• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official SBR-B Brawl Tier List v3.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

Red Arremer

Smash Legend
I implied it.

People of higher skill and/or knowledge know Dedede's CGs are part of the game and accept that. And they usually know there's only a small amount of characters who get truly infinited by him.

humble

Smash Ace
Dedede has tools that allow him to land the grab easily, easily perform it, and it renders several characters inviable. These are factors which all lead to general hate towards him, not to mention the use of D3's CG is much more common and many D3's seem to play the game solely for grabbing people.

Albert.

Smash Master
Dedede has tools that allow him to land the grab easily, easily perform it, and it renders several characters inviable. These are factors which all lead to general hate towards him, not to mention the use of D3's CG is much more common and many D3's seem to play the game solely for grabbing people.
what a brilliant post.

(sarcasm)

Dark 3nergy

Smash Hero
NNID
Gambit.7
3DS FC
4313-0369-9934
Switch FC
SW-5498-4166-5599
what a truely narrow view of DDD, surely if a DDD did grab as much as you implied he'd be way above meta knight.

The real fact is DDD can be punished if grabs are not timed correctly. Forcing your grabs leaves you open for all kinds of punishment. Messing up the chain grab also leads into punishment

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
For whoever asked (I am tired, can't read that well lol johns), standing infinites on Wario have been used in tournament occasionally, but not usually in the purpose to merely/exclusively stall or borderline stall with it. The way the infinites work on Wario is that the person lets him air break (almost always forced. If the Wario player is intentionally letting this happen to him, IDK what is wrong with him rofl), and then they regrab. The HUGE difference between these standing infinites, and stuff like Dedede's infinites or IC's or anything else, is that people are not forced to damage him for the infinite to work. Every infinite involving throws obviously does damage each throw. Every infinite involving pummeling obviously does damage when pummeling.

But in this case, the opponent is not forced to damage Wario in anyway what so ever, while still being able to keep him trapped there for all eternity. It is because of this that I think a rule governing that COULD be appropriate, depending on what the rule was.

infomon

Smash Scientist
Arturito: No, they could pummel if they want to. So the non-Wario is not forced to damage the Wario if they want to just stall.

in which case, it would be hard to determine if that's a stall or not, if they only pummel every now and then..... "Stalling" is SBR-banned, but it's pretty hard to determine what qualifies or doesn't. :urg:

thanx for the reply DMG. You should start abusing this lots so that ppl start to care about resolving it. ;)

Spelt

BRoomer
BRoomer
But in this case, the opponent is not forced to damage Wario in anyway what so ever, while still being able to keep him trapped there for all eternity. It is because of this that I think a rule governing that COULD be appropriate, depending on what the rule was.
what would your wording of the rule be?

PolMex23

Smash Champion
what a brilliant post.

(sarcasm)
Well accept one thing without being a little douche.

Grabbing with DDD is very simple. An yes some D3s focus solely on there grab game.

An guess what? They win, alot.

Not *****in, just sayin. Oh, Luigi is very similar to melee falcon. Thanks for being a concrete minded ****.

An about standing infinites not being banned. Sorry for my ignorance, just being in FL kinda makes me ignorant to whats goin on outside of it.

With that said, there will be more Marf in the future.

humble

Smash Ace
DMG what are your thoughts on Pits ledge camp? I want to hear what the master of all that is gay in Brawl has to say about it...

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
what a truely narrow view of DDD, surely if a DDD did grab as much as you implied he'd be way above meta knight.

The real fact is DDD can be punished if grabs are not timed correctly. Forcing your grabs leaves you open for all kinds of punishment. Messing up the chain grab also leads into punishment
You have to admit though, DDD's do base a lot of their game off of their grabs.

This is partly why the personification comes into play, as joel said. Which is funny because I absolutely hate King DDD because of his CG as well, lol.

Praxis

Smash Hero
BRoomer
I implied it.

People of higher skill and/or knowledge know Dedede's CGs are part of the game and accept that. And they usually know there's only a small amount of characters who get truly infinited by him.
You mean, two? DK and Dedede.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom