No, because lucario has a large pool of options, and doesn't use one option heavily. Lots of lucario's options are also viable in many situations. He even has a decent setup for a few of his kill moves. You of all people should know, considering how differently lucario has to play the Peach MU, since he can't use typical fair strings. Does that mean he gets ***** by how basic it is? No, he uses other methods and still manages to make it if anything in his favor. "Brush up on my more viable and better repped character before you spit stuff like this at me", my arrogant friend. At least I'm not widely regarded as flamingly narrow minded/bigoted.
Again, not telling me anything expect BS on my character. You can't even defend yours on why he belongs so high up there. I'm not seeing it. Killing and range. And low cool down time on air attacks. Thats all I got.
I mentioned unique traits/tools in the brief time I had, there's really no point in illustrating common tools/MU's, this isn't a MU thread lol. Lucario has more solid tools that enable slightly better edges on the other higher members, Peach doesn't.

Like what? Cause that is straight BS.
I'll take it back, I'm doubting Pit certainly better than Peach. But both have far more flexible tools that hold up by themselves/with more scenarios. This is really overall up to opinion, so to clarify my point is a little lulzy.
Also, Please don't you dare say Lucario and Pit have more switch ups than Peach, really with a simple character as lucario. Don't dare come to me with this one dude. Cause you still failed to tell me what makes this dude so up there on the list. And If that was the case, match up for Peach would not be like this:

35:65 MK (Disadvantage)
40:60 Marth (Disadvantage)
45-55 Snake (Disadvantage)Don't agree with this one, but what the hey, I'll give you the benefit of the doubt
45-55 G&W (Disadvantage)
50-50 DDD (Even)
60-40 Wario (Advantage)
50-50/45-55 Falco (Disadvantage/even)
60-40 Diddy (Advantage)
50-50 Pikachu (Even)
50-50 Kirby (Even)
60-40 Olimar (Advantage)
60-40 IC (Advantage)

Hey look I can spin MU ratios and leave out two solid disadvantageous MU ratios too, wow Peach is amazing.
I was nice, so I didn't include these, even though I agree with a lot of other Peaches that these are disadvantageous:
50-50/45:55 TL (Disadvantage/even)
50-50/45:55 Lucario (Disadvantage/even)

Ya very impressive, being soft countered and having biased MU ratios, including obviously disadvantaged ones screened.

You don't know much about Peach, and I can assume the same for luigi. You speak BS about my character and fail to defend yours as to why he belongs so high up and how he has alot to him that makes him so versitale. You pretty much proff my point. Not even a person who plays/Mains lucario can even explain this to me and defend them.
I do know a thing or two about Luigi, I have a different take on what is important, it's difficult to explain.
Peach I'll admit I don't main her (OMG I SHUD DIE I IZ SINNAR), but I have played against Peaches and watched them, particularly Praxis'. While I admittedly got owned by Praxis, I had no clue about the MU, which inspired me to study it up. To my dismay, I felt somewhat cheated on how I lost, I really lost my touch from having "Brawl Withdrawal". Since then, I think Peach is underrated, but you bring up really stupid arguments that could apply to nearly everyone, most of them about "mentalities", and "OMG I KEEP SLOWLY GIVING PEACH CLIMB ON THE TIER LIST I EVEN INITIALLY THOUGHT SHE WAS INCOMPARABLE TO ONE CHAR AND NAO THIIIIIIIIIIS". Comparing little compartments of "better jab game" and such I think is only to further your point, placement relies on how the character fits as a whole in design.
I still think however, that having a soft counter vs. MK (I think that's what it is, I'm certainly not going to take it from someone severely biased) is hurtful to a character like Peach.
I don't go into detail for lucario, merely because stating "dair is awesome, everyone should use it" is stupid. There are arguments that can be founded by this that state "someone of overall inferiority does have _____ better than _____ of a better char, therefore, the clearly inferior character is better from a narrowed scope". Lucario has unique strengths, and limiting them to one or two moves makes it sound scrubby. If I were to say "fsmash if properly used is very safe", people would assume I'm still living in Azen's glory days. Peach can't kill, that's a very crucial part of any disadvantageous MU where a character outspaces/outcamps you, I see people lose only because they don't learn how to play the MU right, even when they play it often.

btw, what you mention isn't special. When I was preparing for the Peach MU after losing to Praxis, I looked up several videos, including yours. Any decent char can applicably space like you do, with different tools obviously, but I'm stating what is unique to Peach as her strengths and attributes. Everytime I've seen someone get hit by Peach I never see "good use of tools", as much as I see "That guy really was read like a book". Peach is B-tier material with a game like hers, but your bias transcends boundaries, particularly over other chars you clearly don't know about either.
I'm done trying to explain with a bigoted person like you, I don't want this to escalate any further, but I really just have to realize your's is just another opinion, an annoying, monopolizing one at that, but one person's opinion nonetheless. I really can't believe there are people who want you in SBR with what goes on in bias, I won't pretend I'm a professional, but I've looked at what makes sense to me, and that's that for me. I haven't the slightest qualm with you, but I'd really wish you wouldn't talk down to people like your opinion >>>>>>>>>> theirs. There is such a thing as intelligent/constructive discussion without going to the lengths to deprive it of dignity/respect as you have.

Kitamerby

Smash Hero
Alright, I feel completely juked now.

I take time out of my day to try to help Drk Pch and he tells me to use my ignore feature. =\

Col. Stauffenberg

Smash Lord
You two, my office. Now.

I'm sorry if I choose to keep it real and actually speak the truth you people fail to realize or except. If you don't give a damm, the hell with what I have to say then. People like that are not important to me and I could really care less. You have an ignore list. Use it and not give a damm about what I do. That easy.

I will do what I feel I have to do, wether people like it or not. Done. Don't like it? There is an ignore list, use it fools.
Just curious, what people ARE important to you? Who is it for that you write such nonsense over and over? Because honestly I'd be a little surprised if anyone actually did give a ****.

Nidtendofreak

Smash Hero
NNID
TheNiddo
3DS FC
3668-7651-8940
I really can't believe there are people who want you in SBR with what goes on in bias
*looks at Inui*

Yaaaa....I don't think bias is a big issue when it comes to SBR. >_>

Just curious, what people ARE important to you? Who is it for that you write such nonsense over and over? Because honestly I'd be a little surprised if anyone actually did give a ****.
Hey, the Sonic mains basically did what Drk.Peach is doing, except there was more then one of them and they had a funnier style. I don't see what the issue is at all.

Nidtendofreak

Smash Hero
NNID
TheNiddo
3DS FC
3668-7651-8940
Writing stuff repeatedly trying to prove a point.

Sonic mains did this.

Drk.Peach is doing this.

I am kinda doing this to an extent.

It's somewhat connected to what you said, somewhat not due to me having a headache and thus misreading stuff. >_>

GunmasterLombardi

Smash Champion
Sheesh, this thread has become a monster by well known people on the boards.

If you simply know nothing about the character(s) and all of his/her match-ups being discussed, then you need to GET OUT.:sonic:

Edit: By default, wherever PT goes on the tier list, Zelda shouldn't be more than 2 spots below him.

phi1ny3

Not the Mama
On a lighter note, what about these characters with paired potential? (ex. Fox and Wolf, Ness and Lucas) I've heard deviation is possible, but a lot of people think their potential is fated to neighbor each other.
@sky: I felt wario got overrated on the current tier list, but I think he's still a little better than D3 and marth. I'm not sure about the character's MUs, but last I heard, some have started to change since the "OMG wario boom".
ICs I could see being placed there, although I think they too are possibly higher than D3.

Col. Stauffenberg

Smash Lord
I never claimed I liked them either. But at least most of the Sonic mains (or at least the ones that matter) relied on results to make their point, not some "I know this character better than you" slop.

Mk
Snake
Falco
Diddy
Marth
DDD
Wario
Climbers

Debate me plz.
DIddy and Falco should swap. Diddy is almost like Snake when you compare to how they play. Diddy relys upon the peels to generate scearios that limit the options of your opponent and actually set-up for attacks at times. Snake does something similar with mortars, c4, grenades and mines. However, he is more built as a powerhouse that can actually get Kos while diddy struggles.

A falco playstyle limits options with the use of lasers. But because they disappear after they have been powershielded, it has limited use. A skilled opponent will more than likely be able to counteract lasers more easily than diddy's bananas. They simply limit more options and restrict playstyles more so than lasers can.

phi1ny3

Not the Mama
I think wario is top 5 definitely.
Sonics really did back it up with tourney results, and although I don't really like the idea of doing it, I could use that point to illustrate mine, but like I said, I distrust that list with anyone under the top 8 mark or so.

ShadowLink84

Smash Hero
ha ha you are right i often confuse the manor i live in with the manners i have o the troubles of a gentlemen's lifestyle
It happens more often than you think, many a man has fallen under the evils of English pronunciation (bizarre language)
the point of the good players is that they can show a character at its best and i am saying a DK at its best is better then you and DGM were giving it credit for.
Not necessarily, because as I said earlier, human players are subject to MANY factors, physical and psychological. They can provide an indication but cannot be used as evidence.

If its a duel you want its a duel you will get i must defend my honor as a gentlemen. I see your weapon of choose is a rapier very good. We will meet on the bank of the river tomorrow at noon.
Your noon or mine? I am east coast.

N.A.G.A.C.E

Smash Champion
It happens more often than you think, many a man has fallen under the evils of English pronunciation (bizarre language)

Not necessarily, because as I said earlier, human players are subject to MANY factors, physical and psychological. They can provide an indication but cannot be used as evidence.

Your noon or mine? I am east coast.
I to live on the east coast.

then what do you suggest we use as evidence for how good a character is?

N.A.G.A.C.E

Smash Champion
You ask as if you do not know, their abilities their traits.
objective data compounded with the indications provided by the players.
you can look at all that stuff as much as you want but it means nothing till its put into use and thats why the big dk players are important and there use means dk should move up.

I mean when we look at just the traits and abilities we don't get the full picture. its like when brawl first came out and people thought toon link was going to be top tier but then when they did not do well at tourneys he was no longer thought of being that great. while b/c of good DKs out there he is looking pretty good with out the ddd inf

the tier list is based upon how well the character is being used even through people say its based on the character being played at its very best. this is b/c we don't know what the very best is so we have to rely on what the best players can do with their character of choice and the top DK's are doing very well in one of the hardest states to play in.

Gindler

Smash Champion
So yoshi doesn't have trouble killing, I heard peach didn't and yoshi kills better than her.

(S)He's in C tier now right? :)

of course who needs amazing kill power when you have amazing dps (peach is that awesome)

ShadowLink84

Smash Hero
you can look at all that stuff as much as you want but it means nothing till its put into use and thats why the big dk players are important and there use means dk should move up.
THas faulty logic.
You do not need someone to use a 1 frame jab that stretches across the entire length of FD in order to know its a really broken jab.

This is the same with Akuma etc etc
It isnt as if the abilities DK has are very ambigous and indistinguishable.

I mean when we look at just the traits and abilities we don't get the full picture. its like when brawl first came out and people thought toon link was going to be top tier but then when they did not do well at tourneys he was no longer thought of being that great. while b/c of good DKs out there he is looking pretty good with out the ddd infinite
It is because of hype.
TL is a good character but once you compare him to other characters, then he is not.
The issue is that people only look at the character by himself without comparing him to the other characters.

As a result, characters tend ot be placed too high and others too low.
You must use those traits in order to get an accurate picture, human behavior is flawed in itself and cannot be used as evidence, it can be used as an indication as I said earlier.

the tier list is based upon how well the character is being used even through people say its based on the character being played at its very best. this is b/c we don't know what the very best is so we have to rely on what the best players can do with their character of choice and the top DK's are doing very well in one of the hardest states to play in.
That is wrong.
A tierlist is used to measure the capabilities in comparison to others within a tournament setting.
This however assumes only what is humanely possible since if a character was played at its best, no one would ever attack since they would be powershielded and punished and then lose through stalling.

We looka t best playersforan indication, to use them as evidence is terrible because you will always have someone who is so good, they defy what should happen.
Falcon vs Sonic is a bad matchup for falcon.
Ally vs Anther doesnt change that.

DDD vs DK (infinite allowed) is really bad for DK, just because BUM annihalates a DDD changes it.

It can be an indication in that it MIGHT not be so bad, but only an indication at best.

Nanaki

Smash Lord
Mk
Snake
Falco
Diddy
Marth
DDD
Wario
Climbers

Debate me plz.
I really think D3 is a more overall viable character than Marth. Not by much, but enough that I wouldn't say they're interchangeable.

Falco/Diddy is debatable, I've seen more impressive stuff overall from Diddy, though. Having a banana in your hand makes you so unapproachable it's ridiculous. Those 2 are definitely 3/4.

Wario could easily be 5th, but we haven't seen enough results (probably due to lack of representation, but I digress) to back it up. I agree with where you have him.

4nace

Smash Ace
@Sky`

Seems like you are overrating Falco a bit. Actually I should say overrating Lazers. Falco is a very stage-dependent character and therefore can lose matches if counterpicked well. He also has to deal with stalling at very high skill levels, and his recovery is very predictable making early gimps not out of the question.

He is not better than Diddy, hell lazers are not even better than bananas haha.

As for the rest of the list, I agree that Marth is above DDD but I also think that Wario is a bit better than Falco and Marth, but its very close. If i had to a a rating out of 100 for the 3 with MK as 100 and Ganon as 0, then i would put it as so

1 MK 100
2 Snake 94
3 Diddy 89
4 Wario 85
5 Falco 83
6 Marth 83
7 ICs 79
8 DDD 77

then others haha.

FatJackieChan

Smash Journeyman
4nace, you don't have it quite right. MK isn't a perfect score anymore. I wouldn't even put him at #1, well I would understand why you would though. Diddy is probably higher than Snake. Diddy has more S-tier advantages. Wario would also top Snake because he has 3 top character advantages. Falco vs Marth, I agree with that. IC's might be a little better. They counter Falco and D3. That should move them up above Falco and Marth. and D3 I guess, but I would put Pikachu their.

MK 96
Diddy 94
Wario 93
Snake 87
IC's 84
Falco 83
Marth 83
Pikachu 78
D3 76
Captain Falcon 9000+

N.A.G.A.C.E

Smash Champion
THas faulty logic.
You do not need someone to use a 1 frame jab that stretches across the entire length of FD in order to know its a really broken jab.

This is the same with Akuma etc etc
It isnt as if the abilities DK has are very ambigous and indistinguishable.

It is because of hype.
TL is a good character but once you compare him to other characters, then he is not.
The issue is that people only look at the character by himself without comparing him to the other characters.

As a result, characters tend ot be placed too high and others too low.
You must use those traits in order to get an accurate picture, human behavior is flawed in itself and cannot be used as evidence, it can be used as an indication as I said earlier.

That is wrong.
A tierlist is used to measure the capabilities in comparison to others within a tournament setting.
This however assumes only what is humanely possible since if a character was played at its best, no one would ever attack since they would be powershielded and punished and then lose through stalling.

We looka t best playersforan indication, to use them as evidence is terrible because you will always have someone who is so good, they defy what should happen.
Falcon vs Sonic is a bad matchup for falcon.
Ally vs Anther doesnt change that.

DDD vs DK (infinite allowed) is really bad for DK, just because BUM annihalates a DDD changes it.

It can be an indication in that it MIGHT not be so bad, but only an indication at best.
well its true that some moves are obviously broken, some moves may seem good or bad but until put into practice you don't know. ex zelda's f-smash seems good at first but can be di'ed out of making bad.

2nd i know how they make the tier list but i think looking at what a character could potentially due while no one can put it into practice is not the right way of doing it. I think it should be more (but not completely) based on what the characters are doing when put into practice.

I do agree that basesing the list on someone like Bum whose skills are far above most others is not the right thing to do. This is why i still think despite ally that mk beats snake. but you do have to take into account the other top players if they are reping the character well.

Kofu

Smash Master
NNID
Atoyont
3DS FC
1521-4492-7542
@Sky`

Seems like you are overrating Falco a bit. Actually I should say overrating Lazers. Falco is a very stage-dependent character and therefore can lose matches if counterpicked well.
The bit about Falco being a stage dependent character sounds eerily like Wario IMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom